Modding Tools Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

moddingtoolsbeta.png

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

After a short delay, the first batch of modding tools is ready for a beta release! It includes:

Scene Editor Toolset
  • Entity Placement Tools
  • Terrain Import, Export, and Editing Tools
  • Navigation Mesh Tools
  • GI Baking Tools
  • Level System Editing Tool
  • Path Editing Tools
Resource Editors
  • Resource Browser
  • Material Editor
  • Mesh Editor
  • Texture Editor
  • Body Editor
  • Cloth Editor
  • Atmosphere Editor
  • Skeleton Editor
  • Particle Editor
  • Model & Animation Viewer

sceneeditor.png

Currently, you will need to own the game on Steam in order to access the tools. To download them, you should head to your Library page and select TOOLS from the list filter. You can then search for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Modding Kit and proceed to download the tools after accepting the Mod Tools License Agreement. Please note that you will need to have the game installed for the tools to work. Likewise, your game version and tool version need to match in order for the tools to operate.

With tools in hand, you can then head over to http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/ to access the modding documentation. Please be aware that these are living documents and, as such, they will be adjusted and updated over time. With that in mind, if you experience any issues or have any feedback you would like to share in regards to the documentation, you can head on over to the Official Modding Documentation thread. Similarly, you can go to the Official Tools section of our modding forums to provide suggestions and report any problems you run into while using the modding tools. And if forums aren’t really your thing, you can join the Modding Discord to find like-minded users to discuss the tools with.

For those of you that are new to modding, or for those that simply want to get up to speed with our tools, you can check out this recent Developer Workshop livestream where we gave a detailed overview of the scene editor and its many features. We hope to share more content like this in the near future, so make sure to follow our channels to keep up to date with those announcements.

Finally, we just want to say how thrilled we are to be able to share these tools with you all! There are already so many amazing mods out there and others with huge potential that are still in the works, and we are just happy to be involved and to be able to support these kinds of efforts with the release of this first batch of tools. So, on that note, we want to give a huge shoutout and thanks to our amazing modding community, in particular the testing group that helped us to bring these to release, and say that we are truly excited to see what you manage to accomplish with these tools!

Last edited:
@Callum I'm not able to access the editor mode using Left Ctrl + E while in the Main Menu, is there a trick I am missing?
Pressing Ctrl + E did nothing while in the launcher either.

Do modules need to all be unselected in launcher?

Any quick tips to save me some time would be very appreciated

EDIT: Got it working.

I wonder - will mods be released on Nexus or there are other resources for mods too?
This is a great question. I know they support Bannerlord via steam as well as Epic Games store, but I hope we see steam workshop integration. Nexus is fine too, but it is so nice to keep it in one spot (I'm a steam user)

This is a great question. I know they support Bannerlord via steam as well as Epic Games store, but I hope we see steam workshop integration. Nexus is fine too, but it is so nice to keep it in one spot (I'm a steam user)
I agree. Steam workshop integration is a must. It just makes it so much easier. For WB, I only use the mods that are kept updated in the workshop.

Yep, Steam Workshop would've been great. If I remember correctly, Nexus didn't have all the mods for WB - most of them were stored on ModsDB or something like that.

when i open the modding tools... just open the game. i can't open the modding tools... how i can opened? help please

Thank YOU for all involved in these tools.

Now it will take me 3-6 months to get my brain started and learn this.

HOPE the map editor allows loading of B/W "Height Map" details ?

Last edited:
Game and modding tools are in the same version. When I started modding tools launcher pops up, after I started screen goes to black but I can hear the sound of an intro than this message appears. Can anyone help me to figure out how to fix it?

d3d_device_context_->Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!

GPU aygıt örneği askıya alınmış. uygun eylemi belirlemek için GetDeviceRemovedReason komutunu kullanın.

Last Executed Marker: Only supported with nVidia GPUs and Windows 10.

Back
Top Bottom