WB 3D Art Model broken when merge static obj into vertex animation

Users who are viewing this thread

I have modelled a hungarian sabre, and i have created the three frames for scabbard of this sabre, but when i merge these frames, the frame number 2 model has been broken, like this:
file.3.PNG


Models: https://mega.nz/#!70YkjKQL!_ZiQ-Md5oGqbPxPgYD3Kp4i5MGS6QObjA_5Zv4rqZys

Can anyone help me?
 
Solution
There are two options how to put together the frames. The first one is by marking them all and right click and merge as frames which is the variant which you applied. It can sometimes break the frame for some reason. The alternative way is to click one of the frames, copy it, click on the mesh on which you want it to be added as frame and click 'Edit' and 'Paste Frame'. That worked in my case when I have had recently the same problem as you.

Maroon

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&SNW
In your download, frame2 has more vertices than the other 2 frames. All frames need to have exactly the same amount of faces, vertices, and points in order to be able to merge them into a vertex animation.
 
Upvote 0

Maroon

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&SNW
Take another look at the vertex count after importing into OpenBRF. It seems something messes up the vertex/position count while exporting from your 3D software and importing the result in OpenBRF. Check the settings of your 3D software on what it does while exporting (triangulation, etc). Aside from triangulation, it shouldn't be doing much else.
In OpenBRF you can also see what happens while importing a model. I think (doing this from memory as I'm not at a PC with OpenBRF atm) that you can find that setting in the "Settings" in the top bar, then by going to "on import mesh" or something similar. Make sure this is set to "Do nothing".
 
Upvote 0
Take another look at the vertex count after importing into OpenBRF. It seems something messes up the vertex/position count while exporting from your 3D software and importing the result in OpenBRF. Check the settings of your 3D software on what it does while exporting (triangulation, etc). Aside from triangulation, it shouldn't be doing much else.
In OpenBRF you can also see what happens while importing a model. I think (doing this from memory as I'm not at a PC with OpenBRF atm) that you can find that setting in the "Settings" in the top bar, then by going to "on import mesh" or something similar. Make sure this is set to "Do nothing".
Yeah, I tried many times, but failed.

Here is the model file:
 
Upvote 0

Maroon

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&SNW
I'd suggest going through the process a little differently by creating the second mesh (the one with just the scabbard) in OpenBRF itself.
  1. Export the original mesh like you would normally.
  2. Import it in OpenBRF.
  3. Create a copy of the mesh (ctrl C, ctrl V).
  4. Right-click the copy, and select the "split mesh into connected submeshes" option. Again, I'm not at a PC with OpenBRF so I can't say how many submeshes you'll get.
  5. Select all the submeshes that make up the hilt of the sword, right click, and select "combine meshes". Delete the smaller submeshes afterwards.
  6. Do the same with the scabbard. Now you should have two submeshes: the hilt and the scabbard.
  7. Right-click the hilt, and select "Roto-translate-rescale". Scale the hilt down to like 2-5%, and move it into the scabbard.
  8. Combine the scabbard and hilt submeshes.
  9. Make a copy of the combined mesh. You should now have the original mesh (with the sword in the scabbard), and two copies of the mesh that look like they just have the scabbard.
  10. Combine the meshes as a vertex animation.
That should fix any import/export issues that could interfere with the vertex animation, as you ensure that you use an identical mesh for all frames.
 
Upvote 0
I'd suggest going through the process a little differently by creating the second mesh (the one with just the scabbard) in OpenBRF itself.
  1. Export the original mesh like you would normally.
  2. Import it in OpenBRF.
  3. Create a copy of the mesh (ctrl C, ctrl V).
  4. Right-click the copy, and select the "split mesh into connected submeshes" option. Again, I'm not at a PC with OpenBRF so I can't say how many submeshes you'll get.
  5. Select all the submeshes that make up the hilt of the sword, right click, and select "combine meshes". Delete the smaller submeshes afterwards.
  6. Do the same with the scabbard. Now you should have two submeshes: the hilt and the scabbard.
  7. Right-click the hilt, and select "Roto-translate-rescale". Scale the hilt down to like 2-5%, and move it into the scabbard.
  8. Combine the scabbard and hilt submeshes.
  9. Make a copy of the combined mesh. You should now have the original mesh (with the sword in the scabbard), and two copies of the mesh that look like they just have the scabbard.
  10. Combine the meshes as a vertex animation.
That should fix any import/export issues that could interfere with the vertex animation, as you ensure that you use an identical mesh for all frames.
That is a good idea, and I have tried your solution but still cause problem.

 
Upvote 0

Eärendil Ardamírë

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
There are two options how to put together the frames. The first one is by marking them all and right click and merge as frames which is the variant which you applied. It can sometimes break the frame for some reason. The alternative way is to click one of the frames, copy it, click on the mesh on which you want it to be added as frame and click 'Edit' and 'Paste Frame'. That worked in my case when I have had recently the same problem as you.
 
Upvote 0
Solution
Top Bottom