Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to modify scripts.txt (some mod for Warband 1.153), but it is hard to find correct numbers that should be changed. It would be much easier to do that in .py file, so is there is a way to create module_script.py file from script.txt? Maybe by using Module_system somehow, kind of build_module.bat but in entirely opposite direction. Can anyone help?

I found an old one for low versions of M&B here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,45652.msg1190448.html#msg1190448
but link are dead.

A bit hacky, but I'll try making the player control a dummy agent and then use [font=consolas,courier]mission_cam_set_mode[/font] to set the camera position to the "real" agent.

1. How to add "cheer" abilty to multiplayer mod?

2. How to add such thing: When sombody makes a poll everybody can see his Nick in a description of a poll? I really need it to get rid of trolls! They ruin everything!

3. Is there any weather multiplayer system OSP? Or changing time of a day system for multiplayer mode?

PS If you replied after many pages from this page send me PM ( Personal Message).

Hi, i need help one more time. How can I check how many troops have player but only one type of troops for example
Player have in his party 20 swadian knights, 10 swadian recruit
In my script if player must have 25 swadian knights. When he have this troops can sold they like prisoners for 100000 deners this script is only example 
Sorry for English i'm from Poland

shokkueibu said:
A bit hacky, but I'll try making the player control a dummy agent and then use [font=consolas,courier]mission_cam_set_mode[/font] to set the camera position to the "real" agent.

What for?

Matix522 said:
Hi, i need help one more time. How can I check how many troops have player but only one type of troops for example
In my script if player must have 25 swadian knights. When he have this troops can sold they like prisoners for 100000 deners this script is only example 
Code:
(party_count_members_of_type, <destination>, <party_id>, <troop_id>),

Lumos said:
Matix522 said:
Code:
Stupid question. But where are all these commands stored? Header operations?

Thane Delphi said:
Lumos said:
Matix522 said:
Code:
Stupid question. But where are all these commands stored? Header operations?

Yes, it's better explained in this modified one though

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3478/

We use it in Perisno

when i compile module system i see this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_items.py", line 72, in <module>
    write_items(variables,variable_uses,tag_uses,quick_strings)
  File "process_items.py", line 55, in write_items
    save_simple_triggers(ofile,trigger_list, variable_list,variable_uses,tag_use
s,quick_strings)
  File "E:\Modujemy\Module system\THE END OF CALRADIA MODULE SYSTEM\process_oper
ations.py", line 471, in save_simple_triggers
    save_statement_block(ofile,0,1,trigger[1]  , variable_list, variable_uses,ta
g_uses,quick_strings)
ations.py", line 449, in save_statement_block
    save_statement(ofile,opcode,no_variables,statement,variable_list,variable_us
es,local_vars, local_var_uses,tag_uses,quick_strings)
ations.py", line 400, in save_statement
    operand = process_param(statement[i + 1],variable_list,variable_uses,local_v
ars_list,local_var_uses,tag_uses,quick_strings)
ations.py", line 380, in process_param
    result = get_identifier_value(param.lower(), tag_uses)
ations.py", line 109, in get_identifier_value
    (tag_type, id_no) = get_id_value(tag_str,id_str,tag_uses)
ations.py", line 66, in get_id_value
    id_no = find_object(scripts,identifier)
  File "E:\Modujemy\Module system\THE END OF CALRADIA MODULE SYSTEM\header_commo
n.py", line 363, in find_object
    if (object[0].lower() == object_id_lowercase):
AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'lower'
What can i do to fix this ?
EDIT: Never mind I fix this

I am trying to change the how much denars the shops have at the start. Where do i find this? I was searching for a while in Module_Scripts but i have no luck so far. Any clue?

Thane Delphi said:
Were you messing with the process files matix?
No. This bug it was probably a one letter in script. I rewrite me scripts to 'clean" module system one more time and this worked. But problem is fixed and i"m happy :grin:
If you dont understand me sorry my English isn't perfect. But i try speak correctly.
EDIT: This question is as stupid as the previous. How can i change face code of troop something like plastic surgery in game.

Matix522 said:
No. This bug it was probably a one letter in script. I rewrite me scripts to 'clean" module system one more time and this worked. But problem is fixed and i"m happy :grin:
If you dont understand me sorry my English isn't perfect. But i try speak correctly.
EDIT: This question is as stupid as the previous. How can i change face code of troop something like plastic surgery in game.
You can't if you're not using the WSE.
On your problem, judging from your error I would reckon it was something related to a missing/extra comma/bracket/whatever in module_items.

Michadr said:
I am trying to change the how much denars the shops have at the start. Where do i find this? I was searching for a while in Module_Scripts but i have no luck so far. Any clue?
module_triggers or module_scripts, depending whether or not you've moved the refresh_merchants codes to scripts or not. All types of merchants are given from 500 to 1000 gold every week.
Code:
# Refresh Merchants
  (0.0, 0, 168.0, [], [
	  (reset_item_probabilities,100),
	  (set_merchandise_modifier_quality,150),

# Add trade goods to merchant inventories
	  (try_for_range,":cur_center",towns_begin,towns_end),
	   (store_faction_of_party, ":cur_faction", ":cur_center"),
		(party_get_slot,":cur_merchant",":cur_center",slot_town_merchant),
		(reset_item_probabilities,100),
		(try_for_range, ":cur_goods", trade_goods_begin, trade_goods_end),
		  (assign, ":cur_probability", 100),
		  (set_item_probability_in_merchandise,":cur_goods",":cur_probability"),
		(try_end),
		# (set_item_probability_in_merchandise,"itm_ammo_supply",300),
		(troop_add_merchandise_with_faction,":cur_merchant", ":cur_faction", itp_type_goods, 12),
		(troop_add_merchandise,":cur_merchant",itp_type_goods,18),					

(troop_ensure_inventory_space,":cur_merchant",merchant_inventory_space),						
		(troop_sort_inventory, ":cur_merchant"),
		(store_troop_gold, ":cur_gold",":cur_merchant"),
		(lt,":cur_gold",15000),
		(store_random_in_range,":new_gold",500,1000), # These are the droids you're looking for
		(call_script, "script_troop_add_gold", ":cur_merchant", ":new_gold"),
	  (try_end),
	 ]),

I have a question. I've searched module scripts to no avail. What scripts are called when a castle changes hands? EG Being conquered or traded (diplomancy)?

Thane Delphi said:
I have a question. I've searched module scripts to no avail. What scripts are called when a castle changes hands? EG Being conquered or traded (diplomancy)?
[list type=decimal]
[*]Lines from which people rehearse
[*]An act of altruism, like posting ****ty clues
[*]A core from which you should search deep within
[*]This number divided by 2
[*]Totally not the kingdom you're looking for
[/list]

After looking long and hard at your post I've decided your trying to tell me I asked a bad question.

But honestly I'm not sure. What you posted is like a enigma code.

Edit:
5) Totally not the kindom your looking for - Are you saying its not in module_scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom