Moding armor weapon Tiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Have anyone figured out how to mod armor and weapon tiers like it were in MBW Floris mod, where armors and weapons had different qualitys , like hardened, lordly, balanced sharpened. Seems like there is by default Some kind of weapon tiers you can craft, fine,masterwork or Legendary. But how can it be represented on armors and custom added weapons.

It's a question for Warband or for Bannerlord? Due to the mentioned mods I assume for Warband. I assume you are using the Module System, not sure how it is getting done otherwise. At the Module System you have modifier declarations at the top of the file which give a range of different modifiers per constant, which can then get added to an item at the end of the tuple field, so it has these specific modifiers in-game. You can also add them one by one to have only specific ones.

For having a different mesh for a different modifier, out of the Modding Guide, Chapter 5.8.6 (you can find the guide in my signature):

Using Modifiers for Item Variants
Beside their effects on stats and costs modifiers enable you to have a variety of different skins for a item by adding multiple meshes to the respective tuple fields, referencing a modifier bit out of the ones at tuple field 8. Add it as follows at tuple field 3:
Python:
[ "item" , "Item" , [ ( "mesh" , 0 ) , ( "mesh_a" , imodbit_plain ) , ( "mesh_b" , imodbit_cracked ), ( "mesh_c" , imodbit_rusty ) ] ,...],
Now every time the item is pulled randomly, and is imodbit_plain, it shows up with the mesh_a mesh, every time it randomly appears in a merchants inventory as „cracked“ it is the mesh_b mesh. You get the idea. You can also assign directly a specific item modifier via an operation. At this place it is recommended to look into (a documented version) of header_operations.py and look up all available operations at which the imodbit can play a role via the keyword item_modifier.
Why does this come in handy? Well, you can edit an armour or a weapon mesh just slightly to reflect its condition, then associate it this way so it really looks like tagged with that condition. For example you can make a mesh reflecting a ragged leather that actually looks ragged or a rusty sword with rust on it. This mixes up a bit the visuals in-game. By adding all the meshes to one item, they (and their values) are all associated with one item entry. So various swords with roughly the same stats can all be called in the class of ’longsword’ or ’shortsword’ or ’bastard sword’ but allow different visuals.

Upvote 0
I thought about bannerlord, Sorry didnt know this was united place come from bannerlord forum via shortcut. As i have played and somewhat moded warband i know how to expand thouse simple features like you made example. But as bannerlord is new and my modding skills are not good enough havent figured out how to make tiers for Bannerlord items.
And thanks for replying..

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom