Modding Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

(TL;DR version at bottom)
So I've been wanting to find all the black/dark armors of all my mods and put them into Native Expansion for a better customizable character when joining the dark knights. Upon playing around with OpenBRF, I noticed a few cool features I could do, but have no clue how to perfect. I found that one of my mods has a separate arms armor and a cloak, and I wanted to attach that to an armor from another mod, heraldic tabard. When I attempted to merge the meshes, it combined a single mesh together which made one of the pieces look right, but the other two didn't. But also, when I attempted to extract the mesh and the texture file and move it to another mod, the texture on the armor is null. Perhaps I need to also code it in, but it is also difficult to figure out which code is for that specific item. I've also looked up how to correctly code your wife as a companion, which he did for native, and the instructions were much different which resulted in the coding not working out.  So on to my questions:

1) How can I combine meshes correctly?
2) How do I transfer items to another mod? (do I have to code it into the item_kinds1, put the .obj and .dds into the folders?)
3) How do you define the item_kinds1 codes to a specific item?
4) How do you make it possible (in Floris mod) to code your wife into becoming a companion?

A lot of questions, I know. And thank you to any who answer :smile:

lets see,

I would suggest using the module system, for example your question 3 would be easyer to copy it from the Module_Items aswell as making your wife a companion.

5) [Code ] Adding your wife as a companion: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=171729.0

Good luck.

The problem with that link is that it wants me to edit module_dialogs, which is not an existing file in the Floris mod. I have noticed that Floris has a 'conversations.txt' file, but uses a different code style compared to module_dialogs. Perhaps I need to move the module_dialogs from the Module System folder to Floris? But I feel as if that would mess with a lot of settings already in Floris.

Nuwat said:
The problem with that link is that it wants me to edit module_dialogs, which is not an existing file in the Floris mod. I have noticed that Floris has a 'conversations.txt' file, but uses a different code style compared to module_dialogs. Perhaps I need to move the module_dialogs from the Module System folder to Floris? But I feel as if that would mess with a lot of settings already in Floris.

You will always need some module system to work with. Edditing the txt files is a task taken only by the bravest and the ones with the most patience, you won't find a lot -or any- tutorials and not many people know how to do this.

Using a module system can be really helpfull and you can follow all the tutorials and use the OSPs on this forum.

I do not remember wether floris' source code was released but same goes for your 3rd question. To change code-related stuff for items you must edit module_items.py from the coresponding module system.

Nuwat said:
I have noticed that Floris has a 'conversations.txt' file, but uses a different code style compared to module_dialogs.

It doesn't use a different code style. All the txt files are compiled from the python files in the module system.

Balgy said:
It doesn't use a different code style. All the txt files are compiled from the python files in the module system.

and to be clear: Floris comes with the modules (game source), just make sure you are doing the full download.

Yeah I completely missed the floris source kit lmao was playing around with that for a while last night, along with OpenBRF. Figured everything out thanks to your replies, except one thing; how to save the module files and get the configured .txt files for it :s

Back
Top Bottom