Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can easily check if the killed agent is a horse, and then apply exp accordingly. In most cases you just link the (invisible) agent to the mount so the killing blow delivers damage to both, thus giving credit for the kill.
Code:
add_xp_to_troop                 = 1062 # (add_xp_to_troop,<value>,[troop_id]),
add_gold_as_xp                  = 1063 # (add_gold_as_xp,<value>,[troop_id]),
add_xp_as_reward                = 1064 # (add_xp_as_reward,<value>),

How would I go about changing animation to a different one when walking with a certain type of weapon? I have read a tutorial regarding basic animation stuff. I want the animation to change by pressing B on keyboard but I cant find any tutorial where this is explained.

Dangerdude said:
How would I go about changing animation to a different one when walking with a certain type of weapon? I have read a tutorial regarding basic animation stuff. I want the animation to change by pressing B on keyboard but I cant find any tutorial where this is explained.

I would setup trigger that fires when button is pressed. Or just that checks what weapon was just equiped, and if conditions are met apply this:
Code:
(agent_set_walk_forward_action, <agent_id>, <anim_id>),

Never tested it tho.

This tutorial explains basics of triggers: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142422.0.html

Thanks Somebody!

Unrelated question: what determines town economy? Like how much items are valued by certain towns (ie the price they set for items when player is buying/selling)?

Is it town prosperity? What determines that?  First time dabbling in economy, so would love to know more.

Thanks in advance

Cozur said:
http://imgur.com/a/Mwd6A

How does one get around changing the positions of the text here, to avoid the overlap?

you could explore the game_variables.txt, it has the configuration for the hardcoded screens (positions, sizes, etc)

We did the impossible. Races in multiplayer, completely customizable. More details when the mod comes out. Its top secret for now, so don't even try to ask questions  :fruity:

Ramaraunt said:
Because I asked people about it here. Wanted to say I figured it out.

congratz, but maybe next time you can just edit your post (where you did the question), just food for thought

Ramaraunt said:
We did the impossible. Races in multiplayer, completely customizable.
I do wonder why you thought it was impossible. Or you are doing some weird PR, which may be better done in the https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,9.0.html forum  :mrgreen:

kalarhan said:
Ramaraunt said:

congratz, but maybe next time you can just edit your post (where you did the question), just food for thought

Ramaraunt said:
I do wonder why you thought it was impossible. Or you are doing some weird PR, which may be better done in the https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,9.0.html forum  :mrgreen:

It is impossible for MP.
Like profile creation on MP only module.

Still there is a way, not the most eye candy one, but it works tho  :shifty:

Hi there, has anyone here tried putting VC code into Floris? I'm building a new mod and when I tried to change troop trees and requirement based off culture rather then kingdom, it bugs out and all the lord's troops eventually disappear until they're a party of one. Very frustrating lol....

first I changed the cultures....
Code:
 module factions. 
("culture_1",  "culture_1", 0, 0.9, [], []),  
  ("culture_britton",  "Brittonic", 0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("culture_britton_rom",  "Britton Romano", 0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("culture_north_britton",  "Northern Briton", 0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("culture_angles",  "Angle", 0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("culture_jutes",  "Jutes", 0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("culture_saxons",  "Saxon", 0, 0.9, [], []), 
  ("culture_7",  "{!}culture_7", 0, 0.9, [], []), # players culture set, 
  ("culture_pics",  "Pictish", 0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("culture_scotti",  "Scotti", 0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("culture_irish",  "Goidelic", 0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("culture_franks",  "Frank", 0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("cultures_end","{!}cultures_end", 0, 0,[], []),

then I added them to scrips...

Code:
module scrips

# Cultures: 1
		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, "trp_britton_e_peasant"),
		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop, "trp_britton_e_militia"),
		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop, "trp_britton_e_footmen"),
		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop, "trp_britton_e_archer"),
		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_britton_e_horsemen"),
		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_6_troop, "trp_britton_e_knight"),
		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_7_troop, "trp_britton_e_guard"),
#(etc)...

and here....

Code:
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_swadian_town_walker_m_average"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_swadian_town_walker_f_average"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_swadian_village_walker_m_average"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_swadian_village_walker_f_average"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_swadian_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_swadian_spy_walker_2"),

and here...

Code:
 (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_1",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_britton"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_1",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_1_lord"),
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_1_lord", slot_troop_renown, 1200),

and here...

Code:
 (try_for_range, ":faction_no", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
         (faction_get_slot, ":culture", ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture),

(faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop),
         (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, ":troop"),
         (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop),
         (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop, ":troop"),
         (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop),
         (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop, ":troop"),
         (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop),
         (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop, ":troop"),
         (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop),
         (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, ":troop"),

(try_begin),
          (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_britton"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_britton_deserter"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_britton_guard"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_britton_messenger"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_britton_prison_guard"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_britton_castle_guard"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_britton_reinforcements_a"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_britton_reinforcements_b"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_britton_reinforcements_c"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_d, "pt_britton_reinforcements_d"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_e, "pt_britton_reinforcements_e"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_f, "pt_britton_reinforcements_f"),

and party temples....

Code:
("britton_reinforcements_a"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_a"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_mercenary_n_farmer,0,5),(trp_britton_e_peasant,5,13),(trp_britton_e_militia,1,3),(trp_britton_e_militia,1,3),(trp_britton_e_page,0,2),(trp_britton_e_archer_militia,0,2)]),
	("britton_reinforcements_b"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_b"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_mercenary_n_townsman,0,5),(trp_britton_n_peasant,5,13),(trp_britton_n_militia,1,3),(trp_britton_n_militia,1,3),(trp_britton_n_page,0,2),(trp_britton_n_archer_militia,0,2)]),
	("britton_reinforcements_c"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_c"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_woman_n_huntress,0,1),(trp_britton_n_page,1,2),(trp_britton_n_page,1,2),(trp_britton_n_ecuyer,0,1),(trp_britton_n_ecuyer,0,1),(trp_britton_n_chevalier,0,1)]),
	("britton_reinforcements_d"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_d"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_mercenary_n_armbrust_soldner,0,1),(trp_britton_n_archer_militia,1,2),(trp_britton_n_longbowman,1,2),(trp_britton_n_longbowman,0,1),(trp_britton_n_jock,0,1),(trp_britton_n_selfbow_archer,0,1)]),
	("britton_reinforcements_e"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_e"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_mercenary_n_ritter,0,1),(trp_britton_n_page,1,2),(trp_britton_n_jacobite,1,2),(trp_britton_n_jacobite,0,1),(trp_britton_n_jock,0,1),(trp_britton_n_jock,0,1)]),
	("britton_reinforcements_f"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_f"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_britton_e_horsemen,1,3),(trp_britton_e_archer,1,3),(trp_britton_e_knight,1,2),(trp_britton_e_archer,0,2),(trp_britton_n_chevalier,0,1),(trp_britton_e_guard,0,1)]),

am I missing something?? I'm thinking bug might be related to Floris's MTT scrips, but trying to remove this feature hasn't gone well.

any thoughts or tutorials out there about this issue, or removing Floris's MTT scripts from game?  Or is it something else entirely I'm missing? thanks for any advice...

domipoppe said:
kalarhan said:
Ramaraunt said:

Ramaraunt said:

It is impossible for MP.

You just modify the banner selection presentation and then pack it into player_get_banner_id, then unpack it once actually on the server to select the player's from agents with those races defined and then mod it to get the correct banner.

Somebody said:
domipoppe said:
kalarhan said:
Ramaraunt said:

Ramaraunt said:

It is impossible for MP.

You just modify the banner selection presentation and then pack it into player_get_banner_id, then unpack it once actually on the server to select the player's from agents with those races defined and then mod it to get the correct banner.

But then they have no banners?

There's like a few hundred banners, you would use masks to accomplish this so you'd just divide by 1000 to get the race value and then mod it for the banner. For example 123 = banner 123 (race 0 = human)  and 1123 = banner 123 (race 1 = goblin) for example and you would still use the gender value.

Do you think the Warband modding scene will survive Bannerlord? Like I'm just getting into modding now, and I'm wondering if there's much of a point. Hell, when Bannerlord comes out I'm probably not going to play Warband again (unless Bannerlord sucks, which is probably unlikely.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom