Modding Tools Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

moddingtoolsbeta.png

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

After a short delay, the first batch of modding tools is ready for a beta release! It includes:

Scene Editor Toolset
  • Entity Placement Tools
  • Terrain Import, Export, and Editing Tools
  • Navigation Mesh Tools
  • GI Baking Tools
  • Level System Editing Tool
  • Path Editing Tools
Resource Editors
  • Resource Browser
  • Material Editor
  • Mesh Editor
  • Texture Editor
  • Body Editor
  • Cloth Editor
  • Atmosphere Editor
  • Skeleton Editor
  • Particle Editor
  • Model & Animation Viewer

sceneeditor.png

Currently, you will need to own the game on Steam in order to access the tools. To download them, you should head to your Library page and select TOOLS from the list filter. You can then search for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Modding Kit and proceed to download the tools after accepting the Mod Tools License Agreement. Please note that you will need to have the game installed for the tools to work. Likewise, your game version and tool version need to match in order for the tools to operate.

With tools in hand, you can then head over to http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/ to access the modding documentation. Please be aware that these are living documents and, as such, they will be adjusted and updated over time. With that in mind, if you experience any issues or have any feedback you would like to share in regards to the documentation, you can head on over to the Official Modding Documentation thread. Similarly, you can go to the Official Tools section of our modding forums to provide suggestions and report any problems you run into while using the modding tools. And if forums aren’t really your thing, you can join the Modding Discord to find like-minded users to discuss the tools with.

For those of you that are new to modding, or for those that simply want to get up to speed with our tools, you can check out this recent Developer Workshop livestream where we gave a detailed overview of the scene editor and its many features. We hope to share more content like this in the near future, so make sure to follow our channels to keep up to date with those announcements.

Finally, we just want to say how thrilled we are to be able to share these tools with you all! There are already so many amazing mods out there and others with huge potential that are still in the works, and we are just happy to be involved and to be able to support these kinds of efforts with the release of this first batch of tools. So, on that note, we want to give a huge shoutout and thanks to our amazing modding community, in particular the testing group that helped us to bring these to release, and say that we are truly excited to see what you manage to accomplish with these tools!

Last edited:
Thank you! It was surprising to see it in my library, because I was here in forum just before seeing it, looks like I missed this topic. Downloading it right now and I'm eager to mess with body meshes and clothes :smile:

To be honest I don't have any experience with any modding tool. I started modding with Bannerlord and so far only used Noteped++ and Visual Studio 2019 to create the mods I have.

The documentation site for the tools isn't very useful. Waiting for better guides to be made. This editor is a little...convoluted compared to others.
I just want to know what I need to place to get a basic battle going. Spawns, etc. the editor doesn't tell me and whenever I launch the test thingy it just crashes.

Every time I try and launch the modding kit, it stalls for a second and then crashes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The game launches fine through the stable or beta versions.

Thanks

The documentation site for the tools isn't very useful. Waiting for better guides to be made. This editor is a little...convoluted compared to others.
I just want to know what I need to place to get a basic battle going. Spawns, etc. the editor doesn't tell me and whenever I launch the test thingy it just crashes.
have you find out how it works? i also get a crash everytime im trying to test my scene

Nope can't test it. Can't even figure out what to use for spawns, keep retreat, etc. Documentation won't give me precise info I'm looking for. The livestream video on youtube isn't useful either as it skips around and only shows some things. I got the placements for siege towers, ladders, rams, artillary, etc.

have you find out how it works? i also get a crash everytime im trying to test my scene
They just made some fixes to modding tools noted in the patch notes for e1.5.2. I'm not sure if everyone noticed. It looks like they will help with some of our frustrations.

Hotfix - 07/10/20
  • Fixed a crash when picking up a dropped weapon.

Modding Tool Fixes
  • Crash from the "Start Mission" button is fixed. It opens a mounted agent mission.
  • Added a new tool to create a new module within the modding tools. It will populate the module with empty registered files for ease of modding.
  • Modding tools terrain operations crash fixes.
  • Added new checks and better error reporting for mismatched, not located DLL's from mods, both for the base game and the modding tools.
  • Easier overriding for materials and animation clips added to the right-click menu to the assets in Resource Browser. "Create Override" creates an override for those assets in the selected new module. You do not need to create an empty resource with the same name and change the properties to be same with the overridden resource.

Are the modding tools going to be added eventually to GOG version of the game? If not I'm going to have to refund it and re-buy it on steam which sucks.

Just to be clear, you can't use the modding tools on the beta version right? gonna have to wait for update before messing with it a bit, don't want to stop my campaign by reverting to 1.5.2 :/

Modding tools will not even launch for me. I installed it, matching the versions of the main game. When I launch it, it shows the normal menu where you can select singleplayer or multiplater and play the game. When I select play, nothing happens. Nothing launches. It doesn't even make it to the title screen let alone the main menu where I can press CTRL+E to launched the tools. Anyone else have this problem and found a solution?

Modding tools will not even launch for me. I installed it, matching the versions of the main game. When I launch it, it shows the normal menu where you can select singleplayer or multiplater and play the game. When I select play, nothing happens. Nothing launches. It doesn't even make it to the title screen let alone the main menu where I can press CTRL+E to launched the tools. Anyone else have this problem and found a solution?
tried to validate the files of both the game and modding tools? maybe something got corrupted, also try to completely remove your mods if you have any

Back
Top Bottom