MP Modified Combat Parameters

Users who are viewing this thread

As much as I'd appreciate even the slightest form of communication from the devs, if they just refused to consider these changes without offering a reasonable explanation I'd personally get a bit frustrated, so I don't even want to imagine how @Gab feels about this after putting so much work into something that is just blatantly being ignored by the devs (which I'm certain know about the existence of this thread) despite the tweaks being praised as a noticeable improvement over the vanilla version.
Maybe they're working on a rework based on this. One can only dream.

I have captured a video of a duel with these edited parameters, between two very competent melee players (Silen vs Gibby), but have in mind that neither of the players had full health, recording didn't start from the beggining of their duel, and Gibby also carried over couple of wounds from their previous duel.
Also, i apologize for the shaky camera, as i wanted only to be very close, but could not follow up their movement well enough, hopefully it is long enough to give a feel of what combat, speed and responsiveness looks like using these parameters to those who haven't tried them yet.

wow that looks like the best of both worlds combat. Like actually improved warband combat (y)(y) (y)

wow that looks like the best of both worlds combat. Like actually improved warband combat (y)(y) (y)

i think that's what people need to understand with these parameter changes. they don't turn bannerlord into warband, they find a balance between the two. i haven't seen anybody try these changes and say that they prefer the combat in the base game of bannerlord, everyone that has tested it has said they think it's more responsive and feels more precise/cleaner to play. it's just a shame TW neglected these changes and an even greater shame that they shut down MisterOutOfTime's ability to host private servers for us to test these parameters on.

i think that's what people need to understand with these parameter changes. they don't turn bannerlord into warband, they find a balance between the two. i haven't seen anybody try these changes and say that they prefer the combat in the base game of bannerlord, everyone that has tested it has said they think it's more responsive and feels more precise/cleaner to play. it's just a shame TW neglected these changes and an even greater shame that they shut down MisterOutOfTime's ability to host private servers for us to test these parameters on.
they generally hold back alot of content for whatever reason, if you ever browsed through the files

they generally hold back alot of content for whatever reason, if you ever browsed through the files
It could simply be that they are not finished yet.
I remember in Beta there was a mod that gave us the side perks just a couple of days before they were released in the official patch.

Anyway, I am also unhappy with the multiplayer.
We have been told that password protected servers were just on the horizon in December.

In February M_Arda said that it took longer than expected.
It is now April and we didn't get anything.
And it is not like we don't need them any more. The Multiplayer is basically still in Beta and didn't improve since March.
One or two password server would give us the chance to have duels or clan matches.

After putting so much time into the Beta, Multiplayer EA is making me sad.

As far as I know some new combat parameters were added in those parameter files so it isn't compatible anymore, maybe @Gab can update this for the current version if he has time and it can be tested in Singleplayer.

As far as I know some new combat parameters were added in those parameter files so it isn't compatible anymore, maybe @Gab can update this for the current version if he has time and it can be tested in Singleplayer.

From my past experience when I tested them in the beta, bots aren't all that useful to try them out

Am I the only one who remembers feint spam only being a thing in duel? In tdm you get punished to hard. In battles you will get destroyed with fancy feints. Duel was the only place where you needed those feints and even there a good players never going to die to euro feint

Am I the only one who remembers feint spam only being a thing in duel? In tdm you get punished to hard. In battles you will get destroyed with fancy feints. Duel was the only place where you needed those feints and even there a good players never going to die to euro feint

To most players, any semblance of jokingly spinning or angle manipulation by any good player is "feintspamming". Pretty much just normally feinting, but looking down while doing so qualifies for many of the complaints about it.

A little funny... but I hope that some changes to this proposal will be reviewed and tested again (I doubt it was ignored without any curiosity and interest from the developers).

To most players, any semblance of jokingly spinning or angle manipulation by any good player is "feintspamming". Pretty much just normally feinting, but looking down while doing so qualifies for many of the complaints about it.
Yeah the bar for what’s “CRAZY WACKO ARCADE NONSENSE” is pretty low at the moment. Gotta wonder how many hours the players who make these claims have in mp ?

Yeah the bar for what’s “CRAZY WACKO ARCADE NONSENSE” is pretty low at the moment. Gotta wonder how many hours the players who make these claims have in mp ?
673032638663098371.png

Back
Top Bottom