Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im trying to make a new faction but i cant find this
(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop,"trp_sarranid_townswoman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop,"trp_spy_walker_2").
in my scripts folder

I'm using classic mount and blade.

Thane Delphi said:
Hi, im trying to make a new faction but i cant find this
(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop,"trp_sarranid_townswoman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop,"trp_spy_walker_2").
in my scripts folder

I'm using classic mount and blade.
classic Mount and Blade doesn't have a faction 6(Sarranid Faction)..
EDIT- I dont think that orginal mount and blade has that code..You can just skip it..

Thane Delphi said:
So if that code's gone do i just skip that step or what?

Search for this code:
Code:
(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_townsman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop,"trp_townswoman")
and this:
Code:
(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_swadian_townsman"), (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop,"trp_swadian_townswoman")
If no results come up for either one, then you can skip the step. If results show up, then you should copy/paste the code, then in the new version you should switch all the fac_culture_1 to fac_culture_7. (assuming your new faction uses fac_culture_7)

I don't have normal M&B, so I don't know if the code is there or not; but that was how you can find out if you can skip the step. :smile:

Is there any way to increase the "range" of lords?

I have two factions at war with each other, but there's a third faction wedged in between them, and as a result, the two factions at war never seem to fight, because they're too far apart.

Is there is a way to create module_script.py file from script.txt?
I would like to modify it, but all those numbers in .txt make it hard to find what i want to change.

Is the following possible, and if yes, how difficult would it be? (Just the scripting part.)

Swimming in warband:

Water mesh: _____surface______
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        xxxxx*Fog*xxxxx
                          ::::ground::::

Entering the fog-zone fully, which could be triggered by the head getting level to it, changes walking animation to swimming anim.

Any help or suggestions?  :grin:

_666_ said:
Is the following possible, and if yes, how difficult would it be? (Just the scripting part.)

Swimming in warband:

Water mesh: _____surface______
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        xxxxx*Fog*xxxxx
                          ::::ground::::

Entering the fog-zone fully, which could be triggered by the head getting level to it, changes walking animation to swimming anim.

Any help or suggestions?  :grin:
As flying code is possible, then swimming is just like flying under water level.

Im geting errors when trying to compile my mod, it worked for my first mod but i needed to scrap the whole and start over but its not working, im getting two erors. traceback <most recent call last> and syntaxerror: invalid syntax.

Does anybody know how to "edit" the bloom effect so it is more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8iSW-vJgT0
But not so overdone!
I have searched high and low, getting nowhere.

Edit:
Thane Delphi said:
Im geting errors when trying to compile my mod, it worked for my first mod but i needed to scrap the whole and start over but its not working, im getting two erors. traceback <most recent call last> and syntaxerror: invalid syntax.

I receive that error sometimes. Usually when i have something wrong in a item code. But like MadVader said, you should really explain your problem, be more specific.

Thing is I'm on a phone aand I'm not going to type in that that whole thing.

P.S. its not a error popup window this appears when itss compiling this is what it says (brief) traceback <most recent call last> and syntaxerror: invalid syntax.

Thane Delphi said:
Thing is I'm on a phone aand I'm not going to type in that that whole thing.

P.S. its not a error popup window this appears when itss compiling this is what it says (brief) traceback <most recent call last> and syntaxerror: invalid syntax.

look through the compiler error and it will give you a ___.module file and a line for the error. On that line there will be a syntax error, check with some similar code.

Let me try this again: you need to copy and paste here the error message you are getting, while briefly explaining what were you doing last. Just don't post millions of identical error messages, the first one would suffice.

Thane Delphi said:
We completely understood what you're talking about. Thing is, you're not helping. "Traceback... most recent call last" is not an error, it's the compiler telling you there's an error, and "invalid syntax", which by the way will show you where your invalid syntax is, is likely the result of a missing comma/bracket/whatever. We can't be certain without the error message though.
MadVader said:
Error message or gtfo.
:lol:

OK, this may seem like a noobish question, but please answer me. I downloaded wings recently and it's great for m&b lowpoly models. How can I just delete everything that has to do with texture in Wings and UV map model again? It gets so boring to me to switch between 3ds max and this just to delete materials and textures  :???:

Quickdraw said:
OK, this may seem like a noobish question, but please answer me. I downloaded wings recently and it's great for m&b lowpoly models. How can I just delete everything that has to do with texture in Wings and UV map model again? It gets so boring to me to switch between 3ds max and this just to delete materials and textures  :???:

You can find materials in the outliner box (Window/outliner). Their icon is a square marked with M.
Just be sure to delete the materials before textures. Deleting textures isn't possible if you don't remove the associated materials first.
Or simply give your material a new texture if you don't want to delete the old UV map and then you'll be free to delete the old texture.

Silver Wolf said:
You can find materials in the outliner box (Window/outliner). Their icon is a square marked with M.
Just be sure to delete the materials before textures. Deleting textures isn't possible if you don't remove the associated materials first.
Or simply give your material a new texture if you don't want to delete the old UV map and then you'll be free to delete the old texture.

I know, but when I select some faces again after that, I click on "UV mapping" and AutoUV window suddenly appears with default texture and no faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom