Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a way to check if certain kind of troop is in garrison(by troop_id), that is defined in header_operation?
or do I have to write my own script?

Somebody said:
Garrison = the troop is a member of the center, which is just a static party.
so technically I can just use party_count_members_of_type to count number of the wanted troop in the garrison, if its greater than 1 I can be sure the desired troop is in garrison...

Made a new starting city scene. When you get to the part of the starting merchant quest where you have to attack the looters inside the city, you get this error:

Have you changed the mission template, cozur?

The Dark Robin said:
I used to use try_for_range, but then I switched to try_for_parties. Is there a better operation to use? :smile:

Bumping myself.

Dusk Voyager said:
Is there something abnormal in the scene (like weird scenes blocking the way or something) that makes the game miscalculate the distances?

Nope.

But added a different starting quest now. Thanks for the help guys, guess it's just one of those things.

Hello, dear modders!

I sincerely need your help. I need help with editing a script. I am currently playing the wonderful and amazing mod Europe 1200, and i am on day 776, so i am far into the mod. I am king of all of Scandinavia, under the mighty Anglo-Scandinavian Empire (England is my next target), but, as i receive an increasing number of lords, i begin to notice a very bad pattern. Its impossible to satisfy all my lords, and they are all beginning to hate me when i assign my fiefs.

So i googled around for this and found that you could edit the script so your reputation wont deteroriate when assigning fiefs with other lords. More precisely, under the Give_center_to_lord script, i want to change the line
(val_clamp, ":relation_with_liege_change", -5, 3)

with

(try_begin),
(eq, ":faction_leader", "trp_player"),
(val_clamp, ":relation_with_liege_change", -5, 3), ##CHANGE THIS LINE HOWEVER YOU'D LIKE
and set the relation change to maybe 0, 3, as instructed in this link: h t t p ://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/75223/can-i-stop-my-lords-from-hating-me

So i spent many hours learning the modulesystem, and i went in the module_info.py and assigned the export thing to target the Europe 1200 module, and afterwards i went in the module_scripts.py and edited the line as seen above. Then i ran the module_build_bat or whatever its called, and it seemed to compile properly.
However, when i went in my save game and tried to assign a fief, my lords reputation still deteroriated, just like before. So what am i doing wrong?

I hope you can help me with this!
Best regards:
JoeofDK

The Dark Robin said:
The Dark Robin said:
I used to use try_for_range, but then I switched to try_for_parties. Is there a better operation to use? :smile:
Bumping myself.
Depends on what you're looping through, but to be honest, using try_for_parties is generally a worse option than try_for_range. Of course, try_for_parties is the only way you can loop through spawned parties, so if you're trying to give all bands of looters five more troops, try_for_parties would be the way to go.
If you're going to give a hndred more troops to every town instead, just use try_for_range, towns_begin, towns_end - far better than using try_for_parties, is_between, towns_begin, towns_end.
Of course, I could be quite wrong. :razz: I do think I'm right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom