SP Oriental Mongol History Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

cghopk said:
Do you make your own or use any cool central Asian scene props?

Alas, I don't. I've done very little to the town scenes etc in the mod, and battlefields are predominantly larger open areas that give testament to the archers effectiveness, I had a fantastic randomly generated scene in the rus part of the map earlier whilst using 30 of the new Norman longbowmen that forced an enemy army across a large open plain, through a river and up a steep bank and hill to get to my longbowmen, it was a slaughter, especially seeing as rus archers couldn't match the range shooting uphill.

Great fun.

Excellent longbow! Looks like yew alright. It always frustrated me how the bows in the vanilla game were just brown and didn't look like wood or horn or anything. Just brown color :evil:

So i took 30 Longbowmen on campaign around the river on Southern Rus territory and got some good ingame screenshots, very immersive.

Firing a Volley at Dusk at the oncoming charge of Rus infantry.

41D19A88F9EF5E0881F9E32D3C300C7BEAE18842

Long distance Skirmishing between the Longbowmen and Rus Archers

B4A9A3958F33BDC3F547AFCA56629EA0E464C5A5

Loosing a volley at Chin crossbowmen in the Eastern territories

B48B9250D3CBD6FF9558F7FD447A46FC86E19D0C

You know, Thorgrim's map editor is very easy to use, and there is a map resource I've found once that spans from England to India. You could just use one of them and cut out western Europe and start from there.

Giggityninja said:
You know, Thorgrim's map editor is very easy to use, and there is a map resource I've found once that spans from England to India. You could just use one of them and cut out western Europe and start from there.

I am also a full time student and work, as well as spend a lot of my free time doing archery IRL , I have the time to make items etc and change various things in the mod but in between those things and the other mp I work on I just don't have the time, nor really want to. Sorry, I know it would be more authentic but I've never personally been a big fan of custom maps and it'd have to be a big one to contain all the relatively random factions. The purpose of this mod isn't so much historical and geographical accuracy as much as letting people's singe player experience be transformed to the great battles across mongol steppes where they can feel more immersed and their own makeshift agincourt like battles. In my own singe player character for it (on day 12 iirc?) I have great fun matching my troop of longbowmen against larger Dane or rus forces on open battlefields, it feels much more immersive.

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
You could just rename the mod Rise of khergits

Imagine the factions all being dragged out of their respective time periods and thrown into calradia. The khergits don't exist anymore, the only thing that's the same is the map.

Mod is bust

It is with a heavy heart I have to announce that this mod is bust, a couple of days ago several corrupted windows files made my PC unusable, and it required a complete wipe, format and reset to fix, with this I lost all my files including the mod which wasn't backed up, I do not have the time to remake it.

I would however advise that anyone making a mod solo should back it up frequently to avoid the mishap I've experienced and I would also advise against getting a windows PC.

Back
Top Bottom