Mods

Users who are viewing this thread

Brvllo

Recruit
So, after finishing my first campaign i think i will be starting a new one with the beta branch and as many mod as i can get, since i have seen they address a lot of unfinished content or simply wrong numbers of the original game. With a lot of mod i am afraid to screw up badly, does someone happen to have suggestion / willing to share his mods and mods order with wich he is having the most fun? It would be very well appreciated! Thanks!

My mod list for a 1.3.0. beta playthrough:
Detailed Character Creation
Banner Paste
BearMyBanner
CollisionFix
CommunityPatch
DistinguishedService
EquipBestItem
FightAggressively
FightingTogetherRelationship
HealthRebalance
ImprovedGarrisons
KingdomColor+UniqueClanBanners
Matchmaker
Messengers
PartyAIOverhaulCommands
PartyManager
RealisticBattle
ResponsiveSoldiers
ShieldsBlockOnBack
SturgianArmyRedone
V'sLogistic_XP
V'sNo_companionLimit
V'sNoPlayerPrisonerLimit
VsRoyalArmoury
XorberaxCutThroughEveryone with customised settings

Gonna include Separatism next couple of days.

Banner Paste
BearMyBanner
CollisionFix
CommunityPatch
DistinguishedService
EquipBestItem
FightAggressively
HealthRebalance
ImprovedGarrisons
Matchmaker
Messengers
PartyAIOverhaulCommands
PartyManager
RealisticBattle
ResponsiveSoldiers
ShieldsBlockOnBack
SturgianArmyRedone
V'sLogistic_XP
V'sNo_companionLimit
V'sNoPlayerPrisonerLimit
VsRoyalArmoury

<3 <3, do you find it enhances gameplay by far? wich aspects are still missing with this build in your opinion? anyway thanks a lot this looks like the answer i needed, gonna try and fit all of them.

Banner Paste
BearMyBanner
CollisionFix
CommunityPatch
DistinguishedService
EquipBestItem
FightAggressively
HealthRebalance
ImprovedGarrisons
Matchmaker
Messengers
PartyAIOverhaulCommands
PartyManager
RealisticBattle
ResponsiveSoldiers
ShieldsBlockOnBack
SturgianArmyRedone
V'sLogistic_XP
V'sNo_companionLimit
V'sNoPlayerPrisonerLimit
VsRoyalArmoury

Could you upload your modules folder? Would actually love to play with all these mods once i am home.

Mixing mods with beta branch is risky as it is difficult for modders to keep up with the new content beta presents and the hotfixes that flow quickly on the beta branch.

I would advise doing one or the other. ie. play with mods on main, or play clean on beta. I would guess that mods on main will give the best experience right now as 1.3.1 is a significant step up from 1.2 in terms of playability, whereas the improvements currently on 1.4 are not as large as you could get from a suite of mods running on 1.3.1.

Mods I use currently. I've played through multiple times with minimal mods, but now I use these for convenience.

AutoTrader: Lets me configure what will automatically be bought/sold
CharacterTrainer: Provides Import/Export of all Heroes. Is nice to use to set stats such as tactics or crafting on your companions
FightingTogetherRelationship: Gives you a relationship bonus for fighting with other lords. Configurable
PartyAIOverhaulCommands: MVP mod. Allows you to give commands to your Clan Parties. Highly configurable! Also lets you form an army of just you and your Clan Parties. This mod is clutch.
PreventEscape: Allows you to configure escape options of captured lords. Also includes ransom negotiation.
SmithForever: Yeah, cause I'm not waiting around for stamina
TournamentFairArmour: Customizable tournament armor for each culture. Everyone in the tourny will wear the same armor (similar to Warband/VC)
BannerLordTweaks: Customizable XP rate, tournament XP, food, etc. Also a very good mod. This was the first mod I used

Others:

UnitFixes
WrathofTheNorthmen
DeveloperConsole - Gives you ctrl + ~ dev console (cheat mode)
Separatism: Just added this one. Thanks Brvllo!

Mixing mods with beta branch is risky as it is difficult for modders to keep up with the new content beta presents and the hotfixes that flow quickly on the beta branch.

I would advise doing one or the other. ie. play with mods on main, or play clean on beta. I would guess that mods on main will give the best experience right now as 1.3.1 is a significant step up from 1.2 in terms of playability, whereas the improvements currently on 1.4 are not as large as you could get from a suite of mods running on 1.3.1.
Modders update fairly quickly. If not, /shrug, uninstall and start a new campaign.

It does. Battles finally last a bit longer,

Well, Im 600 days into the modded campaing in 1.3.0. and deliberately decided to skip 1.4 updated just because of how much fun it is. I am playing as Sturgian vassal, finished couple of border wars with Battania and Vlandia, currently fighting Khuzaits and it's fun. It's stable enough. Experienced couple of crashes in battles with 500vs500 (overall battle size 1200vs1800) - the game froze and no crash report was generated. Disabling banners did fix the crash for that battle, though. One has to be prepared for some weird stuff happening - for example every time I want to talk to one of the battlefield nominated companions (Dist. Service does that), it starts with the battle dialogue screen. Need to skip it and try again, then it works. It also means that some of the fixes provided by the DEVS will not be readily available for you, but I am happy to wait for them. In general I would agree with your statement - if you want everything smooth and without any issues - play the main version, not the beta.

Problem with Nexus is you dont know when a mod has been updated -alongside the official patch -when you're using 20+ mod that becomes a problem. Thats why I like Steam because they Auto-update

Problem with Nexus is you dont know when a mod has been updated -alongside the official patch -when you're using 20+ mod that becomes a problem. Thats why I like Steam because they Auto-update

If you use Vortex, updates are tracked. Or do what I do, and just add mods to your tracking centre - you can see when they're updated there, and can sort by last updated. Steam Workshop auto-update is awful, because if say I have a save on 1.2.1 (and I'm saying on this version via the properties>betas) and I'm using mods for 1.2.1, if the mods update to 1.3.0 or later it'd break my save.

If you use Vortex, updates are tracked. Or do what I do, and just add mods to your tracking centre - you can see when they're updated there, and can sort by last updated. Steam Workshop auto-update is awful, because if say I have a save on 1.2.1 (and I'm saying on this version via the properties>betas) and I'm using mods for 1.2.1, if the mods update to 1.3.0 or later it'd break my save.
Good point. I used Steam for Skyrim and it worked well. For Bannerlord I've been using Nexus and I just manually update and or check for updates if something is broken. Typically it takes an hour or so for each new beta branch to get things squared away.

Thanks i didnt know about either of those. Tacking centre is on Nexus?

Thanks i didnt know about either of those. Tacking centre is on Nexus?

Yep! Along the top, when logged in, you can click on the Mods dropdown - under that header there will be a context menu, and tracking centre is one of the links available. By default I don't believe any mods will be tracked, so those you want to keep an eye on will have to be tracked via the mod page itself - it's along the top of the mod, near the endorse button (track).

Back
Top Bottom