Modding VC: basic tutorials and Q&A thread

Users who are viewing this thread

lekseus said:
how to lower maximum party sizes via reworking renown and leadership mechanics?

same as Native

Code:
  #script_game_get_party_companion_limit: Version motomataru
  # This script is called from the game engine when the companion limit is needed for a party.
  # INPUT: arg1 = none
  # OUTPUT: reg0 = companion_limit, reg31 = base, reg32= leadership contribution, reg33 = charisma contribution, reg34 = renown contribution
  ("game_get_party_companion_limit", [

check how the script used those values and adapt to your own design/rules

Is there anyway to disbale the waving trees in scenes, or just for some trees, textures? Where can i find all the VC trees becaus i do not find all VC trees in the vc_tree BRF? ok i found all trees. BUT how to stop them from waving, the leaves texture????!!!!!! PLS!
THX!

HooTmAn said:
Is there anyway to disbale the waving trees

its a mix of game code (wind), shadders and graphics (the trees model and texture). Unless you know how to edit all 3, you would be out of luck really.

trees were changed a few times since release (version 1.0), so if you want details you will need to wait for a dev reply on the current system.

the question is why? Are you seeing any scene where they are moving too much?

kalarhan said:
HooTmAn said:
Is there anyway to disbale the waving trees

its a mix of game code (wind), shadders and graphics (the trees model and texture). Unless you know how to edit all 3, you would be out of luck really.

trees were changed a few times since release (version 1.0), so if you want details you will need to wait for a dev reply on the current system.

the question is why? Are you seeing any scene where they are moving too much?
I use the Dark Age (Polished Landscapes) and i have some bushes, grass, trees wich are waving to much they wave so much that other textures are waving into the Mesh. So you can see at the edge of the Mesh an other texture waving in it.
I fixed some stuff and added new textures also changed flora_kind.txt for less trees on battle maps. It still looks very nice and performance is good.  :smile:
There are just some grass and bush Meshes wich have this extrem waving effect.
Actually i like the waving plants, only when they wave just a bit. Most of them are working nice, the waving effect is not that extrem.
I do not know how to change the Mesh to wave less, like the other -most plants, trees- do.

motomataru said:
khanraider said:
Can somebody point me to flag texture\banner - the one which appears when holding F1 during battles?
From the support system: "It seems that the banner mesh used for F1 order is most probably "tutorial_flag_yellow"."

So I can't just retexture it to be more contrast? I dig through yours textures, natives - no luck. But I swear I saw colorful flag in some mod, 1860 Old America I think.

Thing is it's barely seen over some landscapes, especially when you command to move over that hill.

Hi I'm working on the VC Submod Blood Eagle right now, I came across a Unknown Mesh for Grass. This Mesh is not in the VC Resources, the are two wich look the same (grass_bush_a & grass_bush_g01) but they are NOT the mesh for this plant on the pic. When i change them nothing happens.
In native VC this unknown Grass, Mesh looks like this. (Have this only at some scenes)
kJP_R.jpg

It looks like this unkown, not existing in the Resource-"Mesh" just uses the Grass Texture fom the game. Because i modded all plants and they all work at the Resource folder and in game. Only this not existing Mesh wich is also there in the Blood Eagle Mod and looks bugged.
It also looks kind of zoomed in, because the native Plant is very samll at the Texture.

My Qeustions are, how can we change this? Where can we find this Mesh? Is it hard Coded to the scenes? Is there anyway to disable them?
- I can not select this Mesh in the Scenes Editor and i can't find the Mesh in the VC data, resources anywhere.. they all show up right. even when i delete most of the grass, The unknown Mesh is still there.

Edit: I could fix the Texture for the Not existing Mesh! :smile: at the Resource Folder. But would still like to know where to find these Meshes some scenes use.

How do I add a new custom race..?

I got all the new skeleton and mesh and stuff but unfortunately I am not familiar with coding.... any help?

bbbao said:
I am not familiar with coding.... any help?

you can start by reading the quick introduction in the thread, then visit the Forge for general tutorials on modding Warband. Adding a race/skin is a generic question, which means the Forge is the best place to learn about it.

Links and descriptions can be found on the 3 first posts.

If you need specific help with VC coding in the future this a a good place to ask.

I'm curious to know how Viking Conquest is able to get helmets that have your character's hair underneath, without having to resort to workarounds like adding hair meshes to the helmet model itself. Does someone know how this is done, and whether or not it's possible in Native and mods for it?

kalarhan said:
ThegnAnsgar said:
have your character's hair underneath

check the updated flags for header_items.py, which is also included on Native 1.170 modsys

Cool, thanks for the help.

Do you know if there's something else that needs to be done apart from adding itp_covers_hair_partially to the helmet? I'm having issues where the hair still clips through the helmet.

ThegnAnsgar said:
Cool, thanks for the help.

Do you know if there's something else that needs to be done apart from adding itp_covers_hair_partially to the helmet? I'm having issues where the hair still clips through the helmet.

I don't know specifically, but I'd assume there's  a script or mission trigger something that warps or replaces the hair mesh. Try doing search-in-files for that flag, see what comes up.

Yeah I couldn't find anything...dunno.

ThegnAnsgar said:
Do you know if there's something else that needs to be done apart from adding itp_covers_hair_partially to the helmet?

some head gear needs to be scaled with the head to avoid clipping.

Code:
itp_type_head_armor|itp_fit_to_head|itp_covers_hair_partially

and you can always remove the head if the helmet is fully closed (helmet + mask)
Code:
itp_type_head_armor|itp_fit_to_head|itp_covers_head

kalarhan said:
ThegnAnsgar said:
Do you know if there's something else that needs to be done apart from adding itp_covers_hair_partially to the helmet?

some head gear needs to be scaled with the head to avoid clipping.

Code:
itp_type_head_armor|itp_fit_to_head|itp_covers_hair_partially

Even with this I still have clipping. Perhaps I have to edit the mesh?

I also tried the new flag, you need to "play" with the helmet mesh until you give a bit of air for hair and head. It looks quite good, but if you have a ton of helmets to do, it can get quite annoying and boring, to edit every single one.

I added some armor from bytenwalda they look great but the neck is weird http://prnt.sc/e6ol3n i am new to modding :grin:

if you want to add armor from Warband mods then this armor has to scale and align with vanilla VC armor
Viking Conquest uses another body model

Back
Top Bottom