Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added battle time 1.4 to my mod.But,when i click to "set a multiplayer battle" it saying me "WSE is not running".But,when i ran with WSE,it says "wse is working with 1.153.Please setup 1.153"

but,in brytenwalda,we can setup a co-op battle without loader ? what can i do for WSE or battletime 1.4 codes ?

I'm confused  :sad:

Lord of Shadows said:
How do I move or delete a scene prop from a scene? :lol:
With corresponding operations from header_operations.py.

See script_remove_siege_objects for example.

Note you can only remove props in ti_before_mission_start trigger, but generally moving the props a few kilometers below ground works just as fine.

Lav said:
With corresponding operations from header_operations.py.

See script_remove_siege_objects for example.

Note you can only remove props in ti_before_mission_start trigger, but generally moving the props a few kilometers below ground works just as fine.

No, I meant in Edit Mode. There are some trees in wrong places and I want to move/delete them from there.

# script_game_missile_dives_into_water
  # Input: arg1 = missile_item_id, pos1 = missile_position_on_water
  # Output: none
  ("game_missile_dives_into_water",
    [
#(store_script_param, ":missile_item_id", 1),
(copy_position, pos51, pos1),
(particle_system_burst_no_sync, "psys_water_hit_a", pos51, :cool:,
(position_move_z, pos51, 5, 1),
(particle_system_burst_no_sync, "psys_water_hit_b", pos51, 4),
  ]),

it's a collision script with water
can make a similar impact on collisions script world  and collisions script objects?
how?  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sorry my english bad

So Perisno has this undead race which is led by the dreaded one but whenever you run into the dreaded one you crash.. also theres this random chance that when you send out a recruiter he just waits at the castle/town even though there is money in treasury and everything.. what could cause this?

Is the scene code for Nord Town "multi_scene_11" in module_scenes? The whole random maps being special and not having numbers in module_scenes but having numbers in module_strings confuses me.

Hello.
I was working on my (maybe) practical mod.
I tried adding a new race. I actually uncommented the undead race and added a new skeleton race.
Here's how my header_troops part looks:
Code:
tf_male           = 0
tf_female         = 1
tf_undead         = 2
tf_skeleton       = 3

Module_Skins:

Code:
  (
    "undead", 0,
    "undead_body", "undead_calf_l", "undead_handL",
    "undead_head", undead_face_keys,
    [],
    [],
    [],
    [],
    [("undeadface_a",0xffffffff,[]),
     ("undeadface_b",0xffcaffc0,[]),
     ], #undead_face_textures
    [(voice_die,"snd_man_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_man_hit"),(voice_grunt,"snd_man_grunt"),(voice_grunt_long,"snd_man_grunt_long"),(voice_yell,"snd_man_yell"),(voice_stun,"snd_man_stun"),(voice_victory,"snd_man_victory")], #voice sounds
    "skel_human", 1.0,
    psys_game_blood,psys_game_blood_2,
  ),

(
    "skeleton", 0,
    "barf_skeleton", "barf_skeleton_calf_l", "barf_skeleton_handL",
    "barf_skull", undead_face_keys,
    [],
    [],
    [],
    [],
    [("barf_skull",0xffffffff,[]),
     ], #undead_face_textures
    [(voice_die,"snd_man_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_man_hit"),(voice_grunt,"snd_man_grunt"),(voice_grunt_long,"snd_man_grunt_long"),(voice_yell,"snd_man_yell"),(voice_stun,"snd_man_stun"),(voice_victory,"snd_man_victory")], #voice sounds
    "skel_human", 1.0,
    psys_game_blood,psys_game_blood_2,
  ),
Module_troops
Code:
["kingdom_7_lord", "Lich Lord Haz'kar", "Lich Lord Haz'kar", tf_undead|tf_hero, no_scene, reserved, fac_kingdom_1, [itm_charger], knight_attrib_5, wp(220), knight_skills_5|knows_trainer_5, 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ],

So the problem is that when i enter the scene where the troop should be. The game crashes (just stops working, no message of something missing). So maybe i did something wrong or missed something. Feel free to ask for information.

Whenever i edit a troop to buff their stats in the troops.py file and i recompile it gets reset back to default and it doesnt change in game. Anyone know how to fix?

Dully said:
Whenever i edit a troop to buff their stats in the troops.py file and i recompile it gets reset back to default and it doesnt change in game. Anyone know how to fix?

1. check if the output folder is set correctly in module_info
2. start a new game

Nord Champion said:
Is the scene code for Nord Town "multi_scene_11" in module_scenes? The whole random maps being special and not having numbers in module_scenes but having numbers in module_strings confuses me.
Yes, it should be. As you can see in script_game_get_scene_name, the game only uses str_multi_scene_1 (multiplayer_scene_names_begin) directly, and expects the next strings to be ordered correctly.

You can ignore the numbering on module_strings or, for future quick reference, rename the string IDs:
Code:
  ("multi_scene_1", "Ruins"),
  ("multi_scene_2", "Village"),
  ("multi_scene_3", "Hailes Castle"), #Castle 1
  ("multi_scene_4", "Ruined Fort"),
  ("multi_scene_5", "Scene 5"), #not ready yet
  ("multi_scene_6", "Scene 6"), #not ready yet
  ("multi_scene_7", "Field by the River"),
  ("multi_scene_8", "Rudkhan Castle"), #Castle 2
  ("multi_scene_9", "Snowy Village"),
  ("multi_scene_10", "Turin Castle"), #Castle 3
  ("multi_scene_11", "Nord Town"),
  ("multi_scene_12", "Port Assault"),
  ("multi_scene_13", "Brunwud Castle"), #Castle 4
  ("multi_scene_14", "Battle on Ice"),
  ("multi_scene_15", "Mahdaar Castle"), #Castle 5
  ("multi_scene_16", "Jameyyed Castle"), #Castle 6
  ("multi_scene_17", "The Arena"),
  ("multi_scene_18", "Forest Hideout"),
  ("multi_scene_19", "Canyon"),
  ("multi_scene_20", "Desert Town"),
  ("random_multi_plain_medium", "Random Plains (Medium)"),
  ("random_multi_plain_large", "Random Plains (Large)"),
  ("random_multi_steppe_medium", "Random Steppe (Medium)"),
  ("random_multi_steppe_large", "Random Steppe (Large)"),
  ("multi_scene_end", "multi_scene_end"),

HungKnight said:
I have a new action, and I also write one line of new action on module_animations, how do characters perform actions on one item  :razz:  :razz:
sorry  my english bad  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
:v lol
I have a new sound, I could do it by [(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(play_sound, "snd_new")])]],
I think one of my new action in module_animations ("anim_new") will be written like this but how to write ? :V 
sorry my english bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom