Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good news is I just added another pack which works fine so its not me for a change but a shame as the other pack must be out of date or something will post on that one for help
Thank you all again

markfamily said:
I went to and the items are there but you cannot see them also when you put them on example the leg armor your legs disappear.
SO my question is what have i done wrong.

did you update your module.ini ? It has the references to any new BRF file in there.

I aplogise for the amount of questions but I have another two questions.

1. added Narf's Men-at-Arms armour pack to my mod but also wanted to change the names of the items to ["swadian_brigandine_red", "Swadian Brigandine", from the original ["brigandine_red", "Brigandine", but they still show up in game as Brigandine, am I missing something.
2. duplicated ["hide_boots", "Hide Boots", and renamed ["swadian hide_boots", "Swadian Hide Boots", but they do not exist in game.

Silly me thought these two things would be easy but I guess not, anyway thank everyone for there time.

markfamily said:
1. added Narf's Men-at-Arms armour pack to my mod but also wanted to change the names of the items to ["swadian_brigandine_red", "Swadian Brigandine", from the original ["brigandine_red", "Brigandine", but they still show up in game as Brigandine, am I missing something.
2. duplicated ["hide_boots", "Hide Boots", and renamed ["swadian hide_boots", "Swadian Hide Boots", but they do not exist in game.

are you starting a new game after those changes? And are you working with .txt files or the modsys?

when talking about code changes you should post them here. Use the spoiler and code tags for that.

abstract info like "item doesnt exist" doesnt help. You should be clear on the description, like: "item doesnt show up on a shop; item doesnt show up on the cheat inventory; troop that should have the item doesnt have it on the inventory; item is invisible; etc" as each one can mean different issues.

Thank you for your help I will be more descriptive.
I am attempting to make my own mod for personal use I havn't got the skill to release it.
I am using modsys.

original code
["hosen_grey", "Grey Hose", [("hosen_grey",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_foot_armor |itp_civilian | itp_attach_armature ,0,
6 , weight(1)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(4)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ],
I have changed to this
["swadian_hosen_grey", "Swadian Grey Hose", [("hosen_grey",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_foot_armor |itp_civilian | itp_attach_armature ,0,
6 , weight(1)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(4)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ], [fac_kingdom_1]],
but in a new game it still shows up as the original item, no issues with the texture just the name wont change

my second problem
original code
["nomad_boots", "Nomad Boots", [("nomad_boots_a",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_foot_armor  |itp_civilian | itp_attach_armature,0,
90 , weight(1.25)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(14)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ],

I have duplicated to
["swadian boots", "Swadian Standard Boots", [("nomad_boots_a",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_foot_armor  |itp_civilian | itp_attach_armature,0,
90 , weight(1.25)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(14)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ], [fac_kingdom_1]],

The item does not exist when i check cheatmenu or ingame, this is again on a new game.
I have plans to put them on new troops but havn't got that far yet
Many thanks for any help.

check your module folder items_kinds1.txt, are the changes applied there? The name change and the new item should be in there.

as you are using modsys you shouldnt have to worry about extending the cheat menu - as long you add them in the proper position -, just make sure you are checking the proper item ID (ID_items.py for the index number)

Code:
itm_no_item = 0
itm_tutorial_spear = 1
itm_tutorial_club = 2
itm_tutorial_battle_axe = 3
itm_tutorial_arrows = 4
as the cheat inventory is just a trading screen with multiple pages, each page has a small sample of those items by order of the index (0, 1, 2, ..., 50, 51, 52, ..., )

Thank you for the reply.
The items_kinds1.txt does not contain the new items and the renamed items still have there original names and the ID_items.py does not have the new items in either but contains the renamed items with there original names aswell.
I really have not got a clue about this thought it would be really simple to do.

markfamily said:
The items_kinds1.txt does not contain

you need to edit the modsys files (those .py files), run the compiler (the .bat file) and it will replace the .txt files on your mod folder. See this tutorial https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

KratosMKII said:
Yes. I want to reduce the effect of the skill.

you can do many things, like editing the values from module.ini, or just do the simpliest change that is to reduce the skill limit (from 10 to 7 or 5) on module_skills.py, etc.

Thank you for the reply I have already read the link provided when I first started was a great help.
I think I didn't explain very well im sorry.
I added Narf's Men-at-Arms armour pack and he provided the module system entries which I added to mine, compiled with bat started my mod everything is fine.
Next I wanted to add Swadian to all the item names which I did then compiled compiled with bat but this did not change the itemkind text file or change in game items still kept there original name even through I had changed the item name in module items.
My second problem I duplicated the original nomad boots in module item and added it after the boots from narfs pack, changed the name  in module items to Swadian Standard Boots then compiled compiled with bat but they did not show up in itemkind text or ingame.
I didn't touch the item id py but just checked it now and all the narf items I added to the module item sys are in there with there original name not the changed ones and the duplicated nomad boots entry is not in there but I assumed this was all automatic as I didn't have to touch item id py originally.
Samples of what I did are in the original spoilers.
Hope this helps and many thanks for your time.

markfamily said:
I added Narf's Men-at-Arms armour pack and he provided the module system entries which I added to mine, compiled with bat started my mod everything is fine.
Next I wanted to add Swadian to all the item names which I did then compiled compiled with bat but this did not change the itemkind text file

first double check your module_info.py for the export_dir variable. Open your mod folder and check the date of the files after compilation, as they should be new every time. If the date/time is not changing, something is wrong.

post your compilation log (all that text that comes from the .bat file execution), as you may have a bug with warning/errors in there.

and make sure you are saving your file before compilation. Software like Notepad++ can trick you on that.

Looking for a lil direction on adding a troop to a scene, specifically the conversation scene.
I used (add_troop_to_site, <troop_id>, <scene_id>, <entry_no>), but the troop didn't show.
Is a trigger the best way to add a troop to a scene?
Or can I use a script or even the condition or consequence blocks in dialog?

Iron Sight said:
Looking for a lil direction on adding a troop to a scene, specifically the conversation scene.
I used (add_troop_to_site, <troop_id>, <scene_id>, <entry_no>), but the troop didn't show.
Is a trigger the best way to add a troop to a scene?
Or can I use a script or even the condition or consequence blocks in dialog?
Have a look here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,317313.0.html

I've added this:

Code:
        # OUTPUT: none
        ("update_companion_candidates_in_taverns",
		[
		  (try_begin),
			(eq, "$cheat_mode", 1),
			(display_message, "str_shuffling_companion_locations"),
		  (try_end),

(try_for_range, ":troop_no", companions_begin, companions_end),
			##diplomacy start+ Move this *after* the checks!
			#  (troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center, -1),
			##diplomacy end+
			(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_days_on_mission, 0),
			(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_occupation, slto_inactive),

(neg|troop_slot_ge, ":troop_no", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, 0),
			##diplomacy start+

##
			(troop_get_slot, ":town_no", ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center),
			(try_begin),
				(is_between, ":town_no", towns_begin, towns_end),
				(party_get_slot, ":town_lord", ":town_no", slot_town_lord),
				##zerilius changes begin
				##bug fix for red text
				(ge, ":town_lord", 0),
				##zerilius changes end				
				(this_or_next|eq, ":town_lord", "trp_player"),
				(this_or_next|troop_slot_eq, "trp_player", slot_troop_spouse, ":town_lord"),
					(troop_slot_eq, ":town_lord", slot_troop_spouse, "trp_player"),
			(else_try),
				#Moved from above:
				(troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center, -1),
			(try_end),
			(neg|troop_slot_ge, ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center, 1),
			##diplomacy end+
			(store_random_in_range, ":town_no", towns_begin, towns_end),
			(try_begin),
			  ##diplomacy start+ Remove the "you can't go home again" condition if the player owns the town
			  (assign, ":veto", 0),
			  (try_begin),
				(store_faction_of_party, ":town_faction", ":town_no"),
				(eq, ":town_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
			  (else_try),
			  (else_try),
				#Native veto:
				(this_or_next|troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_home, ":town_no"),
					(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_first_encountered, ":town_no"),
				(assign, ":veto", 1),
			  (try_end),
                          (try_begin),
			  (eq, ":veto", 0),
[color=red]					  ##diplomacy end+
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_18"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc2", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_55"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc3", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_25"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc4", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_47"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc5", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_32"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc6", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_31"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc7", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_3"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc8", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_31"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc9", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_36"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc10", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_19"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc11", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_16"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc12", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_6"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc13", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_32"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc14", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_12"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc15", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_17"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_8"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_12"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc18", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_34"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc19", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_47"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc20", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_48"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc21", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_9"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc22", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_35"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc23", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_41"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc24", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_24"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc25", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_41"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc26", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_40"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc27", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_1"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc28", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_46"),
                  (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc29", slot_troop_cur_center, "p_town_17"),
                  (else_try),
			  (troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center, ":town_no"),
                  (try_end),[/color]
			  (try_begin),
				(eq, "$cheat_mode", 1),
				(str_store_troop_name, 4, ":troop_no"),
				(str_store_party_name, 5, ":town_no"),
				(display_message, "@{!}{s4} is in {s5}.", 0xFFFF66),
			  (try_end),
			(try_end),
		  (try_end),
		 ]),

To the update_companion_candidates_in_taverns script. What I wanted to do now was add a condition where the companion will not appear until certain conditions have been fulfilled. Like this:

Code:
                  (else_try),
                  (eq, "$g_war_of_five_kings", 1),
                  (else_try),

However, even when the condition is triggered, there's no npc29 in town_17.

What have I done wrongly?

Cozur said:
I've added this:

Code:
        # OUTPUT: none
        ("update_companion_candidates_in_taverns",
		[
		  (try_begin),
			(eq, "$cheat_mode", 1),
			(display_message, "str_shuffling_companion_locations"),
		  (try_end),

(try_for_range, ":troop_no", companions_begin, companions_end),
			##diplomacy start+ Move this *after* the checks!
			#  (troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center, -1),
			##diplomacy end+
			(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_days_on_mission, 0),
			(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_occupation, slto_inactive),

(neg|troop_slot_ge, ":troop_no", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, 0),
			##diplomacy start+

##
			(troop_get_slot, ":town_no", ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center),
			(try_begin),
				(is_between, ":town_no", towns_begin, towns_end),
				##zerilius changes begin
				##bug fix for red text
				##zerilius changes end				
			(else_try),
				#Moved from above:
				(troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center, -1),
			(try_end),
			(neg|troop_slot_ge, ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center, 1),
			##diplomacy end+
			(store_random_in_range, ":town_no", towns_begin, towns_end),
			(try_begin),
			  ##diplomacy start+ Remove the "you can't go home again" condition if the player owns the town
			  (assign, ":veto", 0),
			  (try_begin),
				(store_faction_of_party, ":town_faction", ":town_no"),
				(eq, ":town_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
			  (else_try),
			  (else_try),
				#Native veto:
				(this_or_next|troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_home, ":town_no"),
					(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_first_encountered, ":town_no"),
				(assign, ":veto", 1),
			  (try_end),
                          (try_begin),
			  (eq, ":veto", 0),
[color=red]					  ##diplomacy end+
                  (else_try),
                  (try_end),[/color]
			  (try_begin),
				(eq, "$cheat_mode", 1),
				(str_store_troop_name, 4, ":troop_no"),
				(str_store_party_name, 5, ":town_no"),
				(display_message, "@{!}{s4} is in {s5}.", 0xFFFF66),
			  (try_end),
			(try_end),
		  (try_end),
		 ]),

To the update_companion_candidates_in_taverns script. What I wanted to do now was add a condition where the companion will not appear until certain conditions have been fulfilled. Like this:

Code:
                  (else_try),
                  (else_try),

However, even when the condition is triggered, there's no npc29 in town_17.

What have I done wrongly?
You forgot to put an end_try at the end of your trigger. So it should be
Code:
(else_try),
(end_try),

Problem solved I was adding the duplicate items with the new items when I should have put them at the end of the new added items now they are there, still cannot change the names of the added items but I think it is a similar solution so now its time to kit out my first troops, fingers crossed there is no more problems.
Another quick question whilst looking at the item module there are a lot of items disabled like broad sword, sabres, bastard sword and piles of armours was there a reason for this and are the items usable.
Many thanks again for all your help.

markfamily said:
Problem solved I was adding the duplicate items with the new items when I should have put them at the end of the new added items now they are there, still cannot change the names of the added items but I think it is a similar solution so now its time to kit out my first troops, fingers crossed there is no more problems.
Another quick question whilst looking at the item module there are a lot of items disabled like broad sword, sabres, bastard sword and piles of armours was there a reason for this and are the items usable.
Many thanks again for all your help.
Normally you shouldn't have any problems with renaming your items...
For the items which are commented out, I think most of them should work if you remove the #.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom