Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I make it so that when a Spirited/Heavy/Champion horse is lamed, it doesn't lose the positive modifier?

This can't possibly be hardcoded, can it? I found nothing in the modsys files.

aleeque said:
How do I make it so that when a Spirited/Heavy/Champion horse is lamed, it doesn't lose the positive modifier?

This can't possibly be hardcoded, can it? I found nothing in the modsys files.
Would somehow be weired to have a lamed Champion horse, so it makes sense that the horse loses the positive modifier. It could be possible if there is a script which assigns the modifiers that specific horses cannot get another modifier. It only wouldn't make any sense to have a crippled Champion horse with no negative effects, so you should make sure that these combination isn't possible.

What I mean is, when a lamed horse that previously had a Champion/Spirited/Heavy modifier, heals, it retains said modifier instead of becoming a regular horse.

There's nothing in modsys code about this that I could find.

Guys, I want team_0 and team_3 stand ground, team_1 and team_2 charge, but all team use stand_ground order, where is the problem?
(
    "istanbul_baskin",mtf_battle_mode,-1,
    "Default town visit",
    [
  (0,mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(1,mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,15,[]),
(2,mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,15,[]),

# (1,mtef_defenders|mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
# (2,mtef_defenders|mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
(3,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(4,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(5,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(6,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(7,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(8,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(9,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(10,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(11,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(12,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),

(13,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(14,mtef_team_2,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,15,[]),

#(21,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
#(22,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
#(23,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
#(24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
#(25,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
    ],
    [

(0, 0, 0,
      [(eq, "$herkes_dursun", 1),

#(scene_prop_get_instance, ":flag_id", "spr_ramp_small_a", 0),
#(scene_prop_get_instance, ":flag_id_2", "spr_siege_ladder_6m", 0), (scene_prop_set_visibility, ":flag_id", 100),(scene_prop_set_visibility, ":flag_id_2", 100),
        ], [(set_show_messages, 0),
        (team_give_order, 0, grc_everyone, mordr_stand_ground),
        (team_give_order, 1, grc_everyone, mordr_charge),
        (team_give_order, 2, grc_everyone, mordr_charge),
        (team_give_order, 3, grc_everyone, mordr_stand_ground),
        (set_show_messages, 1), ]),
(0, 42, ti_once,  #in scene after 45 sec team_0 and 3 charge, working..
      [
#(scene_prop_get_instance, ":flag_id_2", "spr_siege_ladder_6m", 0), (scene_prop_set_visibility, ":flag_id", 100),(scene_prop_set_visibility, ":flag_id_2", 100),
        ], [(assign, "$herkes_dursun", 0),
        (set_show_messages, 0),
        (team_give_order, 0, grc_everyone, mordr_charge),
        (team_give_order, 3, grc_everyone, mordr_charge),
(ti_before_mission_start, 0, ti_once,
      [
        (team_set_relation, 0, 2, 1),
        (team_set_relation, 1, 3, 1),
        ], []),

frozenpainter said:
Guys, I want team_0 and team_3 stand ground, team_1 and team_2 charge, but all team use stand_ground order, where is the problem?
(
    "istanbul_baskin",mtf_battle_mode,-1,
    "Default town visit",
    [
  (0,mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(1,mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,15,[]),
(2,mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,15,[]),

# (1,mtef_defenders|mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
# (2,mtef_defenders|mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
(3,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(4,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(5,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(6,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(7,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(8,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(9,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(10,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(11,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(12,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),

(13,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(14,mtef_team_2,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,15,[]),

#(21,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
#(22,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
#(23,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
#(24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
#(25,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
    ],
    [

(0, 0, 0,
      [(eq, "$herkes_dursun", 1),

], [(set_show_messages, 0),
        (team_give_order, 0, grc_everyone, mordr_stand_ground),
        (team_give_order, 1, grc_everyone, mordr_charge),
        (team_give_order, 2, grc_everyone, mordr_charge),
        (team_give_order, 3, grc_everyone, mordr_stand_ground),
(0, 42, ti_once,  #in scene after 45 sec team_0 and 3 charge, working..
      [
        ], [(assign, "$herkes_dursun", 0),
        (set_show_messages, 0),
        (team_give_order, 0, grc_everyone, mordr_charge),
        (team_give_order, 3, grc_everyone, mordr_charge),
(ti_before_mission_start, 0, ti_once,
      [
        (team_set_relation, 0, 2, 1),
        (team_set_relation, 1, 3, 1),
        ], []),
You either give the orders to wrong team id's or the orders are getting overwritten somewhere else. Double check that.
Btw.. why the heck do you apply the oders every frame?

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
Which one are you trying to change? And give us also the snippet of the lines which you have put in (together with the ones from the whole block of the respective UI which you want to change)

All text in the game. Main menu I can find, custom battles I can't. Starting a new game and selecting male/female I can find, but the rest of the character selection I can't. It's not an absolute deal breaker that I can't change text colour, but it is a shame since it's a good way to give a mod its own distinct visual style.

I've changed all of the 0xFF colours in game_variables and module_game_menus. Either I've missed something, the colours for the rest of the text are stored elsewhere, or for some reason some colours are (seemingly arbitrarily) hardcoded.

Code:
char_b_attribs_base_position_x = 0
char_b_attribs_base_position_y = 0.17
char_b_attribs_base_size_x = 0.15
char_b_attribs_base_size_y = 0.03
char_b_attribs_base_text_color = 0xFFFFFFFF
char_b_attribs_base_highlight_text_color = 0xFFD3E2E8
char_b_attribs_base_text_flags = 0x4
char_b_attribs_base_text_size_x = 0.02
char_b_attribs_base_text_size_y = 0.02

Is the sort of thing I'm looking for. I can edit these colours just fine, but the menus prior to this don't seem to be editable. There are colour values in module_scripts but they don't seem to be related; I may be wrong.

BeefBacon said:
[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
Which one are you trying to change? And give us also the snippet of the lines which you have put in (together with the ones from the whole block of the respective UI which you want to change)

All text in the game. Main menu I can find, custom battles I can't. Starting a new game and selecting male/female I can find, but the rest of the character selection I can't. It's not an absolute deal breaker that I can't change text colour, but it is a shame since it's a good way to give a mod its own distinct visual style.

I've changed all of the 0xFF colours in game_variables and module_game_menus. Either I've missed something, the colours for the rest of the text are stored elsewhere, or for some reason some colours are (seemingly arbitrarily) hardcoded.

Code:
char_b_attribs_base_position_x = 0
char_b_attribs_base_position_y = 0.17
char_b_attribs_base_size_x = 0.15
char_b_attribs_base_size_y = 0.03
char_b_attribs_base_text_color = 0xFFFFFFFF
char_b_attribs_base_highlight_text_color = 0xFFD3E2E8
char_b_attribs_base_text_flags = 0x4
char_b_attribs_base_text_size_x = 0.02
char_b_attribs_base_text_size_y = 0.02

Is the sort of thing I'm looking for. I can edit these colours just fine, but the menus prior to this don't seem to be editable. There are colour values in module_scripts but they don't seem to be related; I may be wrong.
I remember that sometimes I have had to add the extra line for the text colour but I also haven't made bug changes there, most of my changes have been in the positions. So even with the line base_text_color it doesn't change the colour for the respective text?

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
I remember that sometimes I have had to add the extra line for the text colour but I also haven't made bug changes there, most of my changes have been in the positions. So even with the line base_text_color it doesn't change the colour for the respective text?

No it changes the colour for that text, there just doesn't seem to be the option to change the colour for other lines of text. It never occurred to me to add the line in myself. I might give that a go.

-

Hoooly **** that actually worked. I did a thing and it didn't break. I am Hackerman. Now I just need to do that to all the text that doesn't seem to want to change, though actually finding and identifying might be a bit tricky.

BeefBacon said:
[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:

No it changes the colour for that text, there just doesn't seem to be the option to change the colour for other lines of text. It never occurred to me to add the line in myself. I might give that a go.

-

Hoooly **** that actually worked. I did a thing and it didn't break. I am Hackerman. Now I just need to do that to all the text that doesn't seem to want to change, though actually finding and identifying might be a bit tricky.
I found your first message irritating but with your edit I understood it now  :lol:
At game_variables, some few lines can be added without breaking anything. It works for sure if you see one text block with a line which the others don't have. You can then simply apply it to the others there as well. Have fun  :grin:

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
BeefBacon said:
[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:

-

I found your first message irritating but with your edit I understood it now  :lol:
At game_variables, some few lines can be added without breaking anything. It works for sure if you see one text block with a line which the others don't have. You can then simply apply it to the others there as well. Have fun  :grin:

Yeah, sorry, I could have been a bit clearer. Thanks for your help.

Might be some stupid error but I can't figure it out. I have added horses to my mod and somehow the horse animation isn't working anymore (haven't checked if it did before though since I haven't had horses inside yet). It is loading normally the horse animation in ani_horse_mounted from the commonRes (so it's in the module.ini).
Short video can be seen here (I am not the best at making videos ^^):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/411291053702774784/561332611276996608/avc_mb_warband_2019-03-30_00-27-50-87.mp4

Where do I have to look for my error? Does someone have an idea?

Edit: I also just realised that there is no sound while riding, only while the horse jumps.

[Solved]
I have had commented out some animations with muskets and pistols (not sure anymore why :facepalm: ), saw it while comparing the backup file with the original one. Thanks for the hint, Masterancza/Garedyr!
Now it is working again. Seems like a horse doesn't want to walk normally without the pistol animation  :lol:

Hello everyone!

I have a very simple question for all the experienced modders out there.

Is it possible to create a module that contains:

-Diplomacy
-Pre Battle Orders+Deployment
-Custom Troop Trees
-Freelancer
-Better Faces

I would like to start working on my own mod, and I was hoping to use these 5 mods as a base. If it is indeed possible, would I have to use a "compiler"? Like the one called "W.R.E.C.K" by Lav?

Vigilante said:
Hello everyone!

I have a very simple question for all the experienced modders out there.

Is it possible to create a module that contains:

-Diplomacy
-Pre Battle Orders+Deployment
-Custom Troop Trees
-Freelancer
-Better Faces

I would like to start working on my own mod, and I was hoping to use these 4 mods as a base.
Yes, it is possible. You will only have to do it by yourself  :wink:

Alright! So I suppose, I will have to use Diplomacy as a base module and add the other mods in it?

frozenpainter said:
How can I stop a progress animation?

You can either start a different animation with higher priority or use WSE (it adds operation that makes current animation for agent stop).

amf_priority_jump          = 2
amf_priority_ride          = 2
amf_priority_continue      = 1
amf_priority_attack        = 10
amf_priority_cancel        = 12
amf_priority_defend        = 14
amf_priority_defend_parry  = amf_priority_defend + 1
amf_priority_throw          = amf_priority_defend + 1
amf_priority_blocked        = amf_priority_defend_parry
amf_priority_parried        = amf_priority_defend_parry
amf_priority_kick          = 33
amf_priority_jump_end      = 33
amf_priority_reload        = 60
amf_priority_mount          = 64
amf_priority_equip          = 70
amf_priority_rear          = 74
amf_priority_striked        = 80
amf_priority_fall_from_horse= 81
amf_priority_die            = 95

For example - if your animation's priority used by agent is amf_priority_fall_from_horse then you would need to use amf_priority_die animation to override it.

Hey, I was wondering with this operation:

(prop_instance_add_particle_system, <scene_prop_id>, <par_sys_id>, <position_no>), # position is local, not global.

How does the "position is local, not global" thing work? And how would I go about getting position? Would it just be with ordinary prop instance get position? Also, and finally, would this work as a serverside operation? The only particle based operations I have so far been able to use is "particle system burst", but would really like a means to add it to a prop and let clients see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom