Moding diplomacy 1.143

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi folks! I decided to make a changes to diplomacy mod and maybe add something. So this a topic where you can post your ideas about changes and addons.
I will mostly do some module system changes so just to keep it original as much as I can.

This my little side operation because I have some scenes to do so I don't spend my hole time on mod this.

-Moneys will be gained from treasury if your faction will be eliminated
-disable to have chamberlain before owning castle
-Reduce the amount of kingdom assistants
-Sorted a view selections when taking an ownership by minister

---The discretion of the suggestions---

-New game menu to hire staff

----Minor fixes----

Units getting stuck in the staircase in the siege of culmarr castle
Units getting stuck near the entry point of the siege in the maras castle
Units getting stuck out and inside of the walls in the siege of sungetche castle
Units getting stuck inside of the walls and on outside ladder of the siege of nelag castle
Possible bug in siege tower of jeirde castle

Special thanks for bakters of his efforts, and for others from voting and suggesting.

Remember to post if there is more changes you want to see.

Yes, yes, yes!

There are bugs.

1.  If you say no to a popup at any point, you are in trouble.  Let's just assume that you wan all your staff, why confuse people and make them lose saves (I lost two...).
2.  If you lose all you possession, your staff is lost too.  I tried for several weeks and they didn't respawn.  Even if I'm simply thick, it's still not a good idea to expose players to such situation.  I just wanted to renounce my oath in a honorable manner.
3.  Forget about Chamberlain before you own at least a castle.  You don't need him before that.  All he does is he freezes your cash for as long as your village is in "Looted" state (which in practice means forever...).!  Besides, every new player has a problem with finding him.  He resides close to the village elder, where you never go, because you have an option in village menu to meet the elder.

Bad design.  Please fix it.
4.  Why do we even need three guys?  Two should be more than enough, or probably even just one. 

Those are some simple fixes, but of course it should be possible to improve the whole experience even further.  If you got the skills?  Man, this game still has unrealized potential!

BTW - can you make a Steam release?  Is it even possible?  From what Newell said in some interview he definitely would like to make it happen that a modder could pretty much independently release his work through steam.  Even if not, please consider working on an installer which *automatically* pulls 1.143 from Taleworlds and installs it in a slot. 

Click and go! That would be beautiful.

You can re-hire your staff by talking to your spouse, but if you don't have one you're screwed.

Agreed about the Chamberlain.  The list times I played on Diplo I would take him, immediately go talk to him to reduce the tax level, and dismiss him until I got a castle.

Your a somewhat new modder. Do you think you think you can make these changes?

Diplomacy is a pretty heavy-duty bit of code.

Thuro said:
Your a somewhat new modder. Do you think you think you can make these changes?

Diplomacy is a pretty heavy-duty bit of code.

You haven't seen me scripting in public so you think I'm totally newbie, which is true and thats why I'm making this: to improve my skills in coding and do something good for people who plays M&B :smile:.

Greetings.

I'm not judging. Just asking :grin:

Your probably better than I am. My skills are hella rusty.

If you are still thinking about it, I would suggest some simple fixes first.  There is a definite need for a decent singleplayer product.  And I would suggest some unappologetinc  and obvious name, so we could point newbies to it.  Something like "Native done right", "Native improved", "Native sleek", whatever. 

Diplomacy does not sound like a mod I would want to play, for example.  I don't care for diplomacy in this game much, so I had to really trust people on this forum when they suggested it.  So name matters.

And there is a need for a mod with just improvements in gameplay.  No deep changes, simple fixes only, or maybe complex fixes too if they prove their mettle, but fixes only.  No deep changes.  People want it.

We often do not, and you talk mostly to us, but we are not the main playerbase.

Thane Delphi said:
I'm not judging. Just asking :grin:

Your probably better than I am. My skills are hella rusty.

I don't know any, how good you are so I can't say nothing :smile:.

Filou said:
You can re-hire your staff by talking to your spouse, but if you don't have one you're screwed.

Agreed about the Chamberlain.  The list times I played on Diplo I would take him, immediately go talk to him to reduce the tax level, and dismiss him until I got a castle.

I could make a game menu for this, but I want to know your opinions about it first.

bakters said:
If you are still thinking about it, I would suggest some simple fixes first.  There is a definite need for a decent singleplayer product.  And I would suggest some unappologetinc  and obvious name, so we could point newbies to it.  Something like "Native done right", "Native improved", "Native sleek", whatever. 

Diplomacy does not sound like a mod I would want to play, for example.  I don't care for diplomacy in this game much, so I had to really trust people on this forum when they suggested it.  So name matters.

And there is a need for a mod with just improvements in gameplay.  No deep changes, simple fixes only, or maybe complex fixes too if they prove their mettle, but fixes only.  No deep changes.  People want it.

We often do not, and you talk mostly to us, but we are not the main playerbase.

I don't want to make this anything big before I have done some progress, but thank you for your support and I hope you will keep posting your great ideas :smile:.

Greetings.

No prob.  Here's another one.  When you are a king and you go to your minister and want to take ownership of a fief, you have only one choice present.  Why not a list?  Let's say that I want one particular castle for myself, because of its strategic position.  Or one village only which suits my roleplaying.  Currently I can't do that.  And it works properly when you assign a fief to your vassals, so it shouldn't be very difficult to fix it.

Another.  If you get knocked out in "Defenders sally out to meet you." stage of a siege you can't win even if your troops prevail.  It's simply a bug.

Another.  People do whole new castles, whole countries and whole maps, but why oh why nobody ever fixed Native maps so your troops don't get stuck?  I'm not a modder myself, so maybe that's why I don't understand it, but I do not. 

Well, that's enough.  While I'm not a modder, I use Linux for long enough to understand that "Code talks, talk walks!".  Talk is cheap, coding takes effort.  I got no code for you, so whatever I say means nothing.

bakters said:
No prob.  Here's another one.  When you are a king and you go to your minister and want to take ownership of a fief, you have only one choice present.  Why not a list?  Let's say that I want one particular castle for myself, because of its strategic position.  Or one village only which suits my roleplaying.  Currently I can't do that.  And it works properly when you assign a fief to your vassals, so it shouldn't be very difficult to fix it.

Another.  If you get knocked out in "Defenders sally out to meet you." stage of a siege you can't win even if your troops prevail.  It's simply a bug.

Another.  People do whole new castles, whole countries and whole maps, but why oh why nobody ever fixed Native maps so your troops don't get stuck?  I'm not a modder myself, so maybe that's why I don't understand it, but I do not. 

Well, that's enough.  While I'm not a modder, I use Linux for long enough to understand that "Code talks, talk walks!".  Talk is cheap, coding takes effort.  I got no code for you, so whatever I say means nothing.

Ofcourse you are helping me out :smile:. And as you have noticed you are nearly the only one who is active to post your ideas here. (can you send me some kind of image where is pointed the places you get stuck ?.):smile:

Greetings.

I didn't play this game since I said I'll hunt for stucky maps hence no screenshots, but I remember what I promised.  I'll do it.

So let's see if it works.  I created an album on g+ and added two pictures.  As far as I understand, anybody can view them by using the link below.
https://plus.google.com/photos/106615454709905400007/albums/5956828697859650801

Also I'll post both pictures here, add some description and we'll see if it's enough info for you.

maras-castle.png

It's Maras Castle.  Some guys get stuck just at the spawn point.  I pretty much just turned around and made the screenshot.  This time it's just a few guys, but it gets worse at times.

culmarr-castle.png

It's Culmarr Castle.  I'm facing the siege tower and as we can see, some troops get stuck on the stairs.  Only the group to the left is truly stuck.  The group to the right is fine and is actually fighting, but it's a minority of my army, which obviously is a problem.

Have a look at it and give me some feedback.  Do you need more info, more pictures, different kind,whatever you feel like I should know.

Just a few comments in case you wanted some feedback.

Knight of calradia said:
-Moneys will be gained if you lose your lands
  Why?  I don't understand the purpose of this change.

-If you get knocked over when enemy rushes to defend the castle, you will get full health To carry on the siege.
  Why again?  The bug I reported was that even if your party wins but you get knocked out, you lose the battle.  There is no way of getting out of the battle map other than "Retreat".  You can win only if you stay alive, which is simply inconsistent with every other battle in this game, so it seems like a bug to me.

I don't think you should regain any health.  If it's impossible to fix it in any other way, I'd rather prefer to leave it as it is right now. 

----Minor fixes----

Units getting stuck in the staircase in the siege of the culmarr castle
Units getting stuck near the starting point in the siege of the maras castle
  Minor?  Overall stuckiness is a major headache of this game.  If you can fix it, you are a godsend!

Back
Top Bottom