Modding SandBox Variables

Users who are viewing this thread

LawH

Recruit
Hey!

I would like to edit some of the SandBox variables that are not in .xml form. Precisely, I would like to mod, for personal use and testing, the speeds at which parties travel on the map. I saw an old mod that changes some of these speeds, but as a learning programmer, I always like to make mods myself, even if some are already available, as a learning experience to help me think and understand what is going on under the hood.

So, since this at least used to be possible, can someone refer me to what I would have to learn and what programs I would have to use to gain access to variables that are beyond the .xml form.

Thanks!

So, since this at least used to be possible, can someone refer me to what I would have to learn and what programs I would have to use to gain access to variables that are beyond the .xml form.
You need to know C#. And then you need to decompile game DLL files with a decompiler and search for that specific method/variable. Once you find it, you need to change it ( or patch it in another method ) in your own mod DLL. For general Bannerlord modding guide - this community documentation is more than enough I think - https://docs.bannerlordmodding.com/ This page also have examples for C# projects and such

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom