SP - Battles & Sieges Modify how simulated battles are processed

Users who are viewing this thread

Whenever I decide to simulate a battle (usually against looters or other low level bandits), my best troops are consistently the ones that get killed as a result, and it doesn't make much sense to me. It also tends to be my best ranged troops such as Vlandian Sharpshooters or Battanian Fian Champions. This would almost never be the case if I took part in the fight, and I wish that the simulated battles would better reflect what would happen in a battle I chose to fight in. This is one of the reasons I almost never simulate battles, because they almost always have needless losses on my side.

In simulated battles, leaders tactical perks are deciding the outcome. As long as IRL you are a better tactican than your charahter, you wil ltake more losses in simulated battles, unfortunatly.

BTW - I agree! Would like to simulate some more battles myself aswell, without loosnig my best troops :smile:

maybe there there can be options for how you want the battle simulated. like when you click "send troops" it then ask the player if they want their troops to be "defensive", "aggressive", or "to skirmish".

in "defensive" mode archer do more damage in the simulation for both sides.
"aggressive" does that for tier 4+ cavalry's and tier 4+ infantry.
and "skirmish" does that for horse-archers and tiers 2-3 cavalry.

what is good about this is that the player can choose what units are giving and receiving damage, so if bedmonkey94 can save his pernicious archers by setting it to "defensive" so they do more damage. of course this isn't the best system, but it is better than what we got now

Back
Top Bottom