Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think there is a specific one, but you basically "just" need to do 2 things.

- Make sure your town in module_parties is inside the town range specified in module_constants
- search for the party id of a native town from the range in your modules and make sure that your town is incorporated in these more detailed instructions (f.e. trade routes)

I am not sure which of the above handles this in game_start (module_scripts), but you ll probably have to take a look at the script that gives villages to centers and potentially add a few for your new town, if you dont want to risk it taking them away from other centers.

I'm getting the error: "unable to find mesh" for a mesh of an item I'm sure is both in a brf and in load_mod_resource.

The name is exactly as it should, the brf file is loaded at module.ini

What other weird things could be happening?

- Mesh in the the brf file
- Mesh name is spelled correctly on module_items
- load_mod_resource loads it with correct name
- Mesh looks fine on openBRF

Sorry for asking so many questions... :oops:

Is there a way to add more banners without overwriting any of the default banners? Like adding another page or something? Also, my custom lord is always automatically the son of Emir Lakhem.

See this osp on adding new banners. The family relation thing is because you've added it to the end of the range of sarranids (and maybe forgot to change the faction flag on the new hero), you need to allocate exactly the same amount per faction for script_initialize_aristocracy to work best (but you can always override the slots after).

im having a bit of an issue, so we compiled a new version of the mod but the scenes are not working trying to enter any of them crashed the game but there is no error code i have tried to copy and past the scene obj info in but it does not work it still causes crashes any ideas on how to fix this issue

About the OSP that you linked me, I'm not sure if I'm reading it right but I can't seem to understand what I'm supposed to do to add another page of banners.

Rybopiotr

Rybopiotr said:
How to get current scene X and Y size in mission template?

These are global variables (found in variables.txt) that adjust when you enter a scene.

g_battle_map_width
g_battle_map_scale
g_battle_map_height
g_battle_map_plane

you can assign them to us for example

(assign,"$g_battle_map_width",":Map_X"),
(assign,"$g_battle_map_height",":Map_Y")

Not sure what scale and plane are.

jacobhinds said:
jacobhinds said:
You've done everything right, it's not your fault. Someone who was working on Viking Conquest decided now was a good time to rename a single vital file called header_operations.py, and change the word marshall to marshal for no good reason. This is extremely frustrating because it broke a lot of stuff even outside of viking conquest, and due to weird compiling errors I didn't realise what was going on until I'd reinstalled the module system twice.  :neutral:

If you're using notepad ++, search through all the files simultaneously and replace every instance of "party_set_marshall" with "party_set_marshal". It shouldn't take long as there aren't many of them.

But damn, what a pain in the butt.
No need to replace anything. A single line at the end of header_operations.py is enough :
party_set_marshall = party_set_marshal

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_init.py", line 2, in <module>
    from process_operations import *
  File "C:\Users\Samuel\Downloads\mb_warband_module_system_1153\Module_system 1.
153\process_operations.py", line 20, in <module>
    from module_scripts import *
153\module_scripts.py", line 139, in <module>
    (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "tr
p_town_walker_1"),
TypeError: 'tuple' object is not callable
  File "process_global_variables.py", line 12, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
  File "process_map_icons.py", line 6, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
  File "process_items.py", line 66, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
Exporting scene data...
  File "process_scenes.py", line 15, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
  File "process_tableau_materials.py", line 8, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
  File "process_presentations.py", line 8, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
Exporting party_template data...
  File "process_parties.py", line 6, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
  File "process_scripts.py", line 4, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
  File "process_mission_tmps.py", line 8, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
  File "process_game_menus.py", line 8, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
  File "process_simple_triggers.py", line 5, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 9, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
  File "process_global_variables_unused.py", line 3, in <module>
p_town_walker_1"),
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .
Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

What even?

@TheVideoGameInn  You forgot a comma (needs to be at the end of the line which is above the line below :smile: )
Code:
(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_town_walker_1"),

Hello. I want to modify the map in WFaS. I used M&B Map Editor, put my module's folder in M&B's 'Modules'.
The program launches, the WFaS' map opens as well, but there are no icons of castles/villages and the program freezes very often.
The question is: how to make possible to successfully modify the map?

The_dragon said:
@TheVideoGameInn  You forgot a comma (needs to be at the end of the line which is above the line below :smile: )
Code:
(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_town_walker_1"),

Where?

(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_town_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_village_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_village_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_2", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_town_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_2", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_town_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_2", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_village_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_2", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_village_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_2", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_2", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_3", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_khergit_townsman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_3", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_khergit_townswoman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_3", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_khergit_townsman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_3", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_khergit_townswoman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_3", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_3", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_4", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_town_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_4", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_town_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_4", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_village_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_4", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_village_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_4", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_4", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_5", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_town_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_5", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_town_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_5", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_village_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_5", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_village_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_5", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_5", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_town_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_town_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_village_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_village_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

I see only commas!

Seems to have worked somewhat, new tasty errors though:

Initializing...
Compiling all global variables...
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting tableau materials data...
Exporting presentations...
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
Exporting scripts...
Error: Unable to find object:trp_solinka_guard
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:trp_solinka_guard
Error: Unable to find object:pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_b
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_b
Error: Unable to find object:pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_c
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_c
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
Checking global variable usages...
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .
Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

You should add that troop and party templates.

If you already added, start module.bat again.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I encountered the same problem as this. I just changed solinka_guard to solinka_prison_guard. Then, for the reinforcements thing, I copy and pasted my 'pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_a' then, renaming them b and c. That's what I did at least.

Did you guys add the party template?
Like an example:

("kingdom_7_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_7_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_roman_villager,7,14),(trp_roman_velite,3,6)]),
  ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_7_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_roman_villager,3,5),(trp_roman_velite,2,4),(trp_roman_hastatii,1,3),(trp_roman_triarii,1,2)]),
  ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_7_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_roman_velite,3,6),(trp_roman_hastatii,2,4)]),

Not only activating in module_scripts, but did you make an entry in the module_party_templates ?

If I also can ask one question: I have a siege tower model to replace the native one. Where do I find it? I couldn't find anything in the CommonRes files.
Nevermind, I found it , I just didn't search well.  :oops:

But I have another question, if you please:

I have used a scene prop as a chariot for the horse slot. More or less, it went very well, worked as intended, with the player in the correct place and all. The only problem is this: The horses, who when used as horses by the player behave well, now have a very strange behaviour, their members get all distorted. Here are two screenshots:

C555AC657E78750001B70EED7241CEC3CD7E99D5
8DAC006F655F56240AB6426D52D0FC9915E27182

The chariot is from a scene prop OSP pack I found at RusMnB.
Thanks!

Antonis, isn't that what happens when a horse is assigned a human animation, or something along those lines? Looks familiar from my messing around in openbrf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom