Resolved Scene Editor Modding tools crash on using elevation tool on main_map (1.6.3) or crashes on save.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Mod tools crash when trying to edit terrain on 1.6.3 main map.

Happens every time, if I "save as" the main map to my mod folder I am then able to close the map, load it from my mod folder and open it again and edit it but it will then crash when I save it regardless of if I make any changes to the map.

I have verified both mod tools and also Bannerlord and reinstalled both.

Code from crash report after uploading:
2021-10-24_00.47.56_ce31023e07d7674925101fca263b4495

Last edited:
I can't find the crash id on the system. Something might be gone wrong on the uploading on our side. Can you crash again and send another crash id?
I have this issue too but found out that if you revert to 1.6.0 then the issue is gone so it looks like whatever you lot changed in 1.6.1 is what broke the tools. The issue in question is with the elevation tool crashing the game when in use.

I have this issue too but found out that if you revert to 1.6.0 then the issue is gone so it looks like whatever you lot changed in 1.6.1 is what broke the tools. The issue in question is with the elevation tool crashing the game when in use.
The elevation tool crashes the editor (not the game) when used on Sandbox Main_map - can be used perfectly well in 1.6.5 on other scenes or custom campaign maps. Easy for Q&A team to reproduce - load Sandbox Main_map into the editor then use the rise elevation tool and the editor will soon crash (within 30 seconds).

The elevation tool crashes the editor (not the game) when used on Sandbox Main_map - can be used perfectly well in 1.6.5 on other scenes or custom campaign maps. Easy for Q&A team to reproduce - load Sandbox Main_map into the editor then use the rise elevation tool and the editor will soon crash (within 30 seconds).
The editor is loaded in through the game is it not? Plus it crashes on custom maps too as I tried it out on one of the UK which had the same effect... Havent tried other custom maps but felt the same results would have happened.

this issue is still present in 1.7.1 , i reported this waaay back in 1.6.x something.
The elevation tool crashes the editor as soon as you use it on the map terrain.

Last edited:
can i toss in here my crash report too from two days ago?.i cant load a save after saveattempt got crash 2022-03-15_17.04.24_e91f745ba86d2d53087f8575b341cef1

sorry im freaking out i worked so hard on this map since the start of the covid while having covid this is the thing that kept me sain all this time and gave me hope to not give up and die..if this save is corrupted and ruined i do not know how i will continue....

Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest version of the game?
Do you remember crashing while deleting a layer?
In v1.2.22001 you can edit the terrain (with or without the WorldMap tileset) and delete a layer without crashing. However, while you can save your changes, attempting to reload the scene will either freeze or crash the editor. With Sandbox\Main_map loaded you can select new and get a default scene. Try it with an edited version of Main_map and the editor crashes. So, you can make the changes and save them, but you need to go out of the editor and back in again to reload those changes.
For example I got this message when trying to reload the same customised Main_map:
erNhk.jpg

Despite having 32Gb RAM and 8Gb GRAM.

PS Calradia's texture now shows in the editor while the WorldMap tileset is enabled - previously its terrain was white. Also, the snapping of outermesh edges to the terrain mesh remains disabled in the editor.

Last edited:
This is what i've been informed:
The 8 gb vram is not enough for world map editting, and we can't see much from the callstack/dump since it is a graphics card crash. So you should have more vram to do world map modding without any crashes. We can also see from the ss sent that memory isn't enough.

The first crash might be fixed also cause I can't recreate it and we've done a lot of world map fixes.

Back
Top Bottom