Modify Default Starting Inventory

Users who are viewing this thread

To help with testing custom items I would like to add them to the player inventory on starting a new campaign. At this stage I have spent about 14 hours digging through XML files and poking around in Visual Studio and dnSpy, just looking for clues on how to modify the player's inventory, but to no avail.

My ultimate goal is to have player choices during character creation modify their starting equipment, attributes, skills, and traits. If anyone can help point me in the right direction, please do. I will edit this post and turn it into a "how to" once this is clear.

Solution
Check the npccharacters.xml in SandboxCore. About a quarter of the way down there is a commented heading as follows

<!--STARTING EQUIPMENT SETS BEGIN (Only change the equipment sets, other fields except the id are ignored.-->

This section, I believe, includes all of the "starting equipment sets". There are different ones depending on your background though.
Check the npccharacters.xml in SandboxCore. About a quarter of the way down there is a commented heading as follows

<!--STARTING EQUIPMENT SETS BEGIN (Only change the equipment sets, other fields except the id are ignored.-->

This section, I believe, includes all of the "starting equipment sets". There are different ones depending on your background though.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom