Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
how can i make a larger scene like a random plain scene(large)?When i change scn_random_mult_plain_large to scn_multi_scene_1 scene is so small(sorry for bad eng)how can i fix?I cant find any terrain code in scenes.txt. I hope you can understand

solved but i have got a problem now:when i enter the map,game generates random terrain how can i stop this?

TheZweihander said:
game generates random terrain how can i stop this?

use a non random scene

Code:
  ("random_scene",sf_generate|sf_randomize|sf_auto_entry_points,"none", "none", (0,0),(240,240),-0.5,"0x300028000003e8fa0000034e00004b34000059be",
    [],[]),

see the sf_XXX flags above. This scene will generate random terrain, EP, ... compare the code with others that are not random like a village

Code:
  ("village_39",sf_generate,"none", "none", (0,0),(100,100),-100,"0x000000013003e5990005fd78000069670000446c00007476",
    [],[],"outer_terrain_plain"),

I'm working on some fancy AI stuff, and I'm wondering, is there a way to get the AI to bash down doors when sieging?

kalarhan said:
TheZweihander said:
game generates random terrain how can i stop this?

use a non random scene

Code:
  ("random_scene",sf_generate|sf_randomize|sf_auto_entry_points,"none", "none", (0,0),(240,240),-0.5,"0x300028000003e8fa0000034e00004b34000059be",
    [],[]),

see the sf_XXX flags above. This scene will generate random terrain, EP, ... compare the code with others that are not random like a village

Code:
  ("village_39",sf_generate,"none", "none", (0,0),(100,100),-100,"0x000000013003e5990005fd78000069670000446c00007476",
    [],[],"outer_terrain_plain"),
i did not use module system.

Yes, you need to run 2 mission triggers which should run in every 2-3 seconds.

Code:
(try_for_agents, global agent),
(agent_is_alive, global agent),
(agent_get_position, agent pos, global agent),
(agent_get_wielded_item, ":item", global agent, 1),
(item_get_swing_damage, ":item_damage", ":itm"),
(assign, global item damage, ":item_damage"),
(try_for_prop_instances, ":props"),
(eq, ":props", "spr_door"),
(assign, global prop door, ":props"),
(prop_instance_get_position, prop pos),
(agent_set_scripted_destination, prop pos),
(get_distance_between_positions, ":dist", agent pos, prop pos),
(assign, global dist, ":dist"),
(try_end),
(try_end),

Then another trigger to check if interaction will happen.

Code:
(le, global dist, 300), #if close enough
(agent_set_animation, global agent, attack animation),
(scene_prop_get_hit_points, prop hp, global prop door),
(val_sub, prop hp, global item damage),
(scene_prop_set_hit_points

These are not working codes, just wrote it in haste to give you the idea. Sorry for not writing it completely.

TheZweihander said:
i did not use module system.

that is your choice, but it doesn't change the problem. Use a non random scene, you can find them on scenes.txt. The mod you are using as base most likely has lots of Native on it, so you could even compare with that modsys.

Guys how to change starting equipment I made new starting choices and i want to change equipment.well i can change weapons but no armor i deleted all Add_item.... And replaced it with my items but when i start new game my armors are in inventory and not equiped

DarkNord said:
my armors are in inventory and not equiped

1) Download Lav's modules
2) Open header_operations.py
3) Check the section you need. In your case you are talking about troop (TROOPS section), and equipment. So check operations related to that case, example:

Code:
troop_equip_items                        = 1533  # (troop_equip_items, <troop_id>),
                                                 # Makes the troop reconsider it's equipment. If troop has better stuff in it's inventory, he will equip it. Note this operation sucks with weapons and may force the troop to equip himself with 4 two-handed swords.

So I've been trying to add way of the sea, and its been bad so far. The ai doesn't know how to path up rivers. Any ideas how to fix this without getting rid of river ports?

Lumos said:
If you modify the default fief-assignment algorithm, you can do whatever you want. It's buried somewhere in game_start.

Cool, that's the plan.
I suppose this means I can also have towns with no fiefs, or does that affect the town prosperity/economy?

How do i make Troop Trees  and stuff like tht in Morghs.I mean i know how to create troops but when i do something in mod sys like add new codes and then compile my troops just get overwritten.Is that suposed to be like that and is there way to change it.PS i know to create troops in mod sys but its just much longer and more boring

DarkNord said:
How do i add script that all mods have example:Tavern Keeper buys prisioners,Death camera and things like tht...Do all dev's write their own scripts or they use one.If they use one where do i find these scripts?

Those two things can be found in osp packs. Go to the OSP section on the forums.

kalarhan said:
DarkNord said:
my armors are in inventory and not equiped

1) Download Lav's modules
2) Open header_operations.py
3) Check the section you need. In your case you are talking about troop (TROOPS section), and equipment. So check operations related to that case, example:

Code:
troop_equip_items                        = 1533  # (troop_equip_items, <troop_id>),
                                                 # Makes the troop reconsider it's equipment. If troop has better stuff in it's inventory, he will equip it. Note this operation sucks with weapons and may force the troop to equip himself with 4 two-handed swords.
But armor i want to equip is weaker than default armor given at start.

DarkNord said:
But armor i want to equip is weaker than default armor given at start.

you are the modder, so you define the rules  :razz:

1) Why do you have 2 pieces of armor? If you only give the player 1, then no problem (remove inventory before adding items)
2) Give the worst gear first, equip it, disable auto equip, give other stuff (inventory)
and so on. Modding involves experiments, so go try stuff out  :smile:

wrwlf said:
I suppose this means I can also have towns with no fiefs, or does that affect the town prosperity/economy?

its all on module system (modsys), so up to you. You can keep Native rules, redesign them, ... just be ready to explore the triggers/scripts/etc

I'm still noob so you know how this sounds to me xD.Andbi'm not that much noob that i dont know to change information about armor but i removed all "add_item trp_player ..." And  did same thing with different ID's  but i cant find way to make him equip my armor.I dont understand why its not same as with weapons

Gah, I need water travel in my mod, but its verrry hard to find a good one. Where can I get a good water travel coding kit? I don't have time to code one myself.

DarkNord said:
Where i find script's that all dev's use?

1) You can edit a post, so avoid double posting. Among other things is bad form and against forum rules

2) There is no such thingy as "the script". We all started with Native and from there many different kits (OSP) and public mods (with downloadable modsys) were created.

What you do now is choose one as your base and check the forum for additions. OSP section of the Forge is a good place. Released mods is another.

Native is native. Simple but works.

Floris is a good base from ~2012. Lots of new features, better code structure, but it stopped in time.

There are many others. I personally like VC code for the many new updates, features and bugfixes. But that is up to you.

(I stopped using packs a year ago and created my own language and modsys, so can't comment on how they are right now)

(I stopped using packs a year ago and created my own language and modsys, so can't comment on how they are right now)
Own language? The ony question: HOW? Can you tell something about it? I think it will be quite interesting.

Ramaraunt said:
Gah, I need water travel in my mod, but its verrry hard to find a good one. Where can I get a good water travel coding kit? I don't have time to code one myself.
I think that all existing water travel systems are bad not very good. But the best of them should be in VC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom