Money back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilyena

So, how do I get my money back? I bought the game and then later found out that they'd since removed the feature present in the last two iterations... namely the ability to make a female main character.

This might be hard to hear, but that in no way, ever, entails you to a refund. You have received exactly what you payed for.

Duze said:
This might be hard to hear, but that in no way, ever, entails you to a refund. You have received exactly what you payed for.

Yes, and now that I have it I realise that it isn't what I expected it to be. In most civilised nations that means you are entitled to a refund.

Ilyena said:
Really? I guess that must be the demo that doesn't exist.
From download page:
"*We are offering Mount&Blade through a try before you buy model. You can download the game and start playing right away. The downloaded file is a trial version that lets you play the game up until you reach level 7. You can then purchase a license online to upgrade your game to full mode and continue playing with your character. As soon as you buy a license you will obtain a serial key which will remove the level limit and let you play on the multi-player servers. You will not need to download the game again."

Ilyena said:
Duze said:

Yes, and now that I have it I realise that it isn't what I expected it to be. In most civilised nations that means you are entitled to a refund.
Try doing that at a store that sells video games and see what they tell you.

Download the game.
When it ask for the key, there is a game with a really big thing that reads: "Continue in Trial Mode". And lots of data about it, how much it last and all that.
I have to say its a looong demo. Leveling in this game is usually slower than in WB, so....

Also, not like its hidden on the download page....  :roll:

Ceriy said:
Ilyena said:
Really? I guess that must be the demo that doesn't exist.
From download page:
"*We are offering Mount&Blade through a try before you buy model. You can download the game and start playing right away. The downloaded file is a trial version that lets you play the game up until you reach level 7. You can then purchase a license online to upgrade your game to full mode and continue playing with your character. As soon as you buy a license you will obtain a serial key which will remove the level limit and let you play on the multi-player servers. You will not need to download the game again."

Yes, Mount & Blade, not the expansion which is what I'm talking about. Both the original AND Warbands have a demo, but With Fire & Sword don't.

Leberecht Reinhold said:
Download the game.
When it ask for the key, there is a game with a really big thing that reads: "Continue in Trial Mode". And lots of data about it, how much it last and all that.
I have to say its a looong demo. Leveling in this game is usually slower than in WB, so....

Also, not like its hidden on the download page....  :roll:

I bought the game through Steam, so I didn't get that option.

Ilyena said:
Duze said:

In most civilized countries that does not go for digital media if you have in any way opened/used the product. You have. Thus - suck it up. And yes, there was a trial. It's right on the download page for the game.

Ceriy said:
Then why are you asking for a refund here if you paid on steam?

Maybe I was hoping that someone might be helpful rather than jeering. I guess I was wrong. I won't be buying any Taleworlds products again.

Ilyena said:
Ceriy said:
Then why are you asking for a refund here if you paid on steam?

Maybe I was hoping that someone might be helpful rather than jeering. I guess I was wrong. I won't be buying any Taleworlds products again.

Don't kid yourself. If you wanted to have your money back you would have contacted the seller, as you do in most civilized countries. What you did was merely trolling on the forum.

Ilyena said:
Yes, Mount & Blade, not the expansion which is what I'm talking about. Both the original AND Warbands have a demo, but With Fire & Sword don't.
With Fire and Sword has the EXACT SAME try-before-you-buy as Warband, and the original, which has now been pointed out to you numerous times.

Ilyena said:
I bought the game through Steam, so I didn't get that option.
Everyone has that option. Just go to Taleworlds.com and download it there. You weren't forced to buy it via Steam before trying it.

Steam doesn't allow any sort of refund, by the way. Even if game's broke, and not just some feature that you randomly expected to be present that wasn't, they still won't give you a refund. Sorry, you're out of luck.

Aethelbert said:
Digital download is an uncivilised realm.

Which is why this is a waste of time. I can't believe you want your money back when the mods that will make this game haven't even seen the light of day. After blood and steel I couldn't go back to native warband. Try any game published by EA, youl fit right in.

You can get refunds on steam but only if the product doesnt work when it's supposed to.

IE, your specs meeting the requirements on the store page,  but the game not working.

submit a support ticket, 

you wont be refunded but you'll be reimbursed.  you'll likley have money added to your Steam account wallet so you can buy something else.

if you arent willing to go the extra mile then it's your own fault and stop whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom