Module System Requests

Users who are viewing this thread

ealabor said:
I'd like quite simply for new releases of the module system to be listed with what exactly has been changed.

It's really starting to get frustrating with trying to stay current. Would be alot easier if we knew what module files have been changed.

And for the files which have been changed, perhaps within them there can be #'d out comments such as " # updated v 1.125 here", and someone would tell us what it is, so we could just search string to those sections of code which have been edited, and simply copy/paste the entries into our modded files.

I want to ellaborate on this because its an essential idea, so specifically:

What I propose is that there be a more detailed release of module system updates, and specifically using something akin to this idea in which basically an updated module system release scenario would look something like this :

The module system for version 1.128 has been released!

The following files have seen changes from 1.127:

module_scripts
module_triggers
module_items

That would save tremendously on time for modders with heavy modification invested in many files.

What would make it absolutely perfect would be to add a term to search for in the files, so we could search string to what exactly has been changed.

so for example:
===========================================================
  #script_count_casualties_and_adjust_morale:
  # INPUT: none
  # OUTPUT: none
  # Updated for 1.128 <-------
  ("count_casualties_and_adjust_morale",
  [           
    (call_script, "script_calculate_main_party_shares"),
    (assign, ":num_player_party_shares", reg0),

(assign, ":eek:ur_loss_score", 0),
    (party_get_num_companion_stacks, ":num_stacks","p_player_casualties"),
    (try_for_range, ":i_stack", 0, ":num_stacks"),
      (party_stack_get_troop_id, ":stack_troop", "p_player_casualties", ":i_stack"),
      (party_stack_get_size, ":stack_size", "p_player_casualties", ":i_stack"),
==============================================================

So then we could go into the specific files and search for "1.128" or whatever, and go directly to what's been changed, and see for ourselves without having to guess, or try and compile an unofficial list of whats changed.

We modders do what we can to try and sustain the updates, such as flagging our own edited code for searches, but when we've invested into heavy conversion, and have several changes scattered over many files, it becomes laborious when trying to find what's changed, and carrying over our changes to the updated version.

And it's especially a waste of time if in the end, only one line in a single section of code was changed, and unknowingly in the process we have had to go through every file and carry over modded code.

You can do that yourself, get a diff-like utility compare older version with the newest one.

I would like a itp value called itp_on_horse_only, that will only allow the weapon to be used by players or AI when on horseback (and forces the AI to switch weapons when not mounted).  Lances need this value pretty desperately.

ir wud be good if by shooting the knee caps of a soldier u cud trip them up, or if u put out a sword or a lance when a horse was going past, it wud also get tripped up :razz: I know, its impossible... but hey!

Saromin said:
ir wud be good if by shooting the knee caps of a soldier u cud trip them up, or if u put out a sword or a lance when a horse was going past, it wud also get tripped up :razz: I know, its impossible... but hey!
I don't think the module system covers those kind of things. That sounds more like a gameplay suggestion.

I'd like to see a Colour index added to items with a fabric element to them, and then be able to change that by creating dyes ingame.
For example
Itm_colour_idx=#FFFFFF (hexcode for white)
and then you create red dye
the code changes the item in your inventory to
Itm_colour_idx=#FF0000

That's basically what the tableau material system does - fetch a color that is stored in a slot, and then paints it on a mesh.

Code:
       (troop_get_slot, ":background_color", "trp_banner_background_color_array", ":background_slot"),
       (cur_tableau_set_background_color, ":background_color"),

(init_position, pos1),
       (cur_tableau_add_mesh_with_vertex_color, "mesh_heraldic_armor_bg", pos1, 200, 100, ":background_color"),

-agent_set_division : can be called from within mission_templates. This would allow for the coding of a more diversified battle AI, separating AI-controlled armies into more units.

-An agent class/division preset for Horse archers (grc_) to allow for coding distinct AI for horse archers, while using the morders, etc and not getting horse archers mixed with non-missile cavalry.

I desperately need a flag for scene props that will disable autosynchronization of its animation with server. Imagine animating like 50 of them in the same way with a new keyframe every second. Normally the engine will send 8 four-bytes numbers ( I guess) to each client which is around additional 1.5kB/s per player (which need to be received in one game frame for precise animation). But we can synchronize only one scene prop and the client can animate the rest of them by knowing the animation data of the first one. That will be just 32 bytes per player - huge optimization. It will also prevent from situations where a part of scene props have different animation timings due to server delay.
By the way, I'm not so sure about that but in previous versions disabling 'sokf_moveable' flag done exactly same thing I described above but for some reasons it doesn't work anymore.

We need an "on_scene_prop_start_timer" trigger.

As the system stands it will only trigger for "on_scene_prop_use" instantly, or after the timer completes if it is a timed scene prop.

I have a musical instrument I want players to be able to play and earn money for it after the timer completes a cycle. As far as I can tell there is no way to trigger a sound effect, or anything else, at the beginning of a timer cycle.

My two pennies for the moment.

ti_on_game_load/start

Basically a trigger that triggers every time a new game is created or an existing save-game loaded. (never "rearmed", but will trigger next time a game is loaded/started)

This will be useful for graceful upgrading of versioned mod data in existing save-games.

E.g. every time a game is started or loaded, a mod's update script could do a thorough run through all affected game data and update/delete/replace changed structures in older versions of the mod.

xenoargh said:
You don't need the beginning.  Just have it cycle every second and use a counter.

Too messy. Think of the way lockpicking works on Morrowind - the bar raises, and while it raises you hear lock-fiddling sounds. That is what I want, and as far as I can tell, it isn't possible right now.

Request:
have the troops upgrade cost be based on the troop it is upgrading too, and not based on the troop is upgrading from (which i think is how it currently works)

like how khergit horsemen become level 14 horse archers or level 23 lancers, but for the same price.

i know this kinda sounds like a suggestion but.... yeah >_>

Still looking for the ability to modify the damage bonus for headshots, foot hits etc.  Now also looking for the ability to modify the amount of bonus applied to skills such as power throw, power strike, power draw.

Custom outfit your troops, and custom troops for Rebel kingdom, Rebel Kingdom Color changer, The ability to create tournaments in your own towns (given certain criteria)

Custom troops (Only available when you are a King/Queen though a your captial's Chief of guard or Marshall or something) = You get 4 slots, Infantry, Missile, Cavalry and Cavalry Missile, You'd be able to select a up to 4 weapons and or shields, sets of armour (cloth, padded, fur, light leather, heavy leather, light mail, heavy mail, Mail and Plate, Plate), helmets  and horses up to the a total cost depending on which tier of troop I.E 1000 for Tier 1 but like 12000 for tier 5 troops.

Custom outfit Troops = if you're a Sarranid, but you hire Khergits for example, and they just look wrong with the rest of your troops but work perfectly in combat, then my idea is as follows;
You may replace each item in the troop's inventory (one troop inventory per troop type even if there is 1 or 100 in each group it still is only one inventory) with a cheaper or equally priced piece of equipment, there could also be some sort of heraldic thing, where you can give heraldic armour (new not super hard-ass heraldic armour such as padded cloth with your COA or brynie with a COA colors on it etc.)

Kingdom color changer, basically, it'd be a Photoshop/gimp/pain style RGB colour thing with a selection spectrum. that changes the colour of your character's name and title, and also changes the colour of your kingdom.

The ability to add a crown mesh to the top of any helmet without creating an entire new model and retexturing by making a script that adds this line'(is_king_crown_helm, *itemid*)' or something similar to the item, giving it a crown on top of the helmet (obviously not all headgear would support it and the mesh might be different for each gender.

Back
Top Bottom