Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mispronounced said:
Need help with two things:

there is no trivial matter, as it is all a question of perspective

0) You need to tell us what module that you are working with. Native, VC, Floris, ... And the overall version for the engine (1.168 is the latest), and your module base version (Diplomacy 4.3, ...). They are not the same, even if they share code
1) see script_create_kingdom_hero_party
2) download OpenBRF and check the mesh name, not the texture

builder of the gods said:
I assigned it but still no sign ingame
Then you didn't apply a proper trigger to the scene prop.

Ramaraunt said:
About my problem I posted in the last page, is that because its engine based?
Just explain what the issue is and provide some code.
I don't want to watch a 6min video and keep guessing.

I am trying to write a weapon script for converting all damage to blunt after the mordr of blunt

I already know how modulo works.
I am asking how such a script can best be made:

Is the store_mod method appropriate when calling "slot_item_swing_damage?
I ask because other this store_mod is not used in calculations in mission_templates I've seen in other mods.
My plan:
(item_get_slot, ":swing_damage", ":item_no", "slot_item_swing_damage"),
            (store_mod, reg1, ":swing_damage", 256),
(val_div, reg1, 2),
(item_set_slot, ":swing_damage", ":item_no", "slot_item_swing_damage"),

Now how would I convert this damage to blunt from either pierce or slash damage?

Why not set swing and thrust damage to 1/2 then add either 512 or 256 to the damage levels?
Players on Steam are very resistant to playing off the Steam platform as WSE will require.

gdwitt said:
Why not set swing and thrust damage to 1/2 then add either 512 or 256 to the damage levels?
Players on Steam are very resistant to playing off the Steam platform as WSE will require.
Set what?
Item stats are not handled by slots.

Do you even know why the MS you're working on uses slots to store item stats?
Because there were no operations back then to receive those stats, so this attempt is pretty much outdated now.

Regarding WSE;
It works perfectly with the Steam version (if being set up properly).

gdwitt said:

K700 said:
Players just run game with bat file
"C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\WSELoader.exe" -p .\mb_vanilla_game.exe, not steam menu.

If you users want steam overlay, they can add game link to steam library.

Ok, I am sorry, but I really don't get it. How do I spawn certain troops at say a castle? How do I edit so that I can buy certain troops at a castle or a town? I read something about Party Templates, that you were supposed to go in and edit those? What? It doesn't make any sense, at least not to me. Can anyone help me out with this?

gdwitt said:
I am trying to write a weapon script for converting all damage to blunt after the mordr of blunt

why not switch to a blunt weapon?

if your code that should switch weapons is not working, then that is the problem you should solve.

and if all you want is to avoid killing blow, turning defeat soldiers into prisoners, then that is also a quick fix.

_Sebastian_ said:
builder of the gods said:
I assigned it but still no sign ingame
Then you didn't apply a proper trigger to the scene prop.

Ramaraunt said:
About my problem I posted in the last page, is that because its engine based?
Just explain what the issue is and provide some code.
I don't want to watch a 6min video and keep guessing.
Found it i had to enable use scene props in multiplayer in module ini

kalarhan said:
gdwitt said:

if your code that should switch weapons is not working, then that is the problem you should solve.

and if all you want is to avoid killing blow, turning defeat soldiers into prisoners, then that is also a quick fix.
Look at pbod it has been already made

kalarhan said:
there is no trivial matter, as it is all a question of perspective

0) You need to tell us what module that you are working with. Native, VC, Floris, ... And the overall version for the engine (1.168 is the latest), and your module base version (Diplomacy 4.3, ...). They are not the same, even if they share code

Didn't think my problem required all of this...I'll make sure to include it next time. Thanks for the help!

@Kalarhan

This last item might meet my needs.
A script that would cause soldiers killed WHILE the blunt order was active to become prisoners would be sufficient.
The blunt toggle is not working in Brytenwalda. I've tried several scripts from different sources.
@builder of the gods
PBOD is open source? Where?
What have they done related to this question.
I appreciate any guidance from anyone.

gdwitt said:
A script that would cause soldiers killed WHILE the blunt order was active to become prisoners would be sufficient.

you can use the special trigger on a MST

Code:
ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded = -26.0 # Agent has been defeated in battle (killed or wounded)
    # trigger param 1 = defeated agent_id
    # trigger param 2 = attacker agent_id
    # trigger param 3 = wounded flag: 0 = agent is killed, 1 = agent is wounded
    # If (set_trigger_result) with non-zero parameter is used in the code, it will override the agent's fate. Use value of 1 to force kill, and 2 to force wounded.

as mentioned above just override the return (+2) if the agent is a enemy and your current order (you can use a global to flag it) is blunt.

I would fix the problem (switch weapons), but if you fail at that part this is a easy hack

Hi. I made the static winch usable (not winch_b). I edited the script game_get_use_string to make appear a string when you look at it. The problem is my custom string is often (not always) overwritten by "Open Door". Is the winch affected by some hardcoded behavior ?

K.A. said:
Hi. I made the static winch usable (not winch_b). I edited the script game_get_use_string to make appear a string when you look at it. The problem is my custom string is often (not always) overwritten by "Open Door". Is the winch affected by some hardcoded behavior ?
i had exactly the same with a ballista code
Just move above in script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom