Modelling, texturing and importing tutorial - which sword would you like to see?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jabarkis

Recruit
Hello everyone,

I'm planning on writing (over as long as a few months!) a tutorial on modelling, texturing and importing a weapon into Warband (for use in single-player and multiplayer). There are already several fine tutorials on this topic, and I propose to do nothing more than consolidate their teachings so that if someone thinks "I'd like to see that weapon in Warband" they need come to only one place.
The tutorial will require no prior knowledge of the tools or of modding, and will cover:

1. The tools - which will be freely available, wherever possible,
2. Modelling
3. Texturing/UVs
4. Importing the finished weapon into Warband

It will be a work in progress which will hopefully incorporate, over time, the advice and knowledge of people more skillful than myself.

At the outset, I thought I would ask members of the community if they had a preference for a sword they would like to see implemented in Warband, and which they would like to learn how to implement for themselves.

Please post a reference picture or link, and we will try to reach a consensus :wink: ! Note, however, that anything too complex won't necessarily be suitable for a tutorial.

So, is there a sword you would particularly like?

Back
Top Bottom