Modding Tools Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

moddingtoolsbeta.png

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

After a short delay, the first batch of modding tools is ready for a beta release! It includes:

Scene Editor Toolset
  • Entity Placement Tools
  • Terrain Import, Export, and Editing Tools
  • Navigation Mesh Tools
  • GI Baking Tools
  • Level System Editing Tool
  • Path Editing Tools
Resource Editors
  • Resource Browser
  • Material Editor
  • Mesh Editor
  • Texture Editor
  • Body Editor
  • Cloth Editor
  • Atmosphere Editor
  • Skeleton Editor
  • Particle Editor
  • Model & Animation Viewer

sceneeditor.png

Currently, you will need to own the game on Steam in order to access the tools. To download them, you should head to your Library page and select TOOLS from the list filter. You can then search for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Modding Kit and proceed to download the tools after accepting the Mod Tools License Agreement. Please note that you will need to have the game installed for the tools to work. Likewise, your game version and tool version need to match in order for the tools to operate.

With tools in hand, you can then head over to http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/ to access the modding documentation. Please be aware that these are living documents and, as such, they will be adjusted and updated over time. With that in mind, if you experience any issues or have any feedback you would like to share in regards to the documentation, you can head on over to the Official Modding Documentation thread. Similarly, you can go to the Official Tools section of our modding forums to provide suggestions and report any problems you run into while using the modding tools. And if forums aren’t really your thing, you can join the Modding Discord to find like-minded users to discuss the tools with.

For those of you that are new to modding, or for those that simply want to get up to speed with our tools, you can check out this recent Developer Workshop livestream where we gave a detailed overview of the scene editor and its many features. We hope to share more content like this in the near future, so make sure to follow our channels to keep up to date with those announcements.

Finally, we just want to say how thrilled we are to be able to share these tools with you all! There are already so many amazing mods out there and others with huge potential that are still in the works, and we are just happy to be involved and to be able to support these kinds of efforts with the release of this first batch of tools. So, on that note, we want to give a huge shoutout and thanks to our amazing modding community, in particular the testing group that helped us to bring these to release, and say that we are truly excited to see what you manage to accomplish with these tools!

Last edited:
ok, when you say that they are ''ready for release'', do you mean they are already released on steam? because I admit I couldn't find it
EDIT: restarting steam worked

Last edited:
ok, when you say that they are ''ready for release'', do you mean they are already released on steam? because I admit I couldn't find it

To download them, you should head to your Library page and select TOOLS from the list filter. You can then search for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Modding Kit and proceed to download the tools after accepting the Mod Tools License Agreement.

Did you follow these steps? Are you still unable to find the tools?

Yes restarting work. 25GB for me.
I hope they easy to understand, i just want to create some reallife castles >-< and a europa map. We already have every faction, thankt to tw.

This is great guys! Can't wait to play around in there, and also for the future tools yet to come. Thanks!!

I'm streaming. One by one, the audience found the tools.

So I guess it takes time for tools to be distributed. Maybe you receive them early or you receive them late.

I haven't received it yet.

edit:
I restart steam, I restart my computer, I log in again, and I delete the cache file.

The audience watched me do it, so they were sure I didn't do anything wrong.

Many times, it didn't work.

My audience receives them one by one, and in time order, so I'm sure it takes time for steam to give tools.

edit:
Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't received the tools yet. It's been eight hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom