Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thick1988 said:
Can't find the answer to this, how do you allow for formations and/or horses to be used in battles that take place when a "village looting" is in place?

The battle where the villagers join the side of the person intervening on the pillaging***
Find the correct mission template, edit it to your liking. :smile:

I have 3 items, I can not use ingame for some weird reason.
It are falxes
Maybe i did something wron in the item code
Pls take a look at it
Code:
 ["falxa", "Falx", [("gallic_falx_1",0)], itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_two_handed|itp_bonus_against_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_crush_through, itc_parry_two_handed|itcf_overswing_twohanded|itcf_slashright_twohanded|itcf_slashleft_twohanded|itcf_carry_sword_back, 350, weight(5)|difficulty(6)|spd_rtng(85)|weapon_length(110)|swing_damage(40,cut)|thrust_damage(0,pierce), imodbits_sword_high ],
 ["falxb", "War Falx", [("gallic_falx_1",0)], itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_two_handed|itp_bonus_against_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_crush_through, itc_parry_two_handed|itcf_overswing_twohanded|itcf_slashright_twohanded|itcf_slashleft_twohanded|itcf_carry_sword_back, 500, weight(5)|difficulty(6)|spd_rtng(84)|weapon_length(110)|swing_damage(45,cut)|thrust_damage(0,pierce), imodbits_sword_high ],
 ["falxc", "Great Falx", [("gallic_falx_1",0)], itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_two_handed|itp_bonus_against_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_crush_through, itc_parry_two_handed|itcf_overswing_twohanded|itcf_slashright_twohanded|itcf_slashleft_twohanded|itcf_carry_sword_back, 900, weight(5)|difficulty(6)|spd_rtng(83)|weapon_length(110)|swing_damage(50,cut)|thrust_damage(0,pierce), imodbits_sword_high ],

Dion/Folcwar said:
It are falxes
Pls take a look at it
Code:
 ["falxa", "Falx", [("gallic_falx_1",0)], itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_two_handed|itp_bonus_against_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_crush_through, itc_parry_two_handed|itcf_overswing_twohanded|itcf_slashright_twohanded|itcf_slashleft_twohanded|itcf_carry_sword_back, 350, weight(5)|difficulty(6)|spd_rtng(85)|weapon_length(110)|swing_damage(40,cut)|thrust_damage(0,pierce), imodbits_sword_high ],
 ["falxb", "War Falx", [("gallic_falx_1",0)], itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_two_handed|itp_bonus_against_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_crush_through, itc_parry_two_handed|itcf_overswing_twohanded|itcf_slashright_twohanded|itcf_slashleft_twohanded|itcf_carry_sword_back, 500, weight(5)|difficulty(6)|spd_rtng(84)|weapon_length(110)|swing_damage(45,cut)|thrust_damage(0,pierce), imodbits_sword_high ],
 ["falxc", "Great Falx", [("gallic_falx_1",0)], itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_two_handed|itp_bonus_against_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_crush_through, itc_parry_two_handed|itcf_overswing_twohanded|itcf_slashright_twohanded|itcf_slashleft_twohanded|itcf_carry_sword_back, 900, weight(5)|difficulty(6)|spd_rtng(83)|weapon_length(110)|swing_damage(50,cut)|thrust_damage(0,pierce), imodbits_sword_high ],

You forgot to add itp_primary and without this you can't use these weapons.

_Sebastian_ said:
Dion/Folcwar said:
It are falxes
Pls take a look at it
Code:

thanks Ill try!

Jarvisimo said:
Hello folks,
As you may be aware, there is something that causes mountains of a certain height to become snow capped.
Is there a way to remove this feature, and if so, how?
Thanks!

I think by far the easiest way to do this would be to simply edit the mountain texture. Give it a completely black alpha channel and there will be no snow  :grin:

Dion/Folcwar said:
_Sebastian_ said:
Dion/Folcwar said:
It are falxes
Pls take a look at it
Code:

thanks Ill try!
it worked, Thank you

Dion/Folcwar said:
xPearse said:
How do you force factions to go to war at the start of the game.
I don't know for sure
But I think in the Faction.py
u have this relatin things, Like with outlaws and stuff
maybe copy that and change the name to faction id, and try if that works

Well I already made the factions hate each other but I would prefer them to be at war with the zombies at the beginning rather than them not declaring war on each other as sometimes others factions don't attack them or declare war even though -100 relations.

xPearse said:
How do you force factions to go to war at the start of the game.
Take a good look at what script_randomly_start_war_peace from game_start does, then adapt it to your needs.
(This answer is obscure, because I can't give you an exact one, as I am not certain whether 1.011 or even Native has the scripts that I see in my source...)

:?: How do I link scenes together? For example by making an npc send me to another scene(npc1 sends me from town_1 to town_2).
EDIT: Silly me, it was so easy :roll: Problem fixed.

I need help with this: when I try to keep an agent in one position with agent_set_scripted_position, it works only sometimes and when it works, it´s only in the beginning, and later the NPC ignore the order. It´s in multiplayer.

Somebody who knows about the AI NPC´S on battle can help me, please? I tryed everything and didn´t work.

EDIT: I already fixed the problem myself.

Please help I made a gun and for some reason the model comes out all white in game and wont show my texture. Im not sure whats wrong.

Also, how do I change the color of the sky during the day time and the night time?

And also, is it possible to script in hunger and is crafting done in game only with menus?

Lumos said:
Make a trigger that sends a message to server to do a warcry animation upon a keypress or something. And stop asking this question everywhere. I swear I've seen it like three times already.
ok ty
and nobody answered.

Im trying to make it so when you die, your character gets the game over menu but on  that menu you can choose to send your character to a create game character menu where your race has changed, or the main menu because you died.

How would this look like in the code? I want to make it so when you die as Race 1, 2, or 3, you can come back with the character menu as 4, 5, or 6. but I want to make it so

1-4, 2-5, 3-6. I'm not familiar with how you create triggers and and storing values. Is it possible I create a trigger that on character death a menu pops up and if you die as race 1 a menu option to come back as race 4 comes out? See I'm trying to make a game with multiple races but when you die I want it so you cant come back as another races zombie. Cuz it wouldn't make sense. Of course I could be cheap and simply force change your character to a zombie on death or have that option on the menu change your race and then simply make in game race helmets with the base face underneath as a zombie.

But regardless of all of that, how would you bring up the race create menu again post character creation or how could I make it choose that option from a Game Over menu when you are killed so you can choose the main menu or a menu that force changes your character to a zombie race.

And is it possible to have it change your characters base bonus stats? Is that controlled in one of the .py files? If I can figure this out I would experiment with more special races....
I also need to figure out how to make custom skeletons use custom attack animations....

game_menus
sets character start levels, and you can add in bonuses, new items, whatever you like.

not sure offhand about the death-reincarnation bit

Amman de Stazia said:
game_menus
sets character start levels, and you can add in bonuses, new items, whatever you like.

not sure offhand about the death-reincarnation bit

well I know I could just add a game menu for on hero hp = 0 bring up my own menu, but I'm not sure what the code would look like.

And now I see thanks I will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom