Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm looking for some infos about Morgh's: I simply want to understand it better. There are several things I dont know. I will bring you the example of the Party Template Editor: I have the options to select "banditness", what is it for? What does it mean?

Or also, below "Flags", I can find "is_ship", "is_static", "label_small", "label_medium", where do I find more informations about these things? I have no idea what they mean.

Heinrik von Waiblingen said:
Or also, below "Flags", I can find "is_ship", "is_static", "label_small", "label_medium", where do I find more informations about these things? I have no idea what they mean.

best place is to look at modsys and it tutorials, even if you want to use a .txt tool for the small stuff when modding.

Example: is_ship -> used to mark the party as in the water, so it uses the ship icon (not the horse icon)
              is_static -> static party, as in, it doesnt move. Like a town. Different from a caravan or a lord army.

I was looking in the modsys right now. In module_party_templates they tell me to take a look in "header parties", where I see a list of flags, but no explanation at all! Do we have a list somewhere that I can use to read the explanations for every flag?

Heinrik von Waiblingen said:
can use to read the explanations for every flag?

you can check the tutorial section or old wikis, some of it will be there. But the easiest way is to use the modsys itself (like mentioned above) + your own interpretation. Stuff is usually named in a easy to read format, like "is_ship". That clearly is "is this thingy a ship or not a ship". Then you look who uses that if still in doubt.

Take another example: the labels (small/medium/big). Which types of parties use them? And why? As a player you already knows that towns/castles/villages have labels, with different font sizes. Relate that to the variables and how they are used, and you should be able to link the name with the in-game application.

If you are asking about a official documentation with all this explained by TW ... then no, there isn't such a thingy. Maybe in Bannerlord. But not in Warband.

After a few days/weeks with modding you just learn how to quickly pick up those name conventions and it all becomes clear. You just need to survive the first phase.

Hi

Can you explain to me where I could found the objet missing for mesh?

get_objet failed for mesh: map_camp_plain

15201497431663104761.jpg

1520150407982517700.jpg

I checked the files  Resource and Texture, but without success...

Thank you.

Hi!
I'm quite new to modding, and I've came across the following problem, when I tested the poleaxe I made:
20180303164447_1.jpg
As you can see, the blood stains are aligned along the faces of the model, and it looks plain ugly. Is it possible to change this alignment, to make it look more "natural" without changing the model itself?

lolitablue said:
get_objet failed for mesh: map_camp_plain

mesh of a map_camp_plain, looks like a icon (world map). So start by searching your module files for it (likely on module_map_icons.py), locate the mesh (use "XXX"), and see which element (like a map icon) is suppose to use it. Is that configuration correct? Then use OpenBRF to search your BRF files and see if the mesh exists, has the correct name, is defined on the module.ini file, etc

this, as a example
Code:
  ("camp",mcn_no_shadow,"camp_tent", 0.13, 0),
map_camp uses mesh "camp_tent"

kalarhan said:
KnightV said:
I got 39 errors "not enough banners for heroes ". How to fix ? What i have missed ?

search you modsys for that phrase and it will take you to the code and the rules you failed to follow.

I have , i know english bad and english modding , too . It tells something about scene props but i dont understand . If you can describe me deeply and simply what i have done wrong - go , it will be cool from your side . Great thank for you

I seem to be having some random script, string, debug issues from out of nowhere. When you start a game you randomly get the some caravan attacked message 4 times before it gives you the stat 4, 4, 4,4 message and sends you to character creation. I just hashed out the cheat mode debug message for that although it was weird that even with cheat mode off it just does that at the start.

Big one now is that when you purchase recruits the message which comes up on screen is supposed to be...

(display_message, "@{reg6} spent hiring recruits"),

however the message which comes up is

(display_message, "@Prosperity of {s2} has changed from {s3  which is troop you have hired name} to {s4 which is nothing}."),

That message comes from change_center_prosperity and only when the player owns the location when that script is called. That message appears in every village you purchase recruits from and neither mnu_recruit_volunteers or script_village_recruit_volunteers_recruit call the prosperity script (and that seems to be the only place that message is called.  So 2 things are happening, the hiring recruits message is nto appearing and the prosperity one randomly is in it's place.

Anone have an idea what could be causing this? Quite a few little oddities like this has started to appear recently.

I've got a few problems with quick_strings and strings when I used a "\n" in one of them, it seems to shift all other strings in a weird way. Other than that, I have never seen anything like it

Nameless Warrior said:
Anone have an idea what could be causing this? Quite a few little oddities like this has started to appear recently.

first remember that some menus are hardcoded (their ID), so careful with changing the order/position of the ones in the top of the file (related to new game, camp, character, ...). That can screw the order and break your new game menus and quest.

on quick_strings and string -> make sure you are updating your .txt files. You can check the script .txt code, find the ID of that quick string, and open it to see if the value generated was correct (should be).

(display_message, "@something"), => 1106 1 1585267xxxxxxxxxxxx
quick string base code is 1585267068834414592

I think you are both on to something. I didn't consider it before but the sheer randomness and implausibility that the related scripts are being called significantly suggests that something is causing the quick strings to pull the wrong messages. When you start every battle you are told "you have entered a trap" and "{the leader of the enemy party you are fighting} wants you to keep following his army" instead of the normal tactics messages.

Just need to figure out what could have caused this. I don't believe I have used an / in a message, only ^ and they have always been fine. I will check tonight thoroughly tonight.

on quick_strings and string -> make sure you are updating your .txt files. You can check the script .txt code, find the ID of that quick string, and open it to see if the value generated was correct (should be).

(display_message, "@something"), => 1106 1 1585267xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have found the relevant code starting 1106 for (display_message, "@{reg6} spent hiring recruits"), and it is 158... and then a long number. How des that long number correspond to quick string positioning?

Nameless Warrior said:
How des that long number correspond to quick string positioning?

it is posted above. Each type of data has a mask. You add the ID of the element to the mask (starting at 0) to generate the .txt file, and decrease from it to reverse from the .txt to the ID_xxx.py position.

so a quick_string with ID = 1000 would be => 1585267068834414592 + 1000

if you take a quick string from "quick_strings.txt", the ID is line-2, so at line 150 the ID=148

In Floris, Castles and Towns' garrisons only have troops of its faction. At the start of the game I can see some mercenary troops but after some time the AI disbands them. How can I change this?

kalarhan said:
taro11 said:
How can I change this?

it is not clear if you want to change it on Floris or other mod (copy the idea). Can you be more specific on what base module you are using, including the version?

Yes, sorry. I am using Floris Expanded  v.2.54. There are some mercenary troops in kingdom reinforcements, but I never see them as garrisoned or in lords' party after the start of the game. The AI disbands them and never reinforce with them.

Here is the difference:
Untitled.png

kalarhan said:
Nameless Warrior said:
How des that long number correspond to quick string positioning?

it is posted above. Each type of data has a mask. You add the ID of the element to the mask (starting at 0) to generate the .txt file, and decrease from it to reverse from the .txt to the ID_xxx.py position.

so a quick_string with ID = 1000 would be => 1585267068834414592 + 1000

if you take a quick string from "quick_strings.txt", the ID is line-2, so at line 150 the ID=148

Thanks, I managed to do some calculations to match things up and in the end the answer was clear even without the numbers

qstr_{reg6}_spent_hiring_ {reg6}_spent_hiring_recruits
qstr_Prosperity_of_{s2}_h Prosperity_of_{s2}_has_changed_from_{s3}_to_{s4}.

It seems that when the game tries to call a quickstring it chooses the one beneath it. This matches all the other similar message issues we have been having. Just got to figure out why now. Am trying to see if there is a cut off point where the quickstrings stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom