ModSys Compiling Issue [Swyter's Cartographer in use]

Users who are viewing this thread

Howdy,

I've been reading tons of tutorials and guides on modding and the modsys, along with the various tools available to modders (and have been making great progress through trial and error), but I've run into an issue where when I compile the modsys through the build_module.bat it is not updating my parties.txt which is becoming quite frustrating. Possibly, it is not updating the other files as well, but I haven't made any other changes yet.

To my knowledge, it is pointed at the right directory. Likewise, while I am using Swyter's Cartographer to edit the map it is updating both the map.txt successfully (I have checked the map in game to confirm this) as well as making the right changes to the module_parties.py file in my modsys directory, so I think the issue is with the modsys somehow as it seems to compile without errors, just parties.txt doesn't get updated from module_parties.py

Any ideas on A.) what's happening here, and B.) how to debug this further? All your help is appreciated, thank you in advance!!!

Solution
Thanks for your suggestion! I tried it out and it was still messing up so I investigated the modules folder and discovered that for some reason the modsys is exporting to my warband/modules folder instead of my warband/modules/mod folder.

Not sure if it's a syntax issue as Swyter's Cart. is reading the correct location from the modsys to load the parties.txt, but the modsys itself is exporting to the wrong file. It may be a syntax issue on my part.
EDIT: I think the root of the issue was not closing the path with a slash in modules_info.py! A silly mistake, but hopefully one other peeps will see and learn from.
If you have a backup version of your module_parties.py you should build the module again the way it was before you made your changes (no need to use the old map.txt for this file is not affected by the module system), and see if the error persists - then if it is back to normal you can try making the changes again
I am not sure of what is happening but it should work with your backup version, therefore something must have gone wrong with the changes. In the worst-case scenario, I would advise using Thorgrim's map editor and replacing the coordinates of all the parties you want to move manually into the module system

Upvote 0
Thanks for your suggestion! I tried it out and it was still messing up so I investigated the modules folder and discovered that for some reason the modsys is exporting to my warband/modules folder instead of my warband/modules/mod folder.

Not sure if it's a syntax issue as Swyter's Cart. is reading the correct location from the modsys to load the parties.txt, but the modsys itself is exporting to the wrong file. It may be a syntax issue on my part.

Upvote 0

EDIT: I think the root of the issue was not closing the path with a slash in modules_info.py! A silly mistake, but hopefully one other peeps will see and learn from.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom