Modding section?

Users who are viewing this thread

The_dragon said:
Wait until most of the bugs are fixed...only then you can talk about modding.

Most of the bugs ARE fixed. I didn't crash once since the hotfix. Also if you are annoyed by bugs that I didn't experience that's not my problem, if I'd like to mod I should be free to do so, in whatever state the mod is.

Gab-AG. said:
The_dragon said:

Most of the bugs ARE fixed. I didn't crash once since the hotfix. Also if you are annoyed by bugs that I didn't experience that's not my problem, if I'd like to mod I should be free to do so, in whatever state the mod is.

Who is stopping you from modifying anything? What does a lack of sub-forum prevent you from doing?

New weapons, new armors, and a freelancer system would be great to start. Also, customizing ships, like having a better sail would be great.
I don't know if it is possible but modding the AI would be cool too, norwegian and danish always stay home and never go to england.

+1

Not wrong with a sub-forum for this sub-forum!

People can start mods that add items like weapons, armours and new horses. New UI (new reports, etc).

It would help alot tho if we could get the modules (source)

Daergarz said:
Gab-AG. said:
The_dragon said:

Who is stopping you from modifying anything? What does a lack of sub-forum prevent you from doing?

:shock:  :arrow:  :lol:

Daergarz said:
Gab-AG. said:
The_dragon said:

It prevents the community from having a tidy section to gather all the created mods/publish them.

They could open a section, but I'd much rather they fix the errors first before I start looking through BRF files.

I'm sure people collaborating would want that too.

SirGerbil said:
Paint it red? WAAAAGH!

and Hooray for modding!

Red wunz go fasta!

A mods section would be good, but will many people bother at the minute? Patches are probably going to come thick and fast, so keeping mods updated is probably going to be a real pain. Good luck to anyone who braves it though.

Anyone without experience with modding would not understand...

You need many things for a new modding project. Show your idea, recruit a team, feedback, etc. Even before releasing code. You may need people to help with testing.

And the list goes on. So before you post anything you may want to reconsider if you even know what you are talking about.

Food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom