Modifiers (Rusty/Cracked/Splintered etc.) make no difference to specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

After one of the updates I suddenly started seeing qualifiers on weapons. But comparing them to the same weapon that's NOT Rusty, etc., shows the same specs. I hope to see some difference eventually.

But here are two issues - in Smithing, there is no separate callout for "impaired" weapons. I don't want to smelt something of Fine Steel and discover it was the real McCoy, instead of the Splintered one also in inventory, just before an update finally gets impairment right. So, impairment modifiers need to be carried to the Smith.

Second, would I/could I actually use something like a Cracked Recurved Bow? I'm afraid a cracked bow is a ruined one in real life and ought to be useless in Bannerlord too. Would I equip Splintered Arrows? NO! I would expect them to fly into flinders and not hurt an Old Farm Horse. So a more intelligent set of modifiers should be concocted - not just imported from Mount&Blade, which had the issue too - and obviously disqualifying names shouldn't be attached to weapons.

It doesn't seems to be implemented fully or it's bugged. Some items with modifiers have their stats adjusted accordingly, some of them don't. As far as I can tell modifiers work on armor and dress, but not on weapons.

I did notice shattered arrows being the same as non shattered arrows, except for the price. Why would anyone bother to pick up arrows that were shattered? It's not like you could actually use them.

The negative modifiers are all about the value of the item. Players were getting "too much" money from loot, so now most loot has a negative modifier so it is worth less gold.

You do get some items from looters with positive modifiers. Some of them are kind of funny, like Fine Ragged Armwraps. I've seen Tailored Torn Robes too. If your robe is torn after coming from the tailor, perhaps you should ask for a refund!

:rolleyes:

It doesn't seems to be implemented fully or it's bugged. Some items with modifiers have their stats adjusted accordingly, some of them don't. As far as I can tell modifiers work on armor and dress, but not on weapons.

It does not seem to be implemented fully from my observation.
My companion is using a cracked northern round shield with hitpoints of 170. A normal one has a hitpoints of 310 in the market. I didn't bother to buy the normal one for him since there is no difference in the stats, and a real battle only lasts a few seconds and it is unlikely that someone will break his shield.

It does not seem to be implemented fully from my observation.
My companion is using a cracked northern round shield with hitpoints of 170. A normal one has a hitpoints of 310 in the market. I didn't bother to buy the normal one for him since there is no difference in the stats, and a real battle only lasts a few seconds and it is unlikely that someone will break his shield.

Yes but that's different issue. AI does not receive the same shield damage as player does and that makes AI shields seems more durable. However AI shields WILL break. It just takes more time then when the same shield is used by the player. I saw AI shields break in some forest bandit hideout raids where I have used my men as a bait, putting them in the shield wall in front of the enemy archers while I was picking them off with my bow from behind.

I did notice shattered arrows being the same as non shattered arrows, except for the price. Why would anyone bother to pick up arrows that were shattered? It's not like you could actually use them.

The negative modifiers are all about the value of the item. Players were getting "too much" money from loot, so now most loot has a negative modifier so it is worth less gold.

You do get some items from looters with positive modifiers. Some of them are kind of funny, like Fine Ragged Armwraps. I've seen Tailored Torn Robes too. If your robe is torn after coming from the tailor, perhaps you should ask for a refund!

:rolleyes:
I agree with the humorous juxtapositions. I have, on two occasions, picked up "Noble Makeshift Kite Shields"!

I would just like Taleworlds to put someone (to whom English is a first language) to work on a discriminator subroutine for appropriate modifiers for the equipment type.

I really don't see the point with this system. It just makes my inventory and smelting list longer. I can't recall getting a drop that was better than what the stores sell, så this just seem to make bad drops potetially worse. Maybe if they would add a prestine version of items too.

Back
Top Bottom