Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a proper usage of agent_get_bone_position, doesn't seem to work.

Code:
wurz_particle = (
  1, 0, 0, [ 
		(store_current_scene, ":vyrn_scene"),
		(eq, ":vyrn_scene", "scn_qutarnil_top"),

], [
    (try_for_agents, ":agents"),
		(agent_is_active, ":agents"),
		(agent_is_alive, ":agents"),
		(agent_get_troop_id, ":agent_trp", ":agents"),
		(eq, ":agent_trp", "trp_wurz"),
		(agent_get_bone_position, pos1, ":agents", 18),
		(agent_get_bone_position, pos2, ":agents", 13),
		(agent_get_bone_position, pos5, ":agents", 0),
		(particle_system_burst, pos1, "psys_white_fire"),
		(particle_system_burst, pos2, "psys_white_fire"),
		(particle_system_burst, pos5, "psys_black_fire"),
	(try_end),
    ])

Efe Karacar said:

review your operations. Use header_operations.py from Lav's modules for better documentation.

Example:
Code:
        (agent_get_bone_position, pos1, ":agent", hb_item_r, 1),
        (particle_system_burst, "psys_dummy_smoke", pos1, 3),
        (particle_system_burst, "psys_dummy_straw", pos1, 10),

Efe Karacar said:
Ofc, not.
Some operations are missing essential parameters.
Code:
agent_get_bone_position                  = 2076  # (agent_get_bone_position, <position_no>, <agent_no>, <bone_no>, [<local_or_global>]),
                                                 # Version 1.161+. Returns current position for agent's bone (examine skeleton in openBrf to learn bone numbers). Pass 1 as optional <local_or_global> parameter to retrieve global bone coordinates.
particle_system_burst                       = 1969  # (particle_system_burst, <par_sys_id>, <position>, [percentage_burst_strength]),
                                                    # Bursts a particle system in specified position.
Btw;
Agents within try_for_agents are always active.

Edit
Ninja'd by kalarhan

_Sebastian_ said:
Some operations are missing essential parameters.

its not so much the parameters (which could be important depending on what he is trying to do), but he inverted the pos and effect on the second operation.

Parameters may be important, so he does need to review their usage.

Fix the order of parameters for particle_system_burst

Replace bone numbers with their constant like in hb_item_r (just to make it easier for us poor humans to understand the code)

kalarhan said:
its not so much the parameters (which could be important depending on what he is trying to do), but he inverted the pos and effect on the second operation.
Oh yea...
I thought even the newest modders would know the correct order.
I should have looked closely.

is it fine using viking conquest module system as my basic module stsyem for my own mod? (not binary files only module system)
i had checked viking conquest and read the topic but im not influent in english. so cant understand as well (just confused sub mod allows all stuff and non vc sub mod allows only module system but binary files).

dlwnsdn4 said:
is it fine using viking conquest module system as my basic module stsyem for my own mod? (not binary files only module system)
i had checked viking conquest and read the topic but im not influent in english. so cant understand as well (just confused sub mod allows all stuff and non vc sub mod allows only module system but binary files).

Yes, you can. Remember to add credits and that's it.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349080.0.html

Submod, in short, requires serial key (player must buy the DLC).
Non submods let you use game code, but not textures, sounds, music, brfs, ....

kalarhan said:
dlwnsdn4 said:

Yes, you can. Remember to add credits and that's it.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349080.0.html

Submod, in short, requires serial key (player must buy the DLC).
Non submods let you use game code, but not textures, sounds, music, brfs, ....

if i make viking conquest sub mod(first i need to buy dlc first.) and. should i apply for sub mod forum or sub mod board to someone? (apply board or something is optional or necessary??)

Hello,

Is it possible for a faction to exist if it does not have a lord/king?

My purpose for this is to create some independent "rebel" fiefs, whom do not have any lords, only their own garrison.

Do i really have to assign king/lords to them?

When I start as a king, my lords are starting with 1 soldier in their castles and that number doesn't increases. How can I fix this ? I just gave a town to player in game_start.

dlwnsdn4 said:
if i make viking conquest sub mod

each game has its own mods section. For VC, you start by creating a thread on VC subforum, then you request a moderator to move it to the VC mods section. Its all explained on the link I posted above.
^ that is for a submod for VC

WB, as a example, has the Pioneer's Guild subforum.

You don't get a board until much later, if ever, when your mod is released and has a big enough community. Most mods never get one, they have just the original thread.

If you have questions about VC you can use the Q&A there: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

troycall said:
Is it possible for a faction to exist if it does not have a lord/king?

The rules applied to factions are all open, as they are written on your modules source (not hardcoded inside the engine). You can do whatever you want, as long you understand them.

As a example: you have several factions, like the ones used for bandits, that don't have lords, nor have towns/centers, etc. Faction is a very generic thingy.

HyperCharge said:
When I start as a king, my lords are starting with 1 soldier in their castles and that number doesn't increases. How can I fix this ? I just gave a town to player in game_start.
Starting as a king is not that simple as you may expect. You need to setup some variables, using the proper scripts. I recommend you study the OSP code or VC version to learn more.

VC: includes some cool features, like giving you a higher level, some companions, a medium sized army, cash, starting relations with your vassals (some good, some neutral, some bad), etc, and it replaces a existing faction/kingdom (like king of Nords, Rhodoks, ...)

homicuda said:
Is it possible to increase the size of existing scene?
Not a scene maker, but in general the answer is no. The terrain code is limited to a area, so if you try to make it bigger, the new space will have no "floor" or terrain. Why do you want to make it bigger?

You can also visit the other thread: [Nordous' Sceners Guild - Mod devs are recruiting!] to talk about this sort of thingy

builder of the gods said:
I understand why you should want it bigger:  bigger towns
The engine is the problem cant handle many troops
Thats why you should wait for bannerlord
Ahm, no.
It's not the "bad" engine that's causing lags/crashes in the most cases, but badly optimized content.

builder of the gods said:
I understand why you should want it bigger:  bigger towns
The engine is the problem cant handle many troops
Thats why you should wait for bannerlord
I think that size 400x400 is pretty enought for big town.

ty for answer, kalarhan. It was much easyer to create new biger scene with pre-generated scene-code  than to make old scene biger. The idea to expand the existing was really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom