Module System Download

Users who are viewing this thread

Please ask your questions in the stickied Q&A thread, as this one is no place for them.
But let me answer you: To remodify a mod, you have to have its source, or you can tweak it with the text files, if you so much desire.

Thx.... I'll use this advice and i'm sorry if i ask the wrong question in this thread. kind of new at the forum too.... still learning where to ask and post the right topics..

Konraid said:
I never known before what was Module System , now i know it and it is simply FANTASTIC.

Well, it has many names, but surely fantastic isn't one. What I'm sure is that at least we can call it slow, cluttered and handy.
Like an old friend that smells weird. Talking metaphorically, you've to put it in good shape. :smile:

I disagree with Swyter.
The ModSys is fantastic. Except the times when it isn't; and the times where it screws itself up while you do nothing, unable to undesrtand what the hell is going on.

But other than that, it's awesome.

:razz:

+1 Lumos -1 OCD people :smile:
While you can spend a year in improving the module system, you are better off spending your time making a mod with the imperfect, but sufficiently well done code. It's flexible and you can do wonders with it, once you master it.

MadVader said:
+1 Lumos -1 OCD people :smile:
While you can spend a year in improving the module system, you are better off spending your time making a mod with the imperfect, but sufficiently well done code. It's flexible and you can do wonders with it, once you master it.

Obsessively talking, damn python. I've spent two years and a half making readable code for a single mod.

And to express the level of satisfaction, since I've learnt to do shaders I've preferred to do technical artistry, at least I can stay six hours doing a cool lava shader in realtime instead of a week swamping between 200 lines of tuples doing some random space miners that nobody will notice. I could stare to lava all day, and you'll thank me later. :wink:

I get that - I've seen the perfectionist approach of the TLD team.
There are basically two approaches:
- perfectionist: spend a lot of time working on details, pushing the engine boundaries or rearranging the code to achieve consistency/flexibility/optimization (GetAssista :smile:), in order to satisfy aesthetic urges and eventually wow the crowds
- pragmatist: get things done adequately in the shortest time possible, in order to release

There is no better or worse approach, it depends on what are you trying to do.
I was once a perfectionist, but then I took an arrow to the knee realized that time is limited and you better do the important gameplay stuff first, and worry about fancy details later.

To put it differently, I'd rather do the random space miners and worry about how they affect gameplay. Of course, players won't notice how finely balanced the miners are at first, but will stare at the lava and post how impressive it is. After weeks of playing and staring at lava, however, they will continue or stop playing based on the miners (a metaphor I hijacked for gameplay :smile:).

is there a freaking guide on how to use that module system for a noob? i modded some games years ago so im not a total idiot but this is very new

Is there an archive for the ModSys for WFaS, I grabbed the new one 1143 but not sure if it will work for the earlier releases.
I would like to update my archive as well.
I swore that once we had a thread/post that listed all versions and links to the installers, and the modsys in the MBRepo
I must be dreaming again.....

Lumos said:
Since 1.154 is (AFAIK) just 1.153 but with some NW-cra... stuff added in, I don't think there's going to be any problem with the 1.153 ModSys.

Thanks.

I have decided to press on with my mod, and want to upgrade it to the latest version.  I will go with 1.153 and see what happens.

Is this compatible 1.57, I know this was just asked but I kinda need an answer fast, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom