Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
zidozido said:
kalarhan said:
zidozido said:
villagers are roaming in circles in an open field
see a Native village for a example/template. You need to create the AI mesh (used for walking around) and the proper entry points to control where they go to. You can also study the mission template code used for moving them around.

i am so sorry for not clarifying the problem because i didnt provide the information in a clear way my problem that they are roaming in a field  there is no village no buildings nothing except a nice green field so i would like to know where is the village ?
also i have a very weird syntax error when compiling the module and i dont know how to fix it its really annoying as almost every time i add a new thing in the mod i get the same error and fixing it by copy paste the code from a backup but the problem this time that there is no backup :smile: :smile:
here is the error :
Code:
Loading module... FAILED.
MODULE `scenes` ERROR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "compile.py", line 107, in <module>
    from module_scenes import *
  File "F:\Mount and Blade - Warband\Modules\Alpujarras Wars V.4 test\code\module_scenes.py", line 2139
    try:
      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

COMPILATION FAILED.

Press any key to continue . . .

and here is the code
Code:
("enterprise_tannery",sf_generate,"ch_meet_steppe_a", "bo_encounter_spot", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0x000000012004480500040902000041cb00005ae800000ff5",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_winery",sf_indoors,"winery_interior", "bo_winery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_mill",sf_indoors,"mill_interior", "bo_mill_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_smithy",sf_indoors,"smithy_interior", "bo_smithy_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_dyeworks",sf_indoors,"weavery_interior", "bo_weavery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_linen_weavery",sf_indoors,"weavery_interior", "bo_weavery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_wool_weavery",sf_indoors,"weavery_interior", "bo_weavery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_brewery",sf_indoors,"brewery_interior", "bo_brewery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_oil_press",sf_indoors,"oil_press_interior", "bo_oil_press_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),

try:
 component_name = "scenes"
 var_set = { "scenes" : troops }
 from modmerger import modmerge
 modmerge(var_set)
except:
 raise
# modmerger_end

# modmerger_end
You probably pasted the code (enterprise stuff) after the end bracket of the file. Search for it and paste the code before. It should be like this:
Code:
and here is the code 
[code]("enterprise_tannery",sf_generate,"ch_meet_steppe_a", "bo_encounter_spot", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0x000000012004480500040902000041cb00005ae800000ff5",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_winery",sf_indoors,"winery_interior", "bo_winery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_mill",sf_indoors,"mill_interior", "bo_mill_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_smithy",sf_indoors,"smithy_interior", "bo_smithy_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_dyeworks",sf_indoors,"weavery_interior", "bo_weavery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_linen_weavery",sf_indoors,"weavery_interior", "bo_weavery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_wool_weavery",sf_indoors,"weavery_interior", "bo_weavery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_brewery",sf_indoors,"brewery_interior", "bo_brewery_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("enterprise_oil_press",sf_indoors,"oil_press_interior", "bo_oil_press_interior", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),

] ############ end bracket

try:
 modmerge(var_set)
except:
 raise
# modmerger_end

# modmerger_end

kalarhan said:
Maglubiyet said:
I want them to attack only when the player is in close range to them. Is there an easy way of doing this?

easy is hard to define, but you have a few options. You can disable the agents, keep them on a neutral team, spawn them at a event (not mission start), etc. See header_operations.py for the agents AI operations.

now if you need a example you can just check the Native mission template "bandit_lair", which uses a mix of custom AI (controlling destination), distance trigger, and alarming state.

KratosMKII said:
And i suppose the troop can be killed by using troop_set_health and set it to 0?
the soldiers on a scene are not troops, they are agents. So look for the agents operations instead.

to detect horse dying you can use trigger
Code:
ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded = -26.0 # Agent has been defeated in battle (killed or wounded)
    # trigger param 1 = defeated agent_id
    # trigger param 2 = attacker agent_id
    # trigger param 3 = wounded flag: 0 = agent is killed, 1 = agent is wounded
    # If (set_trigger_result) with non-zero parameter is used in the code, it will override the agent's fate. Use value of 1 to force kill, and 2 to force wounded.
you can use the same trigger to avoid horseman death
Janycz said:
KratosMKII said:
Thank you. And i suppose the troop can be killed by using troop_set_health and set it to 0?
You should use the command 'agent_deliver_damage_to_agent' for kill an agent (troop):
(agent_deliver_damage_to_agent, <agent_id_deliverer>, <agent_id>, <value>)
e.g. (agent_deliver_damage_to_agent, ":agent_for_kill", -1, 300) or (agent_deliver_damage_to_agent, ":agent_for_kill", ":agent_for_kill", 300)
Thanks this did it. Coming up nicely:
THoV8hT.jpg
I used Caba'drin code that makes de-horsed riders become infantry since it was already there. Injected a code that checks a random chance of 20%. If true they fall dead/unconscious.

I'm experiencing a problem with moving cities with Morgh's editor, once I've moved a town entering the "streets" scene causes a ctd! My re-scened taverns, jails and castles all work but the town scene gives me a crash every time.

Is this expected behavior? if so what can I do to fix this with text edits?

cheers for any help with this,

and thanks NPC99 for the advice on openBRF, that'll really help!

EDIT: little bit more info, been at it off and on since post. still no where. there is definitley something wrong somewhere.
I moved one town towards the beggining of my modding process and had no troubles with it, everything worked fine. However if I move one more city all town street scenes (even settlements I've not altered in any way) cause ctd at "streets scene". Here's a weird thing though- If I move that extra city back to exactly where it was with morgh's editor I'll start a new game it'll still crash but I restore a parties.txt from before I made the edits everything is ok, but moving one more city causes ctds everywhere.

really hoping someone can help me with this becuase I can't turn up anything with searches.

KratosMKII said:
zidozido said:
kalarhan said:
zidozido said:
see a Native village for a example/template. You need to create the AI mesh (used for walking around) and the proper entry points to control where they go to. You can also study the mission template code used for moving them around.

i am so sorry for not clarifying the problem because i didnt provide the information in a clear way my problem that they are roaming in a field  there is no village no buildings nothing except a nice green field so i would like to know where is the village ?
also i have a very weird syntax error when compiling the module and i dont know how to fix it its really annoying as almost every time i add a new thing in the mod i get the same error and fixing it by copy paste the code from a backup but the problem this time that there is no backup :smile: :smile:
here is the error :
Code:
MODULE `scenes` ERROR:
  File "F:\Mount and Blade - Warband\Modules\Alpujarras Wars V.4 test\code\module_scenes.py", line 2139
    try:
      ^

COMPILATION FAILED.

and here is the code
Code:
("enterprise_tannery",sf_generate,"ch_meet_steppe_a", "bo_encounter_spot", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0x000000012004480500040902000041cb00005ae800000ff5",
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),

try:
 modmerge(var_set)
except:
 raise
# modmerger_end

# modmerger_end
You probably pasted the code (enterprise stuff) after the end bracket of the file. Search for it and paste the code before. It should be like this:
Code:
and here is the code 
[code]("enterprise_tannery",sf_generate,"ch_meet_steppe_a", "bo_encounter_spot", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0x000000012004480500040902000041cb00005ae800000ff5",
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),

try:
 modmerge(var_set)
except:
 raise
# modmerger_end

# modmerger_end

the problem is i didnt paste enterprise stuff the modification i did to the file was copy paste some village scenes to increase no. of villages and to try to fix the no village problem i tried to add bracket as you told me but it still give error

edit : i fixed it thanks guys but now with the other major problem which is where is the village the village elder and townsmen are there but there is no village only an open field

zidozido said:
KratosMKII said:
zidozido said:
kalarhan said:
zidozido said:

here is the error :
Code:
MODULE `scenes` ERROR:
    try:
      ^

COMPILATION FAILED.

and here is the code
Code:
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),

try:
 modmerge(var_set)
except:
 raise
# modmerger_end

# modmerger_end
Code:
and here is the code 
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),
    [],[]),

try:
 modmerge(var_set)
except:
 raise
# modmerger_end

# modmerger_end

the problem is i didnt paste enterprise stuff the modification i did to the file was copy paste some village scenes to increase no. of villages and to try to fix the no village problem i tried to add bracket as you told me but it still give error
You're getting the error because there's scene things AFTER the bracket (you don't need to add another one). It's supposed to be there at the end before the modmerger stuff.

twinsens said:
once I've moved a town

proper describe your process and explain what you meant by "moving". Include your code before and after.

imado552 said:
MODULE `mission_templates` ERROR:
failed to parse element #24
  failed to parse element #0
    not enough elements in module `mission_templates` entity `arena_melee_fight`
(4 total): (-19.0, 0, 0, 'list[len=30]')
syntax error on a mission_template. Name is above.

ok my problem now that the village buildings dont appear when i take a walk around the village only an open field and and all townsmen roaming in a circle

kalarhan said:
twinsens said:
once I've moved a town

proper describe your process and explain what you meant by "moving". Include your code before and after.

imado552 said:
MODULE `mission_templates` ERROR:
failed to parse element #24
  failed to parse element #0
    not enough elements in module `mission_templates` entity `arena_melee_fight`
(4 total): (-19.0, 0, 0, 'list[len=30]')
syntax error on a mission_template. Name is above.

kalarhan said:
twinsens said:
once I've moved a town

Morgh's editor has a x/y pos for each entry in parties.txt, by changing these x/y values  they're corresponding town will be re-positioned.

My module will begin crashing (with no error message) after i've moved two towns. one is fine but if I move a second all street scenes will crash. if I use Morgh's editor to reset the second town back to where it was it makes no difference but if i restore an old backup just before the second edit was made I'm fine.

I guess the closest I can get to showing "code" would be the entries in parties.txt before and after a move that causes this problem.

1 32 32 p_town_12 Wersi 4219916 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 -1.200000 108.900000 -1.200000 108.900000 -1.200000 108.900000 0.0 0

1 32 32 p_town_12 Wersi 4219916 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 2.140000 88.900000 2.140000 88.900000 2.140000 88.900000 0.0 0

so in that second edit is something that breaks every street scene in my mod, how could that occur?

twinsens said:
so in that second edit is something that breaks every street scene in my mod, how could that occur?

check the ID of your town before and after (line of code), it should be the same, as you cant change the ID reference with a .txt edit.

you can also edit your parties.txt manually (without Morgh`s) to check if something is wrong with the tool. Unless you are breaking your parties.txt syntax it shouldnt cause any issues with the scenes at all.

and if you want to work on a safe enviroment you should move on to the modsys instead (you can still use Morgh`s for some things with it).

didn't occur to me to try manually! that doable and i'll certianly give that a go.

I'd rather attach electrodes to my temples than do a 5th attempt at setting up python. same result.

twinsens said:
at setting up python

you know that you just need to download the installer and choose the automatic option to set the enviroment variable, right? It is off by default, so most people ignore/skip that (quite important) step.

sorry for asking the question another time but how to fix the village that when i enter i dont find a village i find a bunch of townsman roaming in circles and their village elder is there another problem that i put a faction on an island but the problem is that i see them running towards the shore and cant go to sail what should i do to make them move to and from their island ?

zidozido said:
sorry for asking the question another time but how to fix the village that when i enter i dont find a village

check your start-up script that sets the scenes used by a village (via slots)

Code:
	  # Villages characters
      (try_for_range, ":village_no", villages_begin, villages_end),
        (store_sub, ":offset", ":village_no", villages_begin),

(store_add, ":exterior_scene_no", "scn_village_1", ":offset"),
        (party_set_slot,":village_no", slot_castle_exterior, ":exterior_scene_no"),

(store_add, ":store_troop_no", "trp_village_1_elder", ":offset"),
        (party_set_slot,":village_no", slot_town_elder, ":store_troop_no"),

(party_set_slot,":village_no", slot_party_type, spt_village),
        (party_set_slot,":village_no", slot_village_raided_by, -1),

(call_script, "script_refresh_village_defenders", ":village_no"),
      (try_end),

above shows how Native uses slot_castle_exterior to connect a village scene to a village party.

A few seconds into the game and "pt_training_ground_3" (the one in the snow) jumps to another location. I've seen this happen in another mod too, thinking it might be a common problem. Although it's nothing major, what might be causing this?

Maglubiyet said:
A few seconds into the game and "pt_training_ground_3" (the one in the snow) jumps to another location. I've seen this happen in another mod too, thinking it might be a common problem. Although it's nothing major, what might be causing this?

you know the party name
you know what the event is (moving)
search for a operation that can set the position of a party
look for that operation and party on your modsys

a example is from Native trigger
Code:
(party_set_position, "p_training_ground_3", pos0),

kalarhan said:
zidozido said:
sorry for asking the question another time but how to fix the village that when i enter i dont find a village

check your start-up script that sets the scenes used by a village (via slots)

Code:
	  # Villages characters

(try_end),

above shows how Native uses slot_castle_exterior to connect a village scene to a village party.

i found it and its the same surprisingly 
Code:

(try_end),

(try_for_range, ":center_no", centers_begin, centers_end),
        (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_center_last_spotted_enemy, -1),
        (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_center_is_besieged_by, -1),
        (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_center_last_taken_by_troop, -1),
      (try_end),

so what is the problem ?

zidozido said:
so what is the problem ?

you need to check your actual values, so debug your game by using a savegame file editor or debug messages, and check if you forgot something (like you put the village outside the villages range).

kalarhan said:
Maglubiyet said:

you know the party name
you know what the event is (moving)
search for a operation that can set the position of a party
look for that operation and party on your modsys

a example is from Native trigger
Code:
(party_set_position, "p_training_ground_3", pos0),

Thanks, man. I should've looked into simple_triggers before asking the question here, sorry for taking your time.

I have one more question. I looked into files, searched for it on forums but couldn't find an answer. Is it possible to disable ragdolls for only some of the skins?

kalarhan said:
zidozido said:
so what is the problem ?

you need to check your actual values, so debug your game by using a savegame file editor or debug messages, and check if you forgot something (like you put the village outside the villages range).
what do you mean by outside the range ?

zidozido said:
kalarhan said:
zidozido said:
so what is the problem ?

what do you mean by outside the range ?

Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom