Monday Night Combat

Users who are viewing this thread

Taimat396

Baron
It's half way between a third person TF2 and DotA.

Gameplay Trailer

It's going for a tenner on steam and comes with guest passes.

****'s pretty decent for that, though I haven't tried Crossfire (The DotA gamemode) much.

Oh yeah, there's two gamemodes - Blitz, which is a team based tower defence + people. You build the towers, upgrade your skills and defend a giant ball of money. Then there's Crossfire, wherein two teams send lanes of robots at each other while building turrets, upgrading skills and holding off the other team's bots. At some point you're supposed to attack, too.

Six different classes, which are explained fairly well in the trailer above. Oh, and it comes with some free TF2 items if you're so inclined.

****ing Assasins. That's all I can say at the moment.
But I geuss that had to do with the fact that my whole team consisted of friends who also just got the game xD

Assassins are great if they figure it out.

It's a horrible, horrible class until you get level three assassin and cloak along with at least level 2 dash. At that point they're an absolute beast.

I generally go assassin, and stick with bothunting with the shuriken launcher until I get level 3 assassin and level 2 cloak, and then I start going for players with the sword. But Tanks are a pretty hard counter - the assassin can't kill 'em in one, and even after a grabble from behind the tank has enough health to kill the assassin before they can take 'em out.

My other class is generally gunner. Jet to a good spot, deploy and let rip. Corners are best because then everyone needs to attack from the front, and nobody other than a decent sniper at long range will take out a deployed Gunner without dying unless they have backup/a good skill advantage/the gunner sucks.

Evilknightz said:
The characters kind of annoy me. I mean, TF2 characters have a retarded charm. These characters aren't even witty or clever. They annoy me.

Depends. Support is kinda amusing, and the assassin only gets quips from the commentators. No question that the assault and sniper are annoying, though :sad:

Bah, if you saw 'em coming they were a ****ty assassin. If you can't approach from behind, appraoch with a group of bots or from above. You get seen, smoke bomb > superjump and immediately cloak. by the time you hit eye level you're completely invisible if you don't move.

I've got a 1 day guest pass if anyone needs/wants it. Just shoot me your email. First one can have it.

Oh and TANK.

Calodine said:
Bah, if you saw 'em coming they were a ****ty assassin. If you can't approach from behind, appraoch with a group of bots or from above. You get seen, smoke bomb > superjump and immediately cloak. by the time you hit eye level you're completely invisible if you don't move.

Considering I am constantly spinning around I see any assassin coming most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom