Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
imado552 said:
This invalid id is confusing me since my troop's id doesn't even reach 1300+ with all of the multi troops. So I'm confused why the troop Id is invalid
And my troop was added just after walker_end troop

look at your code
see where the troop id comes from
now check why that id is so high (and invalid) and what you did wrong in the process

So i trying to add this to my mod but every time i do the overhead stab with a spear my character does the tavern eat/drink animation instead. What i'm doing wrong? I added the .brf provided, modified the module.ini as instructed, replaced the animations, did the changes to the header_items.py and finally added the respective flags to the items.

KratosMKII said:
So i trying to add this to my mod but every time i do the overhead stab with a spear my character does the tavern eat/drink animation instead.

check the ID of the animations. The ones that are hardcoded like the spear attacks should keep the original ID. New stuff that is manually set like tavern should use the "unused" animations IDs

so I heard that Lods are good when trying to improve performance in scenes--big scenes-- as the scene prop will change to its lod when player is a certain distance from it, is it true?
and if so what about building that are devided to many parts? should I make lods for all of the parts?
Code:
wots_c_c2_keep_1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.1,
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.3, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.3, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.3, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.4, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.4, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.4, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.5, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.5, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.5, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.6, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.6, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.6, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.7, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.7, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.7
Or is this better?
Code:
wots_c_c2_keep_1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.3, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.4, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.5, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.6, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.7
Never mind thing will get so messed up that you will only see lods and you have to stick to the buildings walls for them to desippear and the original prop to come again, true the scene is superb without much lag but just damn....
is there a way to change the distance from player where the lods will appear and desippear?

New question: How do i make archers drop their quivers upon death? This seen to be default in normal field battles but not in sieges.

kalarhan said:
KratosMKII said:
So i trying to add this to my mod but every time i do the overhead stab with a spear my character does the tavern eat/drink animation instead.

check the ID of the animations. The ones that are hardcoded like the spear attacks should keep the original ID. New stuff that is manually set like tavern should use the "unused" animations IDs
The IDs are the same as vanilla. I commented the original animations and added the replacements below them.

KratosMKII said:
New question: How do i make archers drop their quivers upon death? This seen to be default in normal field battles but not in sieges.

kalarhan said:
KratosMKII said:

The IDs are the same as vanilla. I commented the original animations and added the replacements below them.
Make sure the animation you added is using the right, well, animation. :razz:

Otherwise, it is an ID problem.

imado552 said:
so I heard that Lods are good when trying to improve performance in scenes--big scenes-- as the scene prop will change to its lod when player is a certain distance from it, is it true?
and if so what about building that are devided to many parts? should I make lods for all of the parts?
Code:
wots_c_c2_keep_1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.1,
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.3, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.3, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.3, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.4, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.4, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.4, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.5, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.5, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.5, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.6, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.6, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.6, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.7, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod1.7, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.lod2.7
Or is this better?
Code:
wots_c_c2_keep_1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.1, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.2, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.3, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.4, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.5, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.6, 
wots_c_c2_keep_1.7
Never mind thing will get so messed up that you will only see lods and you have to stick to the buildings walls for them to desippear and the original prop to come again, true the scene is superb without much lag but just damn....
is there a way to change the distance from player where the lods will appear and desippear?
Make sure that all sub-meshes have the same number of LODs. You can just exclude .lod1 and maybe .lod2 if you want them to have full detail from further away. You could also rename them if, say, you want to use the .lod1 quality from .lod3 distance.

Ruthven said:
Make sure that all sub-meshes have the same number of LODs. You can just exclude .lod1 and maybe .lod2 if you want them to have full detail from further away. You could also rename them if, say, you want to use the .lod1 quality from .lod3 distance.
I had them all with the same number, so I guess if I want them to have let's say some details from afar but while near them they have the full details, I should keep only .lod3 and .lod4?

Ruthven said:
KratosMKII said:

kalarhan said:
KratosMKII said:

Make sure the animation you added is using the right, well, animation. :razz:

Otherwise, it is an ID problem.
Yes they are. I double checked and the name is the same as the animation in the .brf
["ready_overswing_musket", acf_rot_vertical_sword| acf_overswing, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_use_inertia|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction|amf_rider_rot_thrust,
  [ready_durn, "1h_spear_thrust_overhead", 0, 20, blend_in_ready],
],
And the .brf is loaded by module.ini.

By ID problem what do you mean? I substituted the default animations with others with the same ID but different animation.

KratosMKII said:
By ID problem what do you mean? I substituted the default animations with others with the same ID but different animation.

check the ID_xxxx.py file to see if the numbers are exactly the same

Code:
anim_release_overswing_spear = 479

if not you are either using the wrong animations (BRF) or the wrong flags on the item.

what are all of the related scripts to town walkers spawning other than
Code:
  # script.center_set_walker_to_type
  # script.center_remove_walker_type_from_walkers
  # script.cf_center_get_free_walker
  # script.init_town_walkers
  # script.init_town_agent
  # script.init_town_walker_agents
Since I'm still getting an invalid troop error!
@@@@ This, I checked every related script, the above. created the related constants troops everything screw it, I get invalid troop error and if I'm lucky for my game to not crash, I get to see two troops spawned in my entry points one a farmer who speaks like a guard and the other is a temp troop who wants to fight with me hell! I can't even fight him to vent my frustration!!
Please Help me! GOD!!

Somebody said:
Are you sure it's the walkers and not the guard troops that use slot_faction_tier_x_troops?
??
I don't use slot_faction_tier_x_troops at all
I use slot_faction_guards/castle_guards
for the guards which works perfectly!
my problem is not being able to get the walker to work other than the town centre scene....because of this invalid troops id error

Edit: Another question, is there a way to allow one type of troop to have many types of dialogues which he/she will use randomly? how do I do that? and is there something I can see to learn?

Is there any number limit for persistent slots in the game? For example in my source, troop slots have been more than 490. I am using over 490 slots to keep/store troop things. Is there any disadvantage about using this much slots? such as broken save risk increase or some other problems in the late game?

Here's the situation:

1. NPC marshall sieges a walled center
2. He conquer it
3. Center changes to the NPC's faction
4. The parties involved add troops from their own to the garrison
5. The marshall then briefly lays siege to the center again
6. This is not a problem if you're just observing but if you're enlisted in one of those parties you get the siege menu again and have to battle on the center's side against those parties.

Why does this happen?

Hey, would there be some way to be able to disable something like team chat? I have noticed some people have managed to create global mute modifications, though not sure if this would be related.

Also, is there some way to calculate a players camera position (if they are spectator) or even the position of the player they are following as a spectator in a similar manner to when you normally calculate an agents position?
Thanks,

KratosMKII said:
1257AD. They attack it multiple times in a spam of a few seconds, but don't stay in it enough to suffer or cause casualties. Then they do what they're supposed to do when a siege ends.

so you have two paths:

1) wait for someone that works with this codebase to help you
2) investigate the bug yourself

for 2: start by understanding how the mechanic works. Read the code. Figure out the starting event (a trigger, a menu, a engine hook, etc). Follow the code path. Study the conditions for each path. Use paper and draw a diagram that explains how it works. Use debug messages on any part you cant understand (so you can see it working in the game). Cut code out and try simplier versions.

once you can understand what your code does (could be a 5 minutes or hours long job, depends on your current coding skill) you can solve the bug or post the relevant code here for more general help

kalarhan said:
KratosMKII said:
1257AD. They attack it multiple times in a spam of a few seconds, but don't stay in it enough to suffer or cause casualties. Then they do what they're supposed to do when a siege ends.

so you have two paths:

1) wait for someone that works with this codebase to help you
2) investigate the bug yourself

for 2: start by understanding how the mechanic works. Read the code. Figure out the starting event (a trigger, a menu, a engine hook, etc). Follow the code path. Study the conditions for each path. Use paper and draw a diagram that explains how it works. Use debug messages on any part you cant understand (so you can see it working in the game). Cut code out and try simplier versions.

once you can understand what your code does (could be a 5 minutes or hours long job, depends on your current coding skill) you can solve the bug or post the relevant code here for more general help
Thanks i will do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom