MP Modified Combat Parameters

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm still not sure how Bannerlord's combat is meant to be appealing to casuals. I didn't get into Warband MP until last year and I'm not good enough that I've ever intentionally chambered or seen people abusing janky animations but when attacks and blocks are delayed, backpedaling is too slow so I'm constantly strafing in circles in melee, kicking is useless, shields are way too durable, melee damage seems random, I get 2 hit by thrown weapons, archers have god aim, and I'm constantly getting knocked over by horses grazing me I'm not having a great time.
This message sums up so very much about the current experience. I only ever play cav to avoid some of it.

In first person mode, face hugging is spoiling the melee combat for me, 2 handed weapon users are doing this egregious tactic of hugging your face and then stepping off camera so you can't see what attack they'll use.

There should be a collision that stops people from getting within 1 arm's length of you, at the moment is seems like they can come nose to nose with you and crowd your vision.

In first person mode, face hugging is spoiling the melee combat for me, 2 handed weapon users are doing this egregious tactic of hugging your face and then stepping off camera so you can't see what attack they'll use.

There should be a collision that stops people from getting within 1 arm's length of you, at the moment is seems like they can come nose to nose with you and crowd your vision.

Tweaking the character bubbles would have a lot of unwanted consequences, I think they're fine at the moment. Playing in first person will just never be viable in multiplayer since it puts you at an incredible disadvantage versus third person camera users. Unless custom servers that enforce first person become a thing in the future, you'll just have to give up on it in order to have a fair experience online.

Looking back at this, it's both sad and funny that this mod pretty much fixed the hit&run playstyle in melee that still plagues the game and can be abused by the faster classes.

Tweaking the character bubbles would have a lot of unwanted consequences, I think they're fine at the moment. Playing in first person will just never be viable in multiplayer since it puts you at an incredible disadvantage versus third person camera users. Unless custom servers that enforce first person become a thing in the future, you'll just have to give up on it in order to have a fair experience online.

Looking back at this, it's both sad and funny that this mod pretty much fixed the hit&run playstyle in melee that still plagues the game and can be abused by the faster classes.
I doubt 2-handed sword swing spin dancers would be viable in first-person only.

In anycase even in single player, people can get just too close, at that distance it's time for Brazlian jiu jitsu

I've also noticed, It's faster to run around someone then it is do spin on the spot. Which makes no sense.
Spinning on the spot will always be faster then running around.

When you swing a two handed weapon, you shouldn't be able to run, you should be forced in walk mode for a period of time.

I mean, come on, at least TW could acknowledge the existence of this thread. A simple "we're considering it", "we have looked at your thread", or even "sorry we're not considering adding these parameters" would be better instead of this absolute radio silence.

I mean, come on, at least TW could acknowledge the existence of this thread. A simple "we're considering it", "we have looked at your thread", or even "sorry we're not considering adding these parameters" would be better instead of this absolute radio silence.

This would be probably the best decision Taleworlds has taken in a while regarding communication.

As much as I'd appreciate even the slightest form of communication from the devs, if they just refused to consider these changes without offering a reasonable explanation I'd personally get a bit frustrated, so I don't even want to imagine how @Gab feels about this after putting so much work into something that is just blatantly being ignored by the devs (which I'm certain know about the existence of this thread) despite the tweaks being praised as a noticeable improvement over the vanilla version.

As much as I'd appreciate even the slightest form of communication from the devs, if they just refused to consider these changes without offering a reasonable explanation I'd personally get a bit frustrated, so I don't even want to imagine how @Gab feels about this after putting so much work into something that is just blatantly being ignored by the devs (which I'm certain know about the existence of this thread) despite the tweaks being praised as a noticeable improvement over the vanilla version.
This, very much THIS...

Back
Top Bottom