Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KnightV said:
NPC99 said:
KnightV said:
What do numbers in blocks connected with deaths animations mean?For example [5, " death", bla bla (0.5 ,0.7(0.5,0.7) ],

Every module.*.py file has a description of its tuple structure with its fields listed in order at the start of that file. Module_animations.py is no different. Check those descriptions against the code you are trying to understand.
The is not description there

mC0WX.jpg

Look at the red box. It says Each animation in these arrays contains the following fields:

Hi all,

Question about kingdom ladies: I have created a new faction but rather than creating new lords have simply reorganised existing ones (I've accepted the strange relations some of them have but this doesn't seem too big an issue-unless someone has a fix for this?).

However, changing the ladies faction results in one of them no longer equipping her clothes for some reason? Any ideas?

Thanks!

crankyoldman said:
Are they actually compatible?

probably not (WRECK with modmerger), but you should ask on the 1.172 Diplomacy thread to double check.

that doesn't mean you can't use packs from modmerger, you will simple need to convert them back to normal code (which should be a simple task) or a WRECK plugin.

Radi Jaeger said:
Question about kingdom ladies: I have created a new faction but rather than creating new lords have simply reorganised existing ones (I've accepted the strange relations some of them have but this doesn't seem too big an issue-unless someone has a fix for this?).

However, changing the ladies faction results in one of them no longer equipping her clothes for some reason? Any ideas?
Check guide on adding new factions. Re-use lords is the same as removing lords from some factions, and creating some new ones. Rename them to keep the common pattern (knight_faction_number like knight_1_1), that will make it easier for you.

then review how your code does the distribution of territory, family relations, and faction position. And review your ranges and your constants (module_constants.py).

Are you using Native as your base? Each module can have different ways on how they do this.

crankyoldman said:
KnightV said:
The there is a modmergered diplomacy and how must modders implement diplomacy in their mods

And where is that secret sauce?  That sounds like what I need.

check WRECK tool thread (read OP) to learn more about what it does, what it is, and how to download.
download Diplomacy 1.171+ (that uses WRECK)
use some sort of indentation fix (line_correction) on the source of both, or Diplomacy against Native modsys 1.171+
use a diff tool (like Winmerge) to compare the changes
integrate the changes you want into your own mod

Probably easier to start your mod using the Diplomacy source if you want those features, but the manual integration shouldn't take more than a couple hours of work.

also
kalarhan said:
probably not (WRECK with modmerger), but you should ask on the 1.172 Diplomacy thread to double check.

kalarhan said:
crankyoldman said:
KnightV said:
The there is a modmergered diplomacy and how must modders implement diplomacy in their mods

And where is that secret sauce?  That sounds like what I need.

check WRECK tool thread (read OP) to learn more about what it does, what it is, and how to download.
download Diplomacy 1.171+ (that uses WRECK)
use some sort of indentation fix (line_correction) on the source of both, or Diplomacy against Native modsys 1.171+
use a diff tool (like Winmerge) to compare the changes
integrate the changes you want into your own mod

Probably easier to start your mod using the Diplomacy source if you want those features, but the manual integration shouldn't take more than a couple hours of work.

also
kalarhan said:
I was adding only scripts for 3 days ,and as result,i have stopped .It is difficult to created modmerge source?

KnightV said:
It is difficult to created modmerge source?

it is extra work, and a lot of extra work if you are still developing the mod. And as he uses WRECK, probably not a option  :razz:

if you want to learn more about modmerger, how it works, and how you can create plugins with it, then visit the tool thread and experiment with it. Best way to learn is by doing it.

kalarhan said:
KnightV said:
It is difficult to created modmerge source?

it is extra work, and a lot of extra work if you are still developing the mod. And as he uses WRECK, probably not a option  :razz:

if you want to learn more about modmerger, how it works, and how you can create plugins with it, then visit the tool thread and experiment with it. Best way to learn is by doing it.
You think that i denied development of my mod??Nooo,never ,i will sitting over several months ,always fluding in this topic ,and in result release mod that has many errors and bugs ,but in this sentence the the is key word "release ".Even if all people will crying ,getting at me and my mod i will release it ,my baby , and if you don't to like my mod ,i will like my mod and play it with people who love it as well as i .I played mount and Blade since 2011 and it became the best game in my life.You Know how much games i have played for my life?You can calculate in on your hands .It is flud again ,but i simply want to say it even if you not interested in it.I simply want to ask you one thing: never ask me about things  like "you gave up?","you stopped development " and so on.I will do my mod to the end ,it is my order,if i started it i must finished it .Thanks for the paid attention ,kalarhan

KnightV said:
You think that i denied development of my mod?
Not sure where your rant is coming from. You asked a question: "Is it hard to make a modmerger plugin", and I answered that. In no place there I talked anything about your mod  :razz:. In case that was not clear, that reply was only and only about working with modmerger.

Less drinking ale and more work  :grin:

KnightV said:
thanks for the paid attention ,kalarhan
I take Paypal or Steam credits (jk)

kalarhan said:
I take Paypal or Steam credits

Jesus man, learn modern economics. Real modder currency is WoW gold.

KnightV said:
You think that i denied development of my mod?
Determination alone won't get you anywhere. You basicly trying to build  space shuttle 5 min after coming out of cave with rock and stick.

Hey all,

How does "fixed point" stuff work? I see it all the time, but I don't really understand it.

If I set the fixed point multiplier to 100, and the fixed point I use for my try_for_agents is 300, what does that actually mean? Is that 300 cms? Meters?

Thanks in advance.

Khamukkamu said:
How does "fixed point" stuff work?

for the tech stuff you can google about "floating point calculation"

short answer is that operations use integers (..., -1, 0, 1, 2, ...) - unless stated otherwise -, so if you do something like:  10/3 = 3. What happens if you need more precision? You move the floating point (multiply it by 100, 1000, etc)

Code:
set_fixed_point_multiplier      = 2124 # (set_fixed_point_multiplier, <value>),
                                        # sets the precision of the values that are named as value_fixed_point or destination_fixed_point.
                                        # Default is 1 (every fixed point value will be regarded as an integer)

kalarhan said:
zidozido said:
so what is wrong ?

1) Fix your indentation. You can't really read and understand code like that
  -> you can use the process_line_correction.py to automagically do that. VC modsys has a nice example of this.
  -> you can also see where you have bugs with your blocks (IF-THEN-ELSE) and fix them

2) Add debug code to test your new code, that way you can see it being executed and figure out where things went wrong

3) Make sure to post the entire code of a script when asking for help (after you complete step 1). If it is too big for the forum or something, you can use https://pastebin.com/

KnightV said:
            (agent_unequip_item, ":agent", ":weapon"),

this line is using the wrong variable. Read the code and you will see there is no ":weapon", instead it should be

Code:
(agent_unequip_item, ":agent", ":wielded_item"),
i am sorry but how do i use process_line_correction.py also i dont have vc so how can i see it also can you post family relations code in the correct way so that i can compare it to mine and see what is wrong ?

zidozido said:
i am sorry but how do i use process_line_correction.py also i dont have vc

VC code is open source and available for download https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349080.0.html

here is a example from VC: https://github.com/KalarhanWB/VC_Tweaks_Tool/blob/master/app/process_line_correction.py. To execute this file you can type "python process_line_correction.py" or double click it. First make a backup of your modsys, as the first time you will need to fix issues/bugs/lack of pattern on code/etc you have on your code.

you can also adapt this process to run on a temporary file like "temp.py" to check snippets.

for more discussion you can use the search function, we had a long discussion about this last year or so.

Code:
*** Warband Refined & Enhanced Compiler Kit (W.R.E.C.K.) version 1.0.0 ***
Please report errors, problems and suggestions at http://lav.lomskih.net/wreck/

Loading module... DONE.
Loading plugins... DONE.
Checking module syntax... FAILED.
MODULE `map_icons` ERROR:
failed to parse element #59
  cannot convert value -0.04 to integer

COMPILATION FAILED.

Press any key to continue . . .
help ?