Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arch3r said:
That seems to be a possible direction, although it doesn't eliminate the messages. I could add a fade_out (like below) instead of the damage instead, but probably that will have problems on its own.

I dont play MP, but to point a suggestion: look for the strings used by the game and see if they are on languages folder (should be, for translation compatibility) and if you can simple keep them empty.

Godarcher said:
builder of the gods said:
SCRIPT FINISHED and UPDATED (bugs will be token out if they appear don't worry)
all functions
1 waste your money :grin:
2 posion a lord for only 40 denars (do this before you attack his castle in a peace situation or something)
3 poison a lord for minimal 400 denars (no relation -1)
4 ask a location (nothing news)
5 tell a lord daughter you will marry her if she want it or not
6 go to the lord make him drunk and let him marry you his daughter
7 go to the hugars with the lord
8 when gone to the hugars chantage the lord to:
1 let you marry his daughter
2 give you money
3 join your faction (if you married his daughter you can threaten him to do that)
4 let him release his prisoners

module_game_menus.py
Code:
 [anyone|plyr,"lady_talk",
   [],
   "May I have the honor of knowing more about you, my lady?", "lady_relations",[]],	
 ## builders code  
   [anyone|plyr,"lady_talk",
   [],
   "I want you and im going to mary you nothing you can change about that!", "close_window",[
    (call_script, "script_get_kingdom_lady_social_determinants", "$g_talk_troop"),
	(assign, ":guardian", reg0),
	(str_store_troop_name, s10, "$g_talk_troop"),
	(str_store_troop_name, s12, ":guardian"),
    (setup_quest_text, "qst_formal_marriage_proposal"),
    (str_store_string, s2, "str_you_intend_to_ask_s12_to_pressure_s10_to_marry_you"),

(quest_set_slot, "qst_formal_marriage_proposal", slot_quest_target_troop, ":guardian"),
    (quest_set_slot, "qst_formal_marriage_proposal", slot_quest_expiration_days, 30),
    (quest_set_slot, "qst_formal_marriage_proposal", slot_quest_current_state, 0),
	(call_script, "script_start_quest", "qst_formal_marriage_proposal", "$g_talk_troop"),
	(quest_set_slot, "qst_formal_marriage_proposal", slot_quest_giver_troop, "$g_talk_troop"), 
	]],
 ## builders code
  [anyone,"lady_relations",
   [
    (str_store_string, s12, "str_i_am"),
	(assign, ":relation_found", 0),
	(assign, ":in_castle_of_relative", 0),

module_dialogs.py
Code:
 [anyone|plyr,"lord_talk", [(le,"$talk_context", tc_party_encounter),
                             (ge, "$g_talk_troop_faction_relation", 0),
                             #(troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_troop_is_prisoner, 0),
                             (neg|troop_slot_ge, "$g_talk_troop", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, 0),
                             (faction_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_leader, "$g_talk_troop"),
                             (neq, "$players_kingdom", "$g_talk_troop_faction"),
                             (store_partner_quest, ":lords_quest"),
                             (neq, ":lords_quest", "qst_join_faction"),
                            ],
   "{s66}, I have come to offer you my sword in vassalage!", "lord_ask_enter_service",[]],
## builders dialog

],
   "{s66}, You need to do something for me and better do it!", "lord_ask_do",[]],
   [anyone,"lord_ask_do", [], "Who do you think you are threatening me!", "lord_askt",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_askt", [], "Never_mind", "lord_talk",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_askt", [], "Well i have prove that you, a married lord went to the hugars", "lord_chantage",[]],
   [anyone,"lord_chantage", [], "What do you want from me you bastard!", "lord_want",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want", [], "I want money", "lord_want_money",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want", [], "I want your duaghter to marry me", "lord_want_daughter",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want", [], "I want your prisoners to be released", "lord_want_prisoners",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want", [(ge, "$g_lord_daughter",0)], "I want you to join my faction", "lord_join_faction_no",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want", [(ge, "$g_lord_daughter",1),], "I want you to join my faction, remember i can do with your daughter whatever i want", "lord_join_faction",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want", [], "Never_mind", "lord_talk",[]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_join_faction_no", [], "you ask to much", "lord_want",[]],

[anyone,"lord_join_faction",  
    [
      (troop_get_slot, ":recruitment_candidate", "$g_talk_troop", slot_lord_recruitment_candidate),
      (str_store_troop_name, s4, ":recruitment_candidate"),

(try_begin),
        (eq, "$cheat_mode", 1),
        (display_message, "str_lord_pledges_to_s4"),
      (try_end),  
    ],
    "Very well -- I am ready to pledge myself to {s4} as my {reg4?queen:king}.", "lord_want",
    [
      (troop_get_slot, ":recruitment_candidate", "$g_talk_troop", slot_lord_recruitment_candidate),

(try_begin),
        (eq, ":recruitment_candidate", "trp_player"),
        (faction_slot_eq, "fac_player_supporters_faction", slot_faction_state, sfs_inactive),
        (call_script, "script_activate_player_faction", "trp_player"),
      (try_end),

(assign, "$lord_expects_fief", 0),
      (try_begin),
        (troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_lord_recruitment_argument, argument_benefit),
        (assign, "$lord_expects_fief", 1),
      (try_end),

(call_script, "script_change_troop_faction", "$g_talk_troop", "$players_kingdom"),

(try_begin), #Actually, perhaps do provocation rather than war
        (store_relation, ":relation", "$players_kingdom", "$g_talk_troop_faction"), 
        (ge, ":relation", 0),

(try_begin),
          (eq, "$cheat_mode", 1),
          (display_message, "str_lord_recruitment_provokes_home_faction"),
        (try_end),  

(call_script, "script_add_log_entry", logent_border_incident_troop_suborns_lord, "trp_player", -1, "$g_talk_troop","$g_talk_troop_faction"),
        (store_add, ":slot_provocation_days", "$players_kingdom", slot_faction_provocation_days_with_factions_begin),
        (val_sub, ":slot_provocation_days", kingdoms_begin),
        (faction_set_slot, "$g_talk_troop_faction", ":slot_provocation_days", 30),

(faction_get_slot, ":other_liege", "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_leader),
        (call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "trp_player", ":other_liege", -3),
      (try_end),

(troop_get_type, reg4, ":recruitment_candidate"),
      (try_begin),
        (eq, ":recruitment_candidate", "trp_player"),
        (str_store_string, s4, "@you"),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_right_to_rule", 5),
      (else_try),
        (str_store_troop_name, s4, ":recruitment_candidate"),
      (try_end),		
	]],

[anyone,"lord_want", [], "They will be!", "lord_want",[(store_num_regular_prisoners,":lprisoners","$g_talk_troop"),(party_remove_prisoners,"$g_talk_troop_party",":lprisoners")]],

[anyone,"lord_want_daughter", [(quest_get_slot, ":bride", "qst_formal_marriage_proposal", slot_quest_giver_troop),(neg|troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_lord_reputation_type, lrep_debauched),(neg|troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_lord_reputation_type, lrep_selfrighteous),(neg|troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_lord_reputation_type, lrep_quarrelsome)], "You swine, i have no chose to accept this", "drunk_mariage",[(assign, "$g_lord_daughter", 1)]],
   [anyone,"lord_want_daughter", [], "It goes to far choose something else!", "lord_want",[]],

[anyone,"lord_want_money", [], "Sigh, i can do nothing else than give it to you", "lord_want_money2",[]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_want_money2", [], "Never_mind", "lord_want",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want_money2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","$g_talk_troop"),(gt, ":total_money",20),(le, ":total_money",35)], "Thats nice i want 20 denars!", "lord_want",[(troop_add_gold,"trp_player",20),(troop_remove_gold,"$g_talk_troop",20),(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", -1)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want_money2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","$g_talk_troop"),(gt, ":total_money",35),(le, ":total_money",65)], "Thats nice i want 35 denars!", "lord_want",[(troop_add_gold,"trp_player",35),(troop_remove_gold,"$g_talk_troop",35),(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", -1)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want_money2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","$g_talk_troop"),(gt, ":total_money",65),(le, ":total_money",200)], "Thats nice i want 65 denars!", "lord_want",[(troop_add_gold,"trp_player",65),(troop_remove_gold,"$g_talk_troop",65),(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", -1)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want_money2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","$g_talk_troop"),(gt, ":total_money",200),(le, ":total_money",500)], "Thats nice i want 200 denars!", "lord_want",[(troop_add_gold,"trp_player",200),(troop_remove_gold,"$g_talk_troop",200),(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", -2)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_want_money2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","$g_talk_troop"),(gt, ":total_money",500)], "Thats nice i want 500 denars!", "lord_want",[(troop_add_gold,"trp_player",500),(troop_remove_gold,"$g_talk_troop",500),(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", -3)]],

],
   "{s66}, Would you like to drink something together?", "lord_ask_drinking",[]],
   [anyone,"lord_ask_drinking", [(ge, "$g_talk_troop_relation", -10)], "I would like to drink something together!", "lord_drink",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",20)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 beer in the street only costed me 20 denars with 1% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_2",[(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0),(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 1),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",20)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",35)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 wines in the street only costed me 35 denars with 2% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_2",[(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0),(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 2),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",35)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",65)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 whiskeys in the street only costed me 65 denars with 4% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_2",[(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0),(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 4),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",65)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",200)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 royal beers by a speciales brewer in the rodok empire costed me 200 denars with 10% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_2",[(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0),(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 10),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",200)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",500)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 royal wines by a special brewer in the swadian empire costed me 500 denars with 25% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_2",[(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0),(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 25),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",500)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",40),(party_get_skill_level, ":assassination", "p_main_party", skl_assassination),(ge, ":assassination", 3),], "Thats nice i bought us 2 wines in the street only costed me 35 denars with 2% alcohol! (what he doesn't now is that is poisoned it)", "lord_poisoned",[(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0),(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 2),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",40),(troop_set_health, "$g_talk_troop", 1),(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", -1)]],

[anyone,"lord_poisoned", [], "What happens to me? was it poisoned? this was your fault!", "close_window",[]],

[anyone,"lord_ask_drinking_2", [], "I would like to drink another round!", "lord_drink_2",[]], 

[anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",20)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 beer in the street only costed me 20 denars with 1% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_3",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 1),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",20)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",35)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 wines in the street only costed me 35 denars with 2% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_3",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 2),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",35)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",65)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 whiskeys in the street only costed me 65 denars with 4% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_3",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 4),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",65)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",200)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 royal beers by a speciales brewer in the rodok empire costed me 200 denars with 10% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_3",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 10),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",200)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",500)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 royal wines by a special brewer in the swadian empire costed me 500 denars with 25% alcohol!", "lord_ask_drinking_3",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 25),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",500)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_2", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",40),(party_get_skill_level, ":assassination", "p_main_party", skl_assassination),(ge, ":assassination", 3),], "Thats nice i bought us 2 wines in the street only costed me 35 denars with 2% alcohol! (what he doesn't now is that is poisoned it)", "lord_poisoned",[(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0),(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 2),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",40),(troop_set_health, "$g_talk_troop", 1),(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", -1)]],

[anyone,"lord_ask_drinking_3", [], "I would like to drink another round!", "lord_drink_3",[]], 

[anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_3", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",20)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 beer in the street only costed me 20 denars with 1% alcohol!", "lord_talk_pol",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 1),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",20)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_3", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",35)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 wines in the street only costed me 35 denars with 2% alcohol!", "lord_talk_pol",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 2),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",35)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_3", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",65)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 whiskeys in the street only costed me 65 denars with 4% alcohol!", "lord_talk_pol",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 4),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",65)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_3", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",200)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 royal beers by a speciales brewer in the rodok empire costed me 200 denars with 10% alcohol!", "lord_talk_pol",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 10),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",200)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_3", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",500)], "Thats nice i bought us 2 royal wines by a special brewer in the swadian empire costed me 500 denars with 25% alcohol!", "lord_talk_pol",[(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 25),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",500)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_drink_3", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(gt, ":total_money",40),(party_get_skill_level, ":assassination", "p_main_party", skl_assassination),(ge, ":assassination", 3),], "Thats nice i bought us 2 wines in the street only costed me 35 denars with 2% alcohol! (what he doesn't now is that is poisoned it)", "lord_poisoned",[(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0),(val_add, "$g_lord_drink", 2),(troop_remove_gold,"trp_player",40),(troop_set_health, "$g_talk_troop", 1),(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", -1)]],

[anyone,"lord_talk_pol", [(le, "$g_lord_drink",11)], "Good stuff!", "lord_ask",[]],
   [anyone,"lord_talk_pol", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",12)], "Hik Good stuf, every thing turns!!!", "lord_ask",[]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_ask", [(le, "$g_lord_drink",11)], "It was fun goodbye!", "close_window",[(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", 1),(store_sub, ":num_hours", 2),(rest_for_hours, ":num_hours", 5, 0),(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_ask", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",12)], "It was fun goodbye!", "close_window",[(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", 2),(store_sub, ":num_hours", 4),(rest_for_hours, ":num_hours", 5, 0),(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_ask", [], "I think it is time to talk", "lord_talk_stuff",[]],

[anyone,"lord_talk_stuff", [(le, "$g_lord_drink",11)], "Ok lets talk!", "lord_talk_menu",[]],
   [anyone,"lord_talk_stuff", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",12)], "Hik what talk??", "lord_talk_menu",[]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_talk_menu", [], "I want to know the location of someone.", "lord_dtalk_ask_location",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_talk_menu", [(eq, "$g_lord_daughter",0)], "I want to know if you have a daughter i can have pleasure with?.", "lord_ask_daughter",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_talk_menu", [(le, "$g_lord_drink",11)], "It was fun goodbye!", "close_window",[(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", 1),(store_sub, ":num_hours", 2),(rest_for_hours, ":num_hours", 5, 0),(assign, "$g_dno_outside", 0),(assign, "$g_lord_daughter", 0),(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_talk_menu", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",12)], "It was fun goodbye!", "close_window",[(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", 2),(store_sub, ":num_hours", 4),(rest_for_hours, ":num_hours", 5, 0),(assign, "$g_dno_outside", 0),(assign, "$g_lord_daughter", 0),(assign, "$g_lord_drink", 0)]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_talk_menu", [(eq, "$g_dno_outside",0)], "Lets go walk a mile or what.", "lord_outside",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_talk_menu", [(eq, "$g_facked_hugars",0)], "Lets go have somes pleasure with the hugars.", "lord_hugars",[]],

[anyone,"lord_hugars", [(le, "$g_lord_drink",30)], "Hik i have a wife you bastard hik", "lord_talk_menu",[(assign, "$g_hug_outside", 1),(call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", "trp_player", -1)]],
   [anyone,"lord_hugars", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",30)], "Hik ok hik time for pleasure", "lord_hugar",[]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_hugar", [(store_troop_gold,":total_money","trp_player"),(ge, ":total_money",50)], "I got some nice women for you costed me 50 denars", "lord_hugar2",[]],
   [anyone,"lord_hugar2", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",30)], "Hik ok hik lets go and visit this girls", "lord_hugar3",[(store_sub, ":num_hours", 4),(rest_for_hours, ":num_hours", 5, 0)]],

[anyone,"lord_hugar3", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",30)], "Hik oh that was nice", "lord_hugar4",[]],

[anyone,"lord_hugar4", [], "It certaintly was (and i have a perfect way to chantage you now)", "lord_talk_menu",[(assign, "$g_facked_hugars", 1)]],

[anyone,"lord_outside", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",5)], "Indeed a good plan my friend i will call my gaurds", "lord_outside2",[]],
   [anyone,"lord_outside", [(lt, "$g_lord_drink",5)], "Sorry i am to busy for that", "lord_talk_menu",[(assign, "$g_dno_outside", 1)]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_outside2", [], "No dont call your gaurds i want to be alone with you", "lord_outside3",[]],

[anyone,"lord_outside3", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",20)], "What you want", "lord_outside_ng",[]],
   [anyone,"lord_outside3", [(lt, "$g_lord_drink",20)], "Sorry it is needed for our safety", "lord_outside_wg",[]],

[anyone,"lord_outside_wg", [(lt, "$g_lord_drink",20)], "Doesn't matters then we dont have to go outside", "lord_talk_menu",[(assign, "$g_dno_outside", 1)]],

[anyone,"lord_outside_ng", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",20)], "What do you want to do?", "lord_outside_talk",[]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_outside_talk", [], "Never mind lets go back", "lord_talk_menu",[]],
   [anyone|plyr,"lord_outside_talk", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",25)], "Try to eat this its wonderful (i poisoned it)", "lord_talk_eat",[]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_talk_eat", [], "I get an enormous headache i think i drunk to much.", "lord_talk_menu",[(troop_set_health, "$g_talk_troop", 1)]],

[anyone,"lord_ask_daughter", [(le, "$g_lord_drink",30)], "Hik lets talk another time when im not drunk", "lord_talk_menu",[(assign, "$g_lord_daughter", 1)]],
   [anyone,"lord_ask_daughter", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",30)], "Hik what? Hik", "lord_get_daughter",[]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_get_daughter", [], "I want to know if i can marry your daughter?.", "lord_ask_daughter_marry",[]],

[anyone,"lord_ask_daughter_marry", [(ge, "$g_lord_drink",30),(quest_get_slot, ":bride", "qst_formal_marriage_proposal", slot_quest_giver_troop)], "Hik alright Hik", "drunk_mariage",[(assign, "$g_lord_daughter", 1)]],

[anyone,"drunk_mariage", [
  (quest_get_slot, ":bride", "qst_formal_marriage_proposal", slot_quest_giver_troop),
  (call_script, "script_get_kingdom_lady_social_determinants", ":bride"),
  (assign, ":venue", reg1),
  (is_between, ":venue", walled_centers_begin, walled_centers_end),
  (party_slot_eq, ":venue", slot_village_state, svs_normal),
  (str_store_party_name, s24, ":venue"),
  ],
   "Splendid! You two may now consider yourselves offically betrothed. Very well -- I shall plan to hold a great feast in {s24}, as soon as circumstances permit. We will be sure to notify you when the day comes.", "lord_talk_menu",
   [
   (quest_get_slot, ":bride", "qst_formal_marriage_proposal", slot_quest_giver_troop),
   (troop_set_slot, "trp_player", slot_troop_betrothed, ":bride"), 
   (troop_set_slot, ":bride", slot_troop_betrothed, "trp_player"), 

(call_script, "script_end_quest", "qst_formal_marriage_proposal"),

(troop_remove_gold, "trp_player", "$marriage_dower"),
   (call_script, "script_get_kingdom_lady_social_determinants", ":bride"),
   (assign, ":venue", reg1),

(str_store_troop_name, s3, ":bride"),
   (str_store_troop_name, s4, "$g_talk_troop"),
   (str_store_party_name, s5, ":venue"),

(setup_quest_text, "qst_wed_betrothed"),
   (str_store_string, s2, "str_you_plan_to_marry_s3_at_a_feast_hosted_by_s4_in_s5_you_should_be_notifed_of_the_feast_as_soon_as_it_is_held"),

(call_script, "script_start_quest", "qst_wed_betrothed", "$g_talk_troop"),

(quest_set_slot, "qst_wed_betrothed", slot_quest_expiration_days, 365),
   (quest_set_slot, "qst_wed_betrothed", slot_quest_giver_troop, "$g_talk_troop"),
   (quest_set_slot, "qst_wed_betrothed", slot_quest_target_troop, ":bride"),

(try_begin),
		(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter),   
		(assign, "$g_leave_encounter", 1),
   (try_end),

]],

[anyone,"lord_dtalk_ask_location", [],
   "Very well, I may or may not have an answer for you. About whom do you wish to hear?", "lord_dtalk_ask_location_2",[]],

[anyone|plyr|repeat_for_troops,"lord_dtalk_ask_location_2", [(store_repeat_object, ":troop_no"),
                                                              (neq, "$g_talk_troop", ":troop_no"),
                                                              (is_between, ":troop_no", active_npcs_begin, kingdom_ladies_end),
															  (neq, ":troop_no", "trp_player"),
                                                              (this_or_next|troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero),
																(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_lady),
                                                              (store_troop_faction, ":faction_no", ":troop_no"),
                                                              (eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", ":faction_no"),
                                                              (str_store_troop_name, s1, ":troop_no"),
															  (try_begin),
																(faction_slot_eq, "$players_kingdom", slot_faction_marshall, ":troop_no"),
															    (str_store_string, s1, "@Our marshal, {s1}"),
															  (try_end),

],
   "{s1}", "lord_dtalk_ask_location_3",[(store_repeat_object, "$hero_requested_to_learn_location")]],

[anyone|plyr,"lord_dtalk_ask_location_2", [
     (neg|is_between, "$g_talk_troop", kingdom_ladies_begin, kingdom_ladies_end),
  ], "Never mind.", "lord_talk_menu",[]],

[anyone,"lord_dtalk_ask_location_3",
   [
     (call_script, "script_update_troop_location_notes", "$hero_requested_to_learn_location", 1),
     (call_script, "script_get_information_about_troops_position", "$hero_requested_to_learn_location", 0),
     ],
   "{s1}", "lord_talk_menu",[]],
  ## builders code end
                             (faction_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_leader, "$g_talk_troop"),
                             (eq, "$players_kingdom", "$g_talk_troop_faction"),
                             (eq, "$player_has_homage", 0),
                             (store_partner_quest, ":lords_quest"),
                             (neq, ":lords_quest", "qst_join_faction"),
                            ],
   "{s66}, I wish to become your sworn {man/woman} and fight for your honour.", "lord_ask_enter_service",[]],

(ge, "$g_talk_troop_faction_relation", 0),
                             (eq, "$players_kingdom", "$g_talk_troop_faction"),
                             (eq, "$player_has_homage", 1),
                            ],
   "{s66}, I wish to be released from my oath to you.", "lord_ask_leave_service",[]],
my aplogies this is the osp original posting im sorry

kalarhan said:
Arch3r said:
That seems to be a possible direction, although it doesn't eliminate the messages. I could add a fade_out (like below) instead of the damage instead, but probably that will have problems on its own.

I dont play MP, but to point a suggestion: look for the strings used by the game and see if they are on languages folder (should be, for translation compatibility) and if you can simple keep them empty.
Doesn't work since in multiplayer the casualities report has only the names of the player or bots in it which gets called.

Welp,didnt even started working with Swyter,I got into the issue.

Broken MAB install? <C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade>
Broken WB install? <E:\GOG Games\Mount and Blade - Warband>
Msys folder at <E:\modsys\Module_system 1.171>
Module folder at <E:\modsys\Module_system 1.171\..\WOTS\Modules\Native>
@--start loading font xml
luajit: .\mab-font.lua:22: bad argument #1 to 'lines' (E:\modsys\Module_system 1.171\..\WOTS\Modules\Native\..\..\Data\FONT_DATA.XML: No such file or directory)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'lines'
        .\mab-font.lua:22: in function 'load'
        cartographer.lua:46: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

So what is actually wrong here?

HelrothHyrmir said:
Welp,didnt even started working with Swyter,I got into the issue.

Broken MAB install? <C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade>
Broken WB install? <E:\GOG Games\Mount and Blade - Warband>
Msys folder at <E:\modsys\Module_system 1.171>
Module folder at <E:\modsys\Module_system 1.171\..\WOTS\Modules\Native>
@--start loading font xml
luajit: .\mab-font.lua:22: bad argument #1 to 'lines' (E:\modsys\Module_system 1.171\..\WOTS\Modules\Native\..\..\Data\FONT_DATA.XML: No such file or directory)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'lines'
        .\mab-font.lua:22: in function 'load'
        cartographer.lua:46: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

So what is actually wrong here?

Hi. I'm not working fine because I'm looking for the Native's game font.

I do this by reading the output directory from your module system, from there (what should be
Code:
<game's root>\Modules\YourModName
) I try to grab
Code:
..\..\Data\FONT_DATA.XML
(what should be
Code:
<game's root>\Data\FONT_DATA.XML
).

Looks like you need to change your
Code:
module_info.py
and correctly set your path to
Code:
E:\GOG Games\Mount and Blade - Warband\Modules\YourModName
or whatever you need.

Alternatively, you can do what some lazy modders do; when you extract the editor it comes preconfigured with a dummy mod and msys folder. You can just paste your files there, and replace the
Code:
map.txt
and
Code:
module_parties.py
. See you in your computer. :party:

Swyter said:

I do this by reading the output directory from your module system, from there (what should be
Code:
) I try to grab
Code:
..\..\Data\FONT_DATA.XML
(what should be
Code:
).

Code:
module_info.py
Code:
or whatever you need.

Alternatively, you can do what some lazy modders do; when you extract the editor it comes preconfigured with a dummy mod and msys folder. You can just paste your files there, and replace the
Code:
map.txt
and
Code:
module_parties.py

Well,I did exactly as you said,and it still doesnt work,causes of error are the same.

HelrothHyrmir said:
Swyter said:

Code:
) I try to grab
Code:
..\..\Data\FONT_DATA.XML
(what should be
Code:
).

Code:
module_info.py
Code:
or whatever you need.

Code:
map.txt
and
Code:
module_parties.py

Well,I did exactly as you said,and it still doesnt work,causes of error are the same.

Well, then you did it wrong or the game isn't there. I already told you that we bundle all what you need with Cartographer.
Just extracting everything into a folder and launching
Code:
cartographer.cmd
should make it work out of the box.

I would read a bit more about how it all works until you have a clear picture of the module system. There's my quick start guide (that really covers everything you might need) and even a few unofficial YouTube videos about it that I would only use as a last resort.

Hey guys, a question: I have made a menu that appears when the players visits a custom location in the Campaign map(a temple of some kind). In this menu, your have the choice to Pray(since it is a temple) and go to a different menu with other options or Leave. Now, I want to make this location, this party available to visit only once. If the player visits the location a second time or any time after the first, it throws him back.

This is the code for the first menu, the one that I am interested in:
Code:
  ("cave_of_luminous_lords",0,
    "RPG stuff TBD",
    "none",
[],
    [
      ("enter_cave_of_luminous_lords",[(eq, "$g_encountered_party", "p_cave_luminous_lords"),],"Enter the Cave of the Luminous Lords.",[
	    (jump_to_menu,"mnu_choose_luminous_lord"),	
	]),	

("leave",[],"Leave.",[(leave_encounter),(change_screen_return)]),
    ]
  ),

Now, I know I should put a check in the conditions bit, but cannot figure out how to check. I searched in the party operation, but couldn't find anything useful, apart from the store_encountered_party which I suspect it will play a role(maybe a variable that checks if its value to another that is assigned when part is visited?). Any help? Thanks!

You could initialize a global $g_light_switch to 0 in game_start then assign it to 1 when visiting mnu_choose_luminous_lord while having as a condition that the value needs to be 0 to visit the menu, maybe if the value is 1 redirect the player to a menu that explains why he can't visit anymore.

Antonis said:
Now, I know I should put a check in the conditions bit, but cannot figure out how to check.

Code:
 ("leave",[(eq, "$my_new_global", 0),],"Leave.",[(leave_encounter),(change_screen_return)]),

you add a check like that on each condition block, set the flag to 1 when the event happens and you can create a new submenu like this
Code:
 (jump_to_menu,"mnu_choose_luminous_lord"),	(assign, "$my_new_global",1)

Code:
 ("cantdo",[(eq, "$my_new_global", 1),],"Nothing to do, already visited, go away!",[(leave_encounter),(change_screen_return)]),

why are you using the operations leave_encounter and change_screen_return ?

in short: the menu option ONLY shows up if the CONDITION block of THAT option is TRUE. So you will first see 2 options and later only 1 (controlled by the global value of 0/1)

another question: why are you doing this check?
Code:
(eq, "$g_encountered_party", "p_cave_luminous_lords"),
if the menu is already linked to the specific party, why would you check again?

Ah, yes that was it. A global variable in a condition check, leading to another menu if the requirements don't meet did the trick, thanks.

kalarhan said:
another question: why are you doing this check?
Code:
if the menu is already linked to the specific party, why would you check again?

Because it was before I figured out this should go the scripts bit, in order to lead to my menu.  :razz:
Code:
  ("game_event_party_encounter",
   [...blah blah...
# Luminous Lord Cave Begin  			 
         (else_try),
           (jump_to_menu, "mnu_cave_of_luminous_lords"),		
# Luminous Lord Cave End			   
         (else_try),
           (jump_to_menu, "mnu_simple_encounter"),
         (try_end),

I gues I just forgot to erase that condition check in the menu.

Swyter said:
HelrothHyrmir said:
Swyter said:

Code:
) I try to grab
Code:
..\..\Data\FONT_DATA.XML
(what should be
Code:
).

Code:
module_info.py
Code:
or whatever you need.

Code:
map.txt
and
Code:
module_parties.py

Well, then you did it wrong or the game isn't there. I already told you that we bundle all what you need with Cartographer.
Just extracting everything into a folder and launching
Code:
cartographer.cmd
should make it work out of the box.

I would read a bit more about how it all works until you have a clear picture of the module system. There's my quick start guide (that really covers everything you might need) and even a few unofficial YouTube videos about it that I would only use as a last resort.

I just pasted my files in the msys folder of Cartographer,and it works perfectly.Will my work be handicapped in any way if I do this?

HelrothHyrmir said:
I just pasted my files in the msys folder of Cartographer,and it works perfectly.Will my work be handicapped in any way if I do this?

as @Swyter joked before that is the lazy way to do it. Why a joke? Because that adds extra work as you now need to manually move your files back and forth between the mod and the tool lol

so in short: just remember to copy the files to your module folder after using the tool ... every time.

Hi guys.

I have got a small question in regards to towns/locations on the
campaign map.

Is every town required to have a castle and villages?
Same for castles do they need villages to work properly?
I recall that someone had asked this a few years back
but I am not sure what the answer was.

Blubby said:
Hi guys.

I have got a small question in regards to towns/locations on the
campaign map.

You don't need villages at all, TLD has none for example. If you have villages, they get automatically assigned to the nearest town/castle around them.

Blubby said:

Native rules: yes
Your rules: whatever you want it to be.

The economy, recruiting, caravan transport, production of goods, prosperity of center, etc are all defined on the modsys. If you want to remove/replace/do something else you will need to edit the code related to that stuff. It is not a easy "edit this line of code", it is more like "edit this 100 lines of code spread on 50 different places and files", so that means you need some level of experience with coding MBScript and testing your features first.

OR use a mod that already does that as your base, instead of using Native.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom