Moeckerkalfie is being overly dramatic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wading in to a forum where people are posting legitimate complaints and calling them all entitled whiners in such a smug, obnoxious way is quite rude. You're right there is no agreement which says Taleworlds must help the modding community, but the community is also well within its rights to complain, especially given how essential mods are to Mount and Blade's success. You're completely over-reacting to some reasonable issues which have been raised.

Merlkir said:
The rollbacks aren't guaranteed to work? What?

There's the game cd-key issue. Do you even read what others post?
Merlkir said:
I'm not putting the blame on Steam users, just saying their unfortunate situation is also an outcome of them choosing to use the service.

And yeah, it's totally like black people being murdered. I can see how it's exactly the same thing.
Yeah, people should totally expect to have flawed games because they choose to use the most popular digital copy shopping software in the World.

You gotta be welcome to such analogies when you claim people are blowing this out of proportion. The scale of problems is relative to the individual. The point is, it's a real nuisance to some people and they have every right to make their voice heard, so you have no right to go insult them. Just because the company just decided to milk a mod and is creating a new game doesn't mean they can treat their loyal community like garbage, is what many of us feel. If it doesn't annoy as much, good for you, hush and sit tight waiting for the patch I guess. Everyone's happy.

EDIT : +1 to both posts above me, exactly some of what I'm trying to get across myself.

Merlkir said:
@Barabas:

Why should we wait because someone fixes things he shouldn't have broken in the first place?

Because you don't have a choice? Sorry, but not everyone out there does everything he does for the sole benefit of your happiness. Is it unfortunate what happened? Yes. Could it have been prevented? Yes.
Eh... it's not for MY enjoyment, it's for the enjoyment of many Warband players, not just for people playing our mod. To be honest, I've got enough other things on my mind to be playing games.
Merlkir said:
Is it a major distaster that will do real harm to anyone? No. Of course not.
It might not be a major disaster, as it doesn't harm anyone, but that doesn't mean we have to be silent and patiently wait till whenever.

Merlkir said:
What I know is - you guys take this way too seriously and you're refusing to see how insignificant of an event it is. You've been on edge for two weeks and continue to hype each other into a rage over this ridiculous non-issue.
We're waiting to play our game, release an update and hold an event. And everytime we think we are nearly there someone comes around the corner with an update that ruins our plans yet again. I've patiently waited for two weeks and I'm getting fed up. I would be more accepting (?) if it was just a regular Taleworlds patch. Now it feels like some modder broke the mods of all other people.
Merlkir said:
I do. They're working on MnB2. The Squirrel guys made the DLC, so they know best how it works and what's needed. Yes, we'd have probably benefited from closer cooperation, no doubt.
Working on your next title is not an excuse to let someone else play with your game.

I know **** happens from time to time, but that doesn't mean it's ok.

hrotha said:
Insignificant? Non-issue? Dude, this is the Víkingr subforum in the Mount & Blade: Warband message board, not the United Nations. In the scale of issues that can be discussed in this here forum, of course it's gonna come on top.

Sure thing. It was the type of posts like this:

Eiríkr Rauði said:
Guess we'll be seeing the event delayed again.

Clicky

**** TaleWorlds and **** Vincenzo. **** DLC and **** it all.

HarkonHakoon said:
That little **** Vincenzo had to ruin all other mods. Goes afk for 1 year and 2 months without patching his mod and then suddenly goes "lolz guys MM is now p2p with 1 more faction and maps, enjoy!!! o, and ill get TW to release a useless patch to **** up all your mods. while they're all in need of being updated, people cba waiting and everyone will buy my mod, which is not even as good as many out there! profit!"

It's odd to see people like Eiríkr Rauði, whom I consider very decent, getting this upset. Especially over something I consider not that important. I mean...**** Taleworlds, hell yeah! We hate them now, they should just stop what they're doing and die.

HarkonHakoon said:
There's the game cd-key issue. Do you even read what others post? (no, I just post whatever comes to my mind and laugh maniacally. It's not that the rollback wouldn't work, it's a CD key issue.)

Yeah, people should totally expect to have flawed games because they choose to use the most popular digital copy shopping software in the World.
(People should expect to have updates installed automatically, which may potentially be flawed. People were raging about this when Skyrim did it and they're raging about it now, but to me it's just you being lazy and having a service install stuff without your consent.)

You gotta be welcome to such analogies when you claim people are blowing this out of proportion. The scale of problems is relative to the individual. The point is, it's a real nuisance to some people and they have every right to make their voice heard, so you have no right to go insult them. Just because the company just decided to milk a mod and is creating a new game doesn't mean they can treat their loyal community like garbage, is what many of us feel. If it doesn't annoy as much, good for you, hush and sit tight waiting for the patch I guess. Everyone's happy.
(You have the right to complain, yes. And I have the right to inform you I consider your reaction overblown and unnecessary. I try not to insult people, that one "idiotic" slipped under the radar. But FIY, I HAVE the right to insult you. If you consider making mistakes "treating someone like garbage"...yeah, I can't get the word "entitled" out of my head. Sorry.)

Yeferz said:
Wading in to a forum where people are posting legitimate complaints and calling them all entitled whiners in such a smug, obnoxious way is quite rude. You're right there is no agreement which says Taleworlds must help the modding community, but the community is also well within its rights to complain, especially given how essential mods are to Mount and Blade's success. You're completely over-reacting to some reasonable issues which have been raised.

Legitimacy of the complaints is debatable. I admitted some were fair, pointed out that many were just butthurt whining based on nothing objective whatsoever.
How am I smug? Obnoxious? Well, maybe. I admitted to being unpleasant on purpose.

I have to laugh now. I am overreacting? Me? Right. There's nothing reasonable about throwing ****s around and being pissed as all hell because of this.

@Barabas:

but that doesn't mean we have to be silent and patiently wait till whenever.

How exactly does ****ing TW in a subforum help solve this problem?

We're waiting to play our game, release an update and hold an event. And everytime we think we are nearly there someone comes around the corner with an update that ruins our plans yet again. I've patiently waited for two weeks and I'm getting fed up.

Oh man, I SO want to post the "First world problem" meme. But I won't, as that wouldn't be mature and worthy of this debate.

I would be more accepting (?) if it was just a regular Taleworlds patch. Now it feels like some modder broke the mods of all other people.

Where's that modder solidarity gone, I wonder? Ah. Of course, he's a moneygrubbing sellout, so **** him. Right?

I'm a bit surprised how you guys just keep repeating these statements about broken mods, like it's a fact. It's not. Stop it.

Working on your next title is not an excuse to let someone else play with your game.

Yeah, it is. It's called outsourcing. Or outside maintenance.

I know **** happens from time to time, but that doesn't mean it's ok.

I'm NOT saying it's "ok", I keep repeating it's unfortunate. But it wasn't done intentionally, they're working on fixing the problem. ALL I'm saying is - you guys are being unfair, way too angry and worked up.

How exactly does ****ing TW in a subforum help solve this problem?
Does it need to help? There is nothing I can do, but does that mean I am not allowed to show my opinion?

I'm a bit surprised how you guys just keep repeating these statements about broken mods, like it's a fact. It's not. Stop it.
Ok, they're not broken, they're just 'temporarily out of service' if that makes you feel any better.

Where's that modder solidarity gone, I wonder? Ah. Of course, he's a moneygrubbing sellout, so **** him. Right?
I couldn't care less about him making money. I do care about him patching the main game breaking features and his replies to complaints make it look like he doesn't give a ****. Also, don't get us started on modder solidarity with this guy... I'm sure the old development team can tell you plenty nice stories about that.

Yeah, it is. It's called outsourcing. Or outside maintenance.
It's pretty obvious that this was not 'maintenance', but just Vincenzo modifying the game to suit his needs and hopefully do some good to the community while he's at it. The point is that it was not needed that badly to justify making such a mess. Also, even if you do outsource, it's still your product and your responsibility. So let's say it's very 'unfortunate' Taleworlds choose this company for their outsourcing and should have chosen another one, done it themselves or not patch the game at all.

ALL I'm saying is - you guys are being unfair, way too angry and worked up.
How is it unfair to complain when things are going wrong?

I'm sorry, but for me it's like you're saying: "Too bad someone killed your dog, stop whining and buy a new one." Talking about it doesn't bring him back to life.

Merlkir said:
Yeferz said:

Legitimacy of the complaints is debatable. I admitted some were fair, pointed out that many were just butthurt whining based on nothing objective whatsoever.
How am I smug? Obnoxious? Well, maybe. I admitted to being unpleasant on purpose.

I have to laugh now. I am overreacting? Me? Right. There's nothing reasonable about throwing ****s around and being pissed as all hell because of this.
Acting like steam users had it coming to them is smug. Presumptuously calling other people entitled is smug. Calling others sad for complaining is obnoxious, as is your general lack of politeness. Your assumption that you are being objective and reasonable while the complaints were based on 'nothing objective whatsoever' is smug. True, some people were maybe being a little harsh on Vincenzo, but that does not warrant your massive attack on their complaints, which as I've already said, are perfectly legitimate. I think if you were a bit more polite in your arguments this would never have been such an issue.

But the Steam users HAD it coming. How is that not true?

And you guys ARE acting entitled as hell. How am I smug for pointing out the obvious?

I've been called impolite before and knew I was just that. Hey, I'm not calling you names, I'm not calling you a waste of space or whatever.

I'm simply saying that in my eyes you guys are overreacting over nothing. Expecting a brilliantly working fix immediately just because you're being denied your favourite service for a few weeks.

Does it need to help? There is nothing I can do, but does that mean I am not allowed to show my opinion?

Of course you are. Do you think the devs assume we're enjoying ourselves? Just asking. I'd assume an action has a desired outcome, I was wondering what you expected to happen if you complain. We agree it most likely won't speed up the patching process. So, what was it then? Confirming you're not alone who thinks so? Maybe a relase of some of that tension and frustration?

his replies to complaints make it look like he doesn't give a ****.

Mhm. He probably doesn't.

So let's say it's very 'unfortunate' Taleworlds choose this company for their outsourcing and should have chosen another one, done it themselves or not patch the game at all.

Yep, couldn't agree more.

How is it unfair to complain when things are going wrong?

If Taleworlds said "Ah, screw you, nobody plays Warband anymore. Just deal with it, assholes. Play Napoleonic Warfare.", I'd say it was justified.
In the current situation, I think it's just demoralizing for both parties and not useful or helpful at all.

"Too bad someone killed your dog, stop whining and buy a new one." Talking about it doesn't bring him back to life.

Again with the morbid analogies! Jeez! Yeah, sure, if you could roll back to a younger version of your dog and resurrect it, yeah..kind of.

Merlkir said:
You are all being way too dramatic. The mod is not broken. Warband is not broken. You can roll back the patches. If you're that unfortunate Steam user, well, tough ****. It's your issue for using Steam.

Well that's a very selfish view on things, isn't it? If Taleworlds chooses to have their game sold on Steam it is not the users fault that there's problems with it. Taleworlds customers trusted their judgement in the platform they chose to sell their game. Have a little empathy.  :roll:

Who does the patch benefit the most? It's sure as **** not any of the other hard working mod teams or end users is it? It's implementing features into the game that aren't even given to normal warband users... If there was a vote by everyone owning warband if they wanted this patch to happen it sure as **** would not have been a "yes".

Not to mention the NW dev teams stance has been "oops, we didn't test it properly Taleworlds should have sucks to be you it's not our problem"...  :oops: :oops:

None of the mod teams this has greatly effected get paid for their time and effort and they're bending over backwards to fix the problems this patch has brought forward. VikingR was also in the middle of running a marketing event for their mod, which this patch totally pissed all over. Do you know how annoying it is to organise things like that? -- Would you not be a little annoyed?  :roll:

A marketing event? Wait what. Are they trying to make money from Vikingr?

I have addressed your other comments before.

Merlkir said:
A marketing event? Wait what. Are they trying to make money from Vikingr?

I have addressed your other comments before.

To fall back on pedantism as the entirety of your retort is the sign of a lost argument.  :roll:

Marketing implies advertising, the drawing in of customers for your product or service. In the case of VikingR the currency in question was the users time not a tangible cash exchange as you seemed to smugly imply.

And you have certainly not addressed how you're flagrantly insulting an enormous amount of people for using Steam -- A digital distribution platform which Taleworlds chose to release their game on. Because those same Steam users, through no fault of their own, are effected by this.

The ironic self entitlement here is you telling people to stop being "whiny *****es"...

I don't insult anyone. I'm simply stating facts. Jeez, why don't you rather prove that I'm wrong, instead of telling me I lost the debate?

Steam users are subscribed to a service which installs automatic updates. Updates for Warband (and in general) can take a few patches to get right.

Which of those statements isn't true?

Would you please, for the sake of my blood pressure, stop telling me I'm smug, because of EVERYTHING I say?

OK, I take that back.

contentedly confident of one's ability, superiority, or correctness; complacent.

Yes, I am quite confident of the fact I'm right and correct in my observations.

I do however not have this expression on my face:

smug_1898757c.jpg

I LIKE Vikingr. I did not smugly imply they're trying to cash in on the mod. AND EVEN IF THEY DID, I'D BE OK WITH IT! Unlike some other people, I have no problem with mods becoming DLC.

Jeez.

Merlkir said:
I don't insult anyone.
Merlkir said:
If you're that unfortunate Steam user, well, tough ****. It's your issue for using Steam.

Since you seem to be looking up definitions to words as you're unsure of what they mean, why don't you pop the word "insult" into dictionary.com -- Once you've done that, you can come back to me on your contention that you haven't been "insulting" anyone.  :roll:

I find it amusing that he genuinely can't understand why people think he has an annoying, condescending attitude... You're right and the master of logical thinking bro, everybody else here is a sentimental fool for being upset.

to treat or speak to insolently or with contemptuous rudeness;

(I am sorry about being unsure what words mean. I have an idea, but one can't be sure if English isn't his native language.)

I don't feel contempt. What exactly is "insolence"?

contemptuously rude or impertinent behavior or speech.

Oh. Wow. Yay for circular definitions.

I simply don't think I'm being rude.
I was, according to you, so rude to criticize people for complaining about the same things over and over and being quite...no, not rude. Certainly not rude. Less tasteful with their language? Also for being unreasonable.

Apparently, pointing out stuff like that is rude.

HarkonHakoon said:
I find it amusing that he genuinely can't understand why people think he has an annoying, condescending attitude... You're right and the master of logical thinking bro, everybody else here is a sentimental fool for being upset.

Well, yes. Unfortunately the internet is full of people who will flock to any sign of conflict and start attacking the reasonable one for digging at the other guy.

That's why we're talking about "my attitude" instead of what the thread is about. My attitude is just fine. I won't just admit I lost the debate by being smug, just because two or three of you tell me to.

And I'm not your bro.

It is time to close that thread now, I had hoped the title I gave it would be clear enough to show how absurd the discussion was from the beginning, telling me that I personally am wrong because I complaing about my mod being broken. Instead of acknowledging the strain and problems that we have to face with the patches you chose to go ad hominem at each single person criticising the patch and even the anonymous mass of steam users at once.

So it seems to me you don't care about the discussion topic at all but just don't want to be proven wrong here, and reading through the thread shows it quite well.

If you want some food for thought you could read through any of the following posts here to get an impression how many other people there are who are negatively affected by the patches too. You are free to go and personally attack any of them:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225650.msg5452736.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,224400.msg5383743.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225286.msg5419408.html#msg5419408
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,203566.msg5420829.html#msg5420829
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151194.msg5435948.html#msg5435948
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225286.msg5414730.html#msg5414730

I recalled you being a reasonable person from former threads, but if you tell me that our problems are "rather insignificant" without being able to hold any arguments and resorting to personal attacks you will not make friends here. You can continue this via PMs to me if you want, but this thread will be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom