Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GunFred said:
Hello, I would like to know how to get a WFaS Native item texture exported from WFaS/OpenBRF into Photoshop and then back again. I just want to recolour the texture of an already existing item and
I should have installed a dds plugin for Photoshop already. I did follow a tutorial and glanced at some but most of them made no sense for my purpose and were focused on modelling. The one I did follow stopped at exporting static mesh to you desktop which sounded very incomplete.

Just use paint.net for opening dds files. Copy-paste from there into photoshop, or save as png if you need the transparency. It doesn't take much longer than usual, and paint.net has a few advantages over a simple plugin.

Lumos said:
1866bestmod said:
Obviously, an invalid agent ID is passed into agent_is_human. By the way, we can't know what happens and why you get a specific error when combining two arbitrary mods. Good luck fixing it on your own.

oh pls, i dont know where in code problem is? what does invalid agent ID do??? it is triggers in template.py??

Lumos said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:
is it possible to reduce the max speed of a unit so they're reduced to only being able to walk?
Code:
[color=navy](agent_set_speed_limit, <agent_id>, <speed_limit(kilometers/hour)>),[/color]
. Works only for the AI.
Okay, total scripting nub here, but I managed to set up the module system. Can you tell me exactly what I must open and add? I'm not really looking to get into scripting, this is just for a project of mine.

1866bestmod said:
oh pls, i dont know where in code problem is? what does invalid agent ID do??? it is triggers in template.py??

Nobody can fix that error for you - posting loads of useless code and error messages is a waste of time, and quite annoying if you ask me. You will have to figure it out yourself

Regardless i will try to help,

your error message for lead charge says this
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1704: Invalid Agent ID: 571; LINE NO: 6:
At Mission Template mst_lead_charge trigger no: 68 consequences.
This tells us 3 things
- that there is an error in the lead_charge template
- that there is an error in trigger number 68 in this template
- and that the error is to do with an invalid agent id on roughly line 6

This tells us where to look

Now all of that code you posted to do with lead_charge tells us absolutely nothing - which is why I said it is a waste of time.
You only have around 40 triggers in that code - I went through and counted them. And we know that the error lies in trigger 68 (we know from the error message above). So therefor the error is not in the code you posted. It must be in one of the two trigger groups you have at the end of your lead_charge template

- "my_triggers_collection" 
- "order_volley_triggers"

I know nothing of these two bits of code, as I dont have your module_system, so cannot help anymore

HarbingerOfDoom said:
Okay, total scripting nub here, but I managed to set up the module system. Can you tell me exactly what I must open and add? I'm not really looking to get into scripting, this is just for a project of mine.
You will have to post the code in the mission_template file. But it is not as simple as you think, it depends on what troops you want to only be able to walk, and when you want them to only be able to walk.

is there guide for OPCODE warning??? thx for help...

problem not knowing wat is

trigger number 68

invalid agent id

relations

eh, - "my_triggers_collection"
- "order_volley_triggers"

in module_templates.py?? or module_triggers??

no guides as it doesnt mean anything.

it would be in module_templates - search module_templates for my_triggers_collection first and look for errors and if there are no errors search order_volley_triggers for errors.

Although I think your problem is probably due to something being overwritten - if it is then no one will be able to help you without spending ages looking over stuff - you will have to fix it on your own if this is the case

La Grandmaster said:
no guides as it doesnt mean anything.

it would be in module_templates - search module_templates for my_triggers_collection first and look for errors and if there are no errors search order_volley_triggers for errors.

Although I think your problem is probably due to something being overwritten - if it is then no one will be able to help you without spending ages looking over stuff - you will have to fix it on your own if this is the case

:???: is it possible disable red errors??? :???: it works even if errors........

Opcodes warnings refers at what operation did the error happened. Open up header_operations, hit ctrl + f, and put 1704. It will lead you to agent_is_human operation (wich means that the error happened at an "agent_is_human" operation, so go and look for that throu your triggers).
In leadcharge mt, "dismemberment_mod_decap" trigger is number 41, so you problematic trigger is in "my_triggers_collection" or "order_volley_triggers".
Good luck finding it.

Question: anyone know a way to replace a missile with an item when it hits something? For example I throw a javelin and, when it hits the ground, it will be replaced with a sword.

jacobhinds said:
GunFred said:
Hello, I would like to know how to get a WFaS Native item texture exported from WFaS/OpenBRF into Photoshop and then back again. I just want to recolour the texture of an already existing item and
I should have installed a dds plugin for Photoshop already. I did follow a tutorial and glanced at some but most of them made no sense for my purpose and were focused on modelling. The one I did follow stopped at exporting static mesh to you desktop which sounded very incomplete.

Just use paint.net for opening dds files. Copy-paste from there into photoshop, or save as png if you need the transparency. It doesn't take much longer than usual, and paint.net has a few advantages over a simple plugin.
Thanks for the response. :grin: I tried opening dds texture files from mods with both paint.net and PS and it worked so the only problem now is that I cannot find a way to export native dds textures. It would be great if you know how to get native dds textures into desktop/PS/paint but perhaps the native ones are impossible?  :???:

The_dragon said:
Dusk Voyager said:
Spawn the sword near where it hits and move the missile underground in ti_on_missile_hit.
And how do I actually move the missile? because i don't know the missile id.
You do, since the trigger is right under the item's entry. However you can't really access the missile's prop instance.
GunFred said:
Thanks for the response. :grin: I tried opening dds texture files from mods with both paint.net and PS and it worked so the only problem now is that I cannot find a way to export native dds textures. It would be great if you know how to get native dds textures into desktop/PS/paint but perhaps the native ones are impossible?  :???:
Are you opening from the right directory?

Somebody said:
Are you opening from the right directory?
Well, I can't get the dds files out of the game or through OpenBrf so there not really anything to open I think. I can only, as far as I know, find obj files but there is nothing I can do with those right? Opening a obj file in PS only got me a photo of a mesh and paint.net could not open it at all.  :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom