Modding question

Users who are viewing this thread

I've decided to do some little modding here. I've decided to add a faction, a minor faction in the game, it's gonna he Half-Elves, lol.

I've got the items ready for the faction, they're going to be like elves, just a bit stronger and fewer in numbers.

QUESTIONS -

How can i add troops to the faction?

How can i make a center for the faction?

Can i make the faction hidden until triggered(say, by a quest which reveals their location)

Also if it would be possible, is it easy to create a bit of new landscape?

I have, actually spent an hour looking for an answer there, but i found none. I decided to ask here if people who have put it to their mind, could answer me.

First two questions are answered by "Creating a faction" tutorial, though there are tons of more detailed threads on this topics.

Answer to the last question depends on what you actually want. If you want a scene, you can read Scener's Guild thread, if you want to modify the global map, then I'd recommend "Mapping" tutorial.

These threads are on the first pages of this forum and Unofficial Tutorials subforums. You don't need to spend an hour searching for them, you just have to look.

Oh ****, i guess i missed it then. Thanks for the hints anyways :razz:

Most of that stuff is.. well, not using morgh's tools which would be much more efficient wouldn't it?

Das Knecht said:
Most of that stuff is.. well, not using morgh's tools which would be much more efficient wouldn't it?

Morgh's tool, as nice as it is, is nowhere near powerful enough to do advanced modding - I mean no disrespect to Morgh, and I doubt he would see this as such anyhow.

edit: to make this post a little more useful (if frustrating), there's IMO no way around learning the module system if you want to do any "serious" mod-work - it's (again, IMO) faster in the long run to tackle that obstacle rather than learning a tool that will prove to lack the functions you eventually need.

I agree.

Well, this might be a stupid question, but after a forum-search and a google search i've still got no idea to where to find module factions, module scripts etc. or maybe i have to create them myself?

Also, i just want to add one faction, minor or large, to the game, my own troops to them and perhaps a bit of landscape for them to dwell in.

I can add troops with Morgh's and i can edit them, but i cannot give factions land or create land, so yes, advanced modding is much better.

Das Knecht said:
Well, this might be a stupid question, but after a forum-search and a google search i've still got no idea to where to find module factions, module scripts etc. or maybe i have to create them myself?

They are found inside the module system, which can be found on the Taleworlds site, under downloads -> other downloads. You also need to setup Python 2.6 or 2.7 but there are other tutorials for that.

Back
Top Bottom