Module and Resources
Source Code
mercury19 also built a version using WRECK (might not be up-to-date):
https://github.com/mercury19/Project-Overhaul
Ramaraunt made an extended version with more content, also using WRECK:
Module and Resources
Source Code

What is this?
An attempt to make the code in the Module System easier to read and understand, fix half-finished features that were cut from the final version of the game, and remove everything that is obsolete, completely beyond repair or does nothing to improve the game. It is intended as a base for new mods, so that you don't have to fix all the issues again and again.

What is this not?
I do not want to add completely new features, or change how the game looks or plays (that would be up to modders who use this). The game should still keep the vanilla experience. Some of the half-finished features required a bit of fleshing out so they look complete and serve a purpose; I tried to keep those additions small, self-contained and easily disabled. Usually, they consist of a single example you can copy and change to serve your needs, and are only found in one of the new locations (see below) that can be disabled in module_parties if desired.

Why though?
If you've worked with the Module System for a while, you probably had a hard time finding the scripts, menus, etc you were looking for, stumbled across whole blocks that were outcommented, others that were marked obsolete or deprecated, and sometimes wondered whether some part of the code served any purpose at all since you never saw anything like it in the game.
Also, some of the hidden features are good ideas that would be fun to play with - were they not half-finished and broken.

But... The Module System is great! Few other games are as moddable as M&B!
True. I do not want to diss TW and their work. Many of the things I "fixed" were done that way for good reasons (like maintaining savegame compatibility after patches) that left them little other choice. But since this is for starting brand new mods, we have more freedom to change things, and should use that.

Can I help?
Sure. Most importantly, I'm looking for someone who knows the Multiplayer Scripts (I never touched that, as I don't play M&B online) or Presentations (Never felt the need to change them) well enough to clean up the code in those sections.
But if you have other ideas, bugreports or suggestions, I'm also open for that as long as it fits the spirit of the project.

So, what did you change?

Major features:
- Used Lav's improved Module System as a base (with the commented header_operations)
- Sorted Scripts, Game Menus, Dialogs Items, etc, and added labels to quickly jump to relevant sections
- Included some of my own scripts (a better RNG, and Warband ARray Processing) with the idea of using it to simplify the old code
- Some menu tweaks to make testing, editing and debugging easier
- Fixed Musket Animations and Arquebus (thx to LLew)
- Fixed Crouching Animations (thx to dunde)
- The Undead (thx to Keedo and theAthenian)
- Many tweaks to how Outlaws work
- Tournaments are completely rewritten (clearer code, improved betting, choose equipment)
- Merchandise is now completely determined by scripts, and truly location-specific
- Some "quality of life" changes for interacting with Lords, Guards, etc
- Added four previously hidden locations to show off new features (Zendar, Four Ways Inn, Dhorak Keep, Salt Mine)
- Tweaks to Troops, Upgrades and Weapons (and some bugfixes, like name collisions)
- Many new items from previously unused meshes (if they are of decent quality)
- Faces and clothing of Town Walkers, Villagers and NPCs improved (most faces are by nemchenk)
- New Battle Morale System (now, you really have to think about morale; performance is also better)
- New maps and options for Custom Battles
- Supply and Logistics system (so you only have to worry about food if you are behind enemy lines)
- Sea Travel, to quickly and safely get around the map; would also be useful for maps with major islands

Detailed Changelog:

Alpha 0.1:
- Moved Triggers to Simple Triggers whenever possible (easier to read and quicker to execute)
- Added a way to skip much of character generation when in Edit Mode (for quicker testing)
- Sorted new items (like Plate Boots and Steppe Chargers) to their proper place, to remove special cases in scripts
- Added a few new constants previously hidden in scripts, and removed obsolete constants and slots
- You can now see your party's coordinates in the Cheat Menu, and place a marker to measure distances on the world map
- Added another page of formerly unused banners (and the 7th Kingdom Banner) - the textures were already present
- Bandit type in the intro (and merchant) now depends on location culture
- Regular bandits now also have a lair and spawn near the center of the map (Woods near Ehlerdah...)
- All bandits now have two possible spawn points, to spread them out a little
- You can sell captured bandits and deserters of your own faction to any Prison Guard
- Volunteers can now be recruited from Towns and Castles, if the respective slots are set
- More items are now faction-specific and can only be bought in the appropriate places
- Most Mid- and High-Level Troops can now be upgraded to an Elite version by giving them a specific item
-> You need to talk to them while having the right item; may require some trial and error.
-> For example, most Mid-Level Ranged Troops can be given an Arquebus.
- Activated Zendar, haven for Manhunters and Mercenaries
-> Has a pawn shop where you can get some quick money, and buy back items stolen from you
-> The fight_promoter is in the tavern, and sets up fist fights for fun and profit
-> Allows you to quickly hire many mercenaries
- Activated Four Ways Inn, hideout for, erm, less saintly characters
-> Weapon Smugglers bring wondrous items from faraway lands (Firearms, Repeating Crossbows, Strange Set, Black Armor)
-> You can hire Outlaws in the seedy tavern
- Activated the Salt Mine, meeting point for Slavers
-> Provides another character who buys any prisoners at fixed price, on the opposite end of the map from Ramun
-> Allows you to trade Food and Tools for Salt (should not change much, Salt is cheap in this region anyway).
- Activated Dhorak Keep, former stronghold of robber barons, now base of the Sword Sisters
- Changed some Upgrade Trees
-> Manhunters have their own upgrades, instead of becoming Slavers
-> Huntresses can now specialize on Bow or Crossbow, instead of staying a mix of both
-> Outlaws upgrade to Mercenaries, instead of faction-specific troops
-> Added a few more Mercenary Troops (Archer, Horse Archer and Longbowman)
- Slightly changed how some weapons are used
-> Long Hafted Knobbed/Spiked Mace can now switch to Two-Handed (like Long Axes), so you can swing it on horseback
-> Longbows and War Bows can't be used on horseback (too long; they had clipping issues beforehand anyway)
-> Cleaned up some confusion with the two versions of Spiked and Winged Mace. The high-end versions are now only used by the best troops.
-> Some item names were used twice (e.g. Voulge and Great Axe). Now, they are separated.
-> Added a variant for Heraldic Armor and Shields that uses the faction banner instead of the lord's banner.
-> New items were added, based on previously unused meshes (mostly Swords and Maces)

Alpha 0.2:
- Startup Quest should work again
- New Tournament System
-> Code is completely rewritten to be more readable and changeable
-> uses WARP instead of the previous hack scripts for sorting and shuffling
-> Your (and your compaions') initial equipment now tries to match what you currently use
-> You can always pick among the sets available in this town
-> Betting system is now mostly based on level and renown of all participants, and uses an actual betting pool
- -> That way, large bets have diminishing returns; they will also tip off local townsfolk for following rounds
- -> All in all, the betting system feels less predictable and should be less exploitable
- -> slot_town_player_odds and the scripts maintaining it are now obsolete and have been removed (was a kludge anyway)
- Fixed bug in warp_array_copy
- Fixed syntax error in "payment for rest" trigger (thanks to mercury19 for spotting it)

Alpha 0.3:
- More characteristic look for troops, merchants, town walkers, etc (thx to nemchenk)
- New battle morale system
-> Each troop projects a "field" with a strength of Level/R^2 (negative for enemies); if the local value drops low enough, troops run
-> The trigger is now checked 10 times per second, but only for one agent in 50 (instead of all 3 seconds for everyone) to mitigate stuttering
-> Now also active in Custom Battles
- Renamed and added a few eastern helmets

Alpha 0.4:
- Tweaks and bugfixes to the morale system
-> Battles are now won once all opponents are routed
- Added a simplified morale system as alternative (borrowing some ideas from jacobhinds)
-> Scales much better for large battles, by focusing on the global situation
-> Replace "common_battle_morale_check" with "simple_battle_morale_check" to activate it
-> Since neither system relies on internal state, you can even use both at once
- New system for merchandise in towns
-> Half of the items are based on town culture, half on the owner's troop tree
-> Item quality is influenced by town prosperity
-> Everything is now done in customizable scripts; no more hardcoded functions
- More Custom Battles
-> Repaired three Battle maps and three (and a half) Sieges
-> You can now start Custom Battles from the opposite side as well
- More bandits and deserters will spawn at higher difficulties (+50% on normal, +100% on hard)
- You can now interact with Slaver parties
-> You can hire them at the same rate as mercenaries, but only the whole party at once
-> You can free their prisoners by buying them (or attacking the Slavers, if you don't want to pay)

Alpha 0.5:
- More tweaks and bugfixes to the morale system
-> The code that gives cavalry twice as much impact on morale now works properly and does not generate errors
- Tweaks to the Merchandise system
- New horses from old, unused meshes (Plate Charger), different combinations of skins (Heavy Warhorse) and a reskin (Charger with Black Coat of Plates)
- Long Military Scythe that can be used like a Lance when mounted or like a Glaive when dismounted
- You can now offer Mercenary Contracts to any Lord at war, if you have a bit of renown and are neutral
- Joining a battle to save a Peasant party increases relations with its village
- Peasants in Village raids and Peasant parties now have distinct looks depending on culture

Alpha 0.6:
- New Logistics System
-> You can ask Goods Merchants and Village Elders of your faction to supply your party with food
-> As long as there is no (non-besieged) enemy Town/Castle in the way, you will no longer use up any food your supplier has in stock
-> Instead, you will pay what it costs there, plus some markup depending on distance and your party's best Inventory Management skill
- Sea Travel
-> You can add ports on the world map and connect them to towns (all towns near the sea have one).
-> This opens up a port menu in the town, where you can charter a ship and crew.
-> You can then sail to another port, or go ashore somewhere else
-> The crew will cost you 100 denars a day until you dismiss them

Beta 1.0:
- Culture system simplified/removed. Town walkers, guards and merchandise were always determined by slot_center_original_faction anyway. Troop types are now set directly and can be copied using "script_faction_copy_troop_types" if you want two factions to be very similar. Removes a completely unnecessary level of indirection from scripts and frees up a few slots.
- Many improvements to the use of spears (thx to hoboistice)
-> Most spears/pikes can only stab, making the AI much better at using them, but have an additional overhead stab (useful from the second line)
-> Pikes can be braced against a charge by crouching, dealing massive damage to cavalry
-> Stabs are now about 25% quicker, making them a more viable attack
-> The AI will now be much more likely to pick polearms if it has them (this is a module.ini option)
-> Some additional options added to module.ini
- You can now change your supply base from the camp menu (and check if the supplies can reach you at the moment)
- Traitors will now always start with at least +10 relations with their new liege, to prevent quarrelsome lords from being constantly indicted
- You can ask one of your companions to handle "junk" loot for you. They will either collect and sell it at the next town, or use it to upgrade your troops
-> This gives preference to the highest level troops whose upgrades actually use the items in question, so defeating a bunch of Swadian Infantry would help you a lot with upgrading your Swadian Footmen, but very little with Khergit Skirmishers.
- You can tell your companions whether you want them to join tournaments. By default only the nobles (plus Rolf and Nizar) will do so.
- You can sell all your prisoners at once when talking to a Prison Guard, Ransom Broker or Slaver
- The participants in practice fights should now only gang up on you if you act cowardly (suspiciously few kills). They will be more tolerant on lower combat AI settings.
- Routing troops (on the field) are now counted the same as routed (left the field) after the battle, to keep you from fighting the same troops again and again. You can still chase down the "Routed Enemies" party if you like, though...

Beta 1.1:
- Tactics skill now allows you to prepare some quick orders for battle (not in the full glorious detail of PBOD, but rather as time saver)
-> Without the skill, you will by default charge when attacking and hold when defending
-> The first level gives you the ability to order all troops to follow you
-> The second level allows you to counterattack (when attacked) or lure the enemy in (when attacking)
-> Starting from the third level, you can give separate orders to unit classes (first the default classes, then one custom per level)
-> After that, you can prepare multiple battle plans to choose from (up to six plans at a skill level of 10+4)
-> Complex battle plans need to be prepared when camping (doing this on the fly in full detail would be ridiculous IMHO)
-> If you want to disable this (e.g. to use PBOD instead), remove the common_battle_player_order from module_mission_templates.py (and delete/disable the new menus).
- Some minor bugfixes

Beta 1.2:
- Rolled back the module.ini change that (probably) caused crashes on some systems/versions
- Added many secondary weapon modes (based on the OSP by Somebody, but a bit more polished)
-> Hammers, Picks and Axes with backspikes can be flipped around to get a different damage type
-> Shortened Spears and some light weapons can be thrown (once)
-> The AI is aware of this and will use the blunt side of weapons if ordered to
- Heavy Fighting Axes are now a distinct weapon that is One-/Two-Handed (with increased damage when used 2h)
- Town Merchants will repair your equipment and heal your horses for a small fee

Possible Further Changes
(none planned at the moment)

Known issues:
(none at the moment)

Already done:
Completely redo everything with tournaments
Pro:
- The code is a complete mess, and very hard to customize (even simple things like allowing the player to pick their equipment requires dozens of changes; expect weird and hard to track bugs if you miss one)
Con:
- A rework would probably change a few of the dynamics involved; it might also be beyond the scope of this project.

Deprecate all instances of troop_add_merchandise_with_faction
Pro:
- This function is hardcoded and does not allow for customization
- It makes any variations in equipment choice beyond faction and item type all but impossible (e.g. items with different tech levels)
- This goes double for completely new systems; one I tried is generating the equipment for sale based on what the troops stationed in the city use. Looks very realistic, but reduces variety a bit.
Con:
- It uses less system resources than replacing it with a script (they just can't compete with compiled C code)
- The new version might result in a different distribution of items and modifiers

Remove cultures from module_factions
Pro:
- There is a pretty low hardcoded limit for factions in the game, and relations between each pair of factions must be saved.
- There are no Parties, Centers or Units that belong to a culture; they always belong to a kingdom.
- If you absolutely need to have one kingdom use another's culture, you can set its slot_faction_culture to the kingdom instead
- Similar for Centers belonging to one kingdom, but having another's culture
Con:
- Culture is a sensible abstraction, and makes it clearer when you are talking about the people, instead of their state
- 128 factions are still probably more than anyone should use, and I've already made room by deleting unused ones

Unlikely to happen:
Replace the faction specific reinforcement party templates with scripts
Pro:
- Replacing troops or adding factions would not require editing the party templates any more
- The templates do already follow pretty coherent rules and would be easily replaced with minimal changes
Con:
- The templates are (arguably) easier to customize and balance

Autolykos said:
Warband Module System Overhaul

Where can I get it?
Currently, I've put it on my Dropbox:
Module and Resources
Source Code

What is this?
An attempt to make the code in the Module System easier to read and understand, fix half-finished features that were cut from the final version of the game, and remove everything that is obsolete, completely beyond repair or does nothing to improve the game. It is intended as a base for new mods, so that you don't have to fix all the issues again and again.

What is this not?
I do not want to add completely new features, or change how the game looks or plays (that would be up to modders who use this). The game should still keep the vanilla experience. Some of the half-finished features required a bit of fleshing out so they look complete and serve a purpose; I tried to keep those additions small, self-contained and easily disabled. Usually, they consist of a single example you can copy and change to serve your needs, and are only found in one of the new locations (see below) that can be disabled in module_parties if desired.

Why though?
If you've worked with the Module System for a while, you probably had a hard time finding the scripts, menus, etc you were looking for, stumbled across whole blocks that were outcommented, others that were marked obsolete or deprecated, and sometimes wondered whether some part of the code served any purpose at all since you never saw anything like it in the game.
Also, some of the hidden features are good ideas that would be fun to play with - were they not half-finished and broken.

But... The Module System is great! Few other games are as moddable as M&B!
True. I do not want to diss TW and their work. Many of the things I "fixed" were done that way for good reasons (like maintaining savegame compatibility after patches) that left them little other choice. But since this is for starting brand new mods, we have more freedom to change things, and should use that.

Can I help?
Sure. Most importantly, I'm looking for someone who knows the Multiplayer Scripts (I never touched that, as I don't play M&B online) or Presentations (Never felt the need to change them) well enough to clean up the code in those sections.
But if you have other ideas, bugreports or suggestions, I'm also open for that as long as it fits the spirit of the project.

So, what did you change?
Off the top of my head (possibly incomplete):

Modding Related:
- Used Lav's improved Module System as a base (with the commented header_operations)
- Sorted Scripts, Game Menus and Dialogs, and added labels to quickly jump to relevant sections
- Moved Triggers to Simple Triggers whenever possible (easier to read and quicker to execute)
- Added a way to skip much of character generation when in Edit Mode (for quicker testing)
- Sorted new items (like Plate Boots and Steppe Chargers) to their proper place, to remove special cases in scripts
- Added a few new constants previously hidden in scripts, and removed obsolete constants and slots
- Included some of my own scripts (a better RNG, and Warband ARray Processing) with the idea of using it to simplify the old code

Features:
- Fixed Musket Animations and Arquebus (thx to LLew)
- Fixed Crouching Animations (thx to dunde)
- The Undead (thx to Keedo and theAthenian)
- Added another page of formerly unused banners (and the 7th Kingdom Banner) - the textures were already present
- Bandit type in the intro (and merchant) now depends on location culture
- Regular bandits now also have a lair and spawn near the center of the map (Woods near Ehlerdah...)
- All bandits now have two possible spawn points, to spread them out a little
- You can sell captured bandits and deserters of your own faction to any Prison Guard
- Volunteers can now be recruited from Towns and Castles, if the respective slots are set
-> for now, they are set for Towns, to the faction's Tier-2 Troop
- More items are now faction-specific and can only be bought in the appropriate places
- Most Mid- and High-Level Troops can now be upgraded to an Elite version by giving them a specific item
-> You need to talk to them while having the right item; may require some trial and error.
-> For example, most Mid-Level Ranged Troops can be given an Arquebus.
- Activated Zendar, haven for Manhunters and Mercenaries
-> Has a pawn shop where you can get some quick money, and buy back items stolen from you
-> The fight_promoter is in the tavern, and sets up fist fights for fun and profit
-> Allows you to quickly hire many mercenaries
- Activated Four Ways Inn, hideout for, erm, less saintly characters
-> Weapon Smugglers bring wondrous items from faraway lands (Firearms, Repeating Crossbows, Strange Set, Black Armor)
-> You can hire Outlaws in the seedy tavern
- Activated the Salt Mine, meeting point for Slavers
-> Provides another character who buys any prisoners at fixed price, on the opposite end of the map from Ramun
-> Allows you to trade Food and Tools for Salt (should not change much, Salt is cheap in this region anyway).
- Activated Dhorak Keep, former stronghold of robber barons, now base of the Sword Sisters
- Changed some Upgrade Trees
-> Manhunters have their own upgrades, instead of becoming Slavers
-> Huntresses can now specialize on Bow or Crossbow, instead of staying a mix of both
-> Outlaws upgrade to Mercenaries, instead of faction-specific troops
-> Added a few more Mercenary Troops (Archer, Horse Archer and Longbowman)
- Slightly changed how some weapons are used
-> Long Hafted Knobbed/Spiked Mace can now switch to Two-Handed (like Long Axes), so you can swing it on horseback
-> Longbows and War Bows can't be used on horseback (too long; they had clipping issues beforehand anyway)
-> Cleaned up some confusion with the two versions of Spiked and Winged Mace. The high-end versions are now only used by the best troops.
-> Some item names were used twice (e.g. Voulge and Great Axe). Now, they are separated.
-> Added a variant for Heraldic Armor and Shields that uses the faction banner instead of the lord's banner.
That would make life easier for me since i spent so far more then 24 hours to organize my module system so i can work properly (and i didn't do much lol)
and i like what you did with the half finished stuff there they are cool stuff really !(and i found about them i think last two weeks when i was simply reading the module_xxx.py files take for example the character creations options that were disabled they were some good choices when i tried them they were good )

Remove cultures from module_factions
Pro:
- There is a pretty low hardcoded limit for factions in the game, and relations between each pair of factions must be saved.
- There are no Parties, Centers or Units that belong to a culture; they always belong to a kingdom.
- If you absolutely need to have one kingdom use another's culture, you can set its slot_faction_culture to the kingdom instead
- Similar for Centers belonging to one kingdom, but having another's culture
Con:
- Culture is a sensible abstraction, and makes it clearer when you are talking about the people, instead of their state
- 128 factions are still probably more than anyone should use, and I've already made room by deleting unused ones
i'm half okay with that and half not sure about that lol (if it can give me good effect on my work for my 74 factions mod then do it XD)

Replace the faction specific reinforcement party templates with scripts
Con:
- The templates are (arguably) easier to customize and balance
as you said

- This goes double for completely new systems; one I tried is generating the equipment for sale based on what the troops stationed in the city use. Looks very realistic, but reduces variety a bit.
i like that the realistic-ish thing there and i don't care about the cons there if i have the above lol

Completely redo everything with tournaments
Pro:
- The code is a complete mess, and very hard to customize (even simple things like allowing the player to pick their equipment requires dozens of changes; expect weird and hard to track bugs if you miss one)
Con:
- A rework would probably change a few of the dynamics involved; it might also be beyond the scope of this project.
i would love to see that rather then trying to add those features(from osps codes and such new guys will find them harder to do  so already done would be great and i don't think it would move away from the purpose since i think the purpose is making things easier to do (modding warband)

as for multiplayer got no idea maybe some guys who have done multiplayer mods before or have knowledge would help you out

PS: would you update this if newer versions of the module system comes out (ones that have something to do with SP not only MP) thanks for your hard work !!

EDIT: Fix Your Links they are broken ...

Very interesting, I'm looking forward to using part of this to replace the utter mess of native spaghetti code for certain features.

Here are a couple of broken features I've come across myself:

1) Battlefield morale is fundamentally broken for a number of reasons, and the script which makes troops less frightened if they're near others is a gigantic stutterfest with two nested agent try loops, and it does nothing except make troops unable to rout in larger battles because their morale has no cap, it just keeps increasing to the billions and trillions. I would suggest rewriting it entirely or using a part of my script: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=320256.0

2) Sieges by starvation are impossible to carry out under most circunstances because there is no way for the player to store enough food for a 40+ day siege. Apparently the AI almost never fully starves out either because the code only has men knocked out rather than killed when the castle runs out of food. I haven't tested this but I've seen quite a few people who have.

3) The customisable banner system seems to more or less functional but simply commented out. I'm not sure hiw much patchwork it requires but I've read through it a few times and it seems solid.

I'll let you know if I spot any more oddities.

Tons of quests defined in module_quests with no code to back it up too.  :wink: Might be too much extra work but that would be a pretty neat addition! Regardless this is very impressive, good job!

I'm really diggin this concept but the download links aren't working for me. I have a moderate understanding of presentations so I can definitely check that out

mercury19 said:
I'm really diggin this concept but the download links aren't working for me. I have a moderate understanding of presentations so I can definitely check that out
delete the
Code:
%22https//
from your links and that should work

Thanks for the feedback; I'm happy to see there's interest.
Download links should be fixed now (the forum seems to do weird things with quotes around URLs).

@Merchandise:
I think I'll make the scripts more customizable and add optional ones to use instead (as it's still a major gameplay change).

@Tournaments:
I'll probably make this the first major part to repair; I think it would be a good real-world test for WARP, too.

@Morale:
Agreed. Forces larger than two or three guys never seem to rout. Haven't looked at the script in detail yet, but will check out your solution.

@Sieges:
Don't know, I always assault as soon as the ladders are done. But it would be really cool to have that system functional.

@Custom Banners:
Looked at them, but to me they seemed fundamentally broken and missing many vital parts that are hard to recreate. It's one of the few sections I declared FUBAR and ripped out completely (the old tutorial is another). Do you know of an OSP or Mod that successfully included them?

@Quests:
If it's just a definition, I'd rather rip them out so they don't confuse anyone. If there is some code behind them and they are mostly functional, I'll try to repair them. Quests tend to cause a lot of overhead in terms of ugly code. They seem to be one of the main reason town/village menus, triggers and dialogs are such a spaghetti code. Exporting stuff to scripts might help a bit, but I'd prefer to do that with the quests that are actually in the game first.

jacobhinds said:
If you choose to use my morale system then wait for me to update it, since the version in the OP is just as broken as native. :razz:
thank you that would be helpful i was waiting for you to do that xp!

imado552 said:
mercury19 said:
delete the
Code:
%22https//

Thanks! I got it downloaded and I'm trying to make it work with WRECK atm. Going fairly smoothly, which is unsurprising since there was a mention of WRECK in the readme :razz:

mercury19 said:
imado552 said:
mercury19 said:
delete the
Code:
%22https//

Thanks! I got it downloaded and I'm trying to make it work with WRECK atm. Going fairly smoothly, which is unsurprising since there was a mention of WRECK in the readme :razz:
no problem
just show it to me when you are done i'll probably use it !

Diplomacy.litdum has working custom banners, not sure if its based on the native code or made from scratch though. For merchandise be sure to enable the item modifiers, I think there is something in the osp codes section about it.

there are a lot of things you can find here and they will be all helpful !
waiting for your finished work(or at least half-finished work)

Good job, WRECK seems to go perfectly with the idea behind this! Will the old compiler still work on a WRECK-compatible Module System?
Since I intend this as a generic base mod, I don't like adding more requirements - that is a decision each modder needs to make for themselves (so I will definitely not add anything requiring WSE).

No, it won't work with the native compiler. I integrated it 100% with WRECK to get full functionality so the old compiler is kaput. I intended this as more of an alternate version than a replacement. Actually I was just going to use it for myself but imado expressed interest so I stuck it in github.

Actually I could stand to make it more generic there are a few things I changed that, while possibly useful, are personal preference (mostly just moving constants and python functions to module_constants and header_XXX files, respectively.) I'll revert those changes to leave it a bit more generic.

But yeah, more of an alternate version than a replacement.

Okay, thanks for the info. Then I'll probably continue to maintain the vanilla version. The new Tournament code is functional, btw (and I found a bug in WARP along the way), but for now it mostly replicates vanilla (Only improvement is that player and party member weapon selection tries to most closely match your current equipment, instead of being random). Will publish once I get time to include proper weapon selection and improved betting odds (I have something mostly based on renown in mind, so you can win big as long as you're still the underdog).

Would appreciate it if you could report when WRECK takes issue with my code; some bugs are subtle and quick to break things...

mercury19 said:
imado552 said:
no problem
just show it to me when you are done i'll probably use it !

Got it all WRECKed, grab it here: https://github.com/mercury19/Project-Overhaul
thanks dude !! and good job ! happy to see all the people working so hard!

by the way i'm using the source code to create my module (i copied some stuff from the old MS to see how it works) and its looking better dude wow thanks!

Autolykos said:
Okay, thanks for the info. Then I'll probably continue to maintain the vanilla version. The new Tournament code is functional, btw (and I found a bug in WARP along the way), but for now it mostly replicates vanilla (Only improvement is that player and party member weapon selection tries to most closely match your current equipment, instead of being random). Will publish once I get time to include proper weapon selection and improved betting odds (I have something mostly based on renown in mind, so you can win big as long as you're still the underdog).

Would appreciate it if you could report when WRECK takes issue with my code; some bugs are subtle and quick to break things...
that's good to hear
as an advice you can use W.R.E.C.K compiler only for finding errors and better compiling speed (no need to anything else you don't even need remove the old compiler if you want since you are fixing bugs that should help you greatly since the compiler spots a lot of errors that the native compiler don't ) hope that helped you and can't wait for you to release it!

Edit: Sorry double reply.

Back
Top Bottom