Mods advised for a first timer

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello!
I finished Warband yesterday ( Native, conquered everything in 1070 turns after fooling around quite a bit) and i'm raring to go at this again.
I will try helping a claimant this time (and maybe some multiplayer later on).

Only, i feel like i'm ready to try mods now and i can't find a recommendation post about what is best for "beginners".
I would like something not changing the core gameplay but adding quality of life improvements and maybe some more content.

I've heard about a diplomacy mod for example but i didn't find it anywhere (could be because it was talked about in old forums)
Can anybody help me with that? or maybe give me a link about a similar post? i couldn't find any.

Have a good day

edit: found the diplomacy mod lol. Any other recommendation?

Last edited:
There are plenty of mods so you can have a look around there: Moddb
I wouldn't tell which ones are the best because there's a lot of really good ones (and unfortunately a lot of unfinished ones as well), but if you're interested in a specific period in History you will be able to find different options

I've heard about a diplomacy mod for example but i didn't find it anywhere (could be because it was talked about in old forums)
Can anybody help me with that? or maybe give me a link about a similar post? i couldn't find any.

Have a good day

edit: found the diplomacy mod lol. Any other recommendation?
try Dyplomacy litdum, https://www.moddb.com/mods/diplomacy-4litdum, I think i'ts the best mod for beginners (just ignore the female death scream)

thank you for your answers guys :smile:
litdum looks interesting! still, i guess i will not have the choice: I have to check every single mod among the 350+ fitting for native.
Already spent a few hours on that, actually.

If anyone is interested, i can try to list those fitting my criterias

For an enhanced Warband Native experience:

Diplomacy (or any of its many variants) -try some with the Custom Troop Trees feature for a more personalized experience

Historical mods:

1257 AD (Medieval Europe, North Africa, and Near East)

Gekokujo (Feudal Japan)

Fantasy Mods:

The Bones of Ragnvald (Recommended)

Prophesy of Pendor

Misc. Mods (mods which are strange, unique, or have a little bit of everything):

Sayazn (Recommended)

1860's Old America (not the most polished product, but ambitious and very interesting)

Hi everyone!
And thank you Hans 77 :smile:
So here's a list of those i will be testing (or am currently doing so) :

-NativeSP
-BannerPage
-A New dawn
-Diplomacy (alone)
-Native Redux 3.0
-Realistic Mod: Remastered
-Calradia 1050 A.D.: Mercenary Uprising (new version coming soon so i will wait a bit on this one)
-Native New Design
-Native - Enhanced Edition (seems to be some problems about a serial key but there's a workaround in moddb comments)
-Brutal Calradia (seems dead but i really want to try it out)
-Heraldic Armies
-Demigod's Native+
-Native Gold edition
-Calradia at war (seems dead but worth checking out)
-Floris Independant towns
-Diplomacy 4.litdum

Roughly in that order.

Other native based mods are either:
-dead/not updated
-too high end for my PC (especially the graphics mods)
-Not what i want right now (LoTR, Historical, Fantasy, Completely different gameplay etc...)
-Merely variations of above mods but not as good (as the More Women mod which is basically diplomacy 4.2 with women skins everywhere. Still interesting to try but only after the others.)

edit: Also, i will try out the new banners here
Some of those are really pretty.

Last edited:
People still have the audacity to dare to ask a question already asked hundreds of times... I guess it is time to make a bot responding with a template to such queries.
"i can't find a recommendation post about what is best for "beginners" " i said.
Nobody gave me a link.
It's the kind of topic i expect to find on the first page frequently updated with questions and such but it's nowhere i could find.

The only way to search for that seems to be:
-Filter
-Write module or mods or something like that
-Find no clear answer. None of the topics shown answered my simple question, even several pages in.

So your "audacity", you can... well, i don't want this post removed so i will stay polite.
The list i wrote is exactly what i wanted to find and couldn't. I hope it help someone else later on.

TW forum has a notably bad search function (unlike the advanced search option, which in turn is quite time-consuming), so it is better to utilize browse engines like Google or Bing to seek answers to one's question. On average, browsing yields better results when done outside of TW forum.

There is plenty of resources on the matter you specified. Some entries are on TW forum, whereas some are on Steam Community, Reddit, modification sites like ModDB or Nexus or in other places. A quick search performed by me gave me these results:
I did not want to be impolite at all, @HistoireSansFin, but people tend to avoid taking their time to search for what they are looking for. Thus, they expect others to do it instead, at the expense of the others' own time. It is good that you had browsed a bit before you made a thread. At the time I was writing my post, I did not know whether you had done so.

TW forum has a notably bad search function (unlike the advanced search option, which in turn is quite time-consuming), so it is better to utilize browse engines like Google or Bing to seek answers to one's question. On average, browsing yields better results when done outside of TW forum.

There is plenty of resources on the matter you specified. Some entries are on TW forum, whereas some are on Steam Community, Reddit, modification sites like ModDB or Nexus or in other places. A quick search performed by me gave me these results:
I did not want to be impolite at all, @HistoireSansFin, but people tend to avoid taking their time to search for what they are looking for. Thus, they expect others to do it instead, at the expense of the others' own time. It is good that you had browsed a bit before you made a thread. At the time I was writing my post, I did not know whether you had done so.
The problem with most of these lists is they mainly show alternative gameplay (other period of time, countries, other style of games etc...) when i wanted something close to Native feels due to me not being bored with that yet.
Given i wanted a comprehensive list with that criteria, google and other search engines were not very helpful.
Most answers were severely outdated.

I had to search manually through a list of every mods available on moddb (565 singleplayer mods, it was tedious as hell but i got a good idea of what is popular and what was close of what i wanted)

Still, i completely forgot i could also search on the MB subreddit, it could have saved me hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom