Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awhile back I was messing around in Morgh's and was somehow able to make it to where when two parties fought a battle in the vacinity of a village, the villagers joined the side of one of the parties and the actual battle was in that village's scene.

I have been attempting to reproduce this now and of course I cannot remember how I did it.  :sad:

I wanted to know if anyone else had produced any similar results and/or if you knew how it could be done within Morgh's or text or Module System.

This is probably a stupid question but what does the dollar sign ($) indicate when it is front of something
ie 
(eq, "$character_gender", tf_male),
          (overlay_set_val, "$g_presentation_obj_11", 1),

does it mean that this is a local variable or something?

It's the global variable sign. These type of variables always keep their value before a new value is assigned to them. On the other hand, local variables (ones with colon) only work for the script they're put in.

Dusk Voyager said:
It's the global variable sign. These type of variables always keep their value before a new value is assigned to them. On the other hand, local variables (ones with colon) only work for the script they're put in.

ah ok thanks for explaining that

I have a question,

I am creating a new faction.
and I got some cities cast;es villages
that all works fine.

now I added the Capital to the menu.
But when you start a nw game you choose that city, you go in, you fight this bandit.
But after that
Not the merchant of the city comes.
But a novice fighter.

How to make the merchant of this city appear there.

(and yes I added him to the Module troops)

Dion/Folcwar said:
I have a question,

that all works fine.

But when you start a nw game you choose that city, you go in, you fight this bandit.
But after that
But a novice fighter.

I just skipped the whole "introduction" because it was taking so much time to test the game... every time I added some new stuff I had to fight the guy and talk to the merchant... bleah.

Dawiduh said:
Dion/Folcwar said:
I have a question,

that all works fine.

But after that
But a novice fighter.

I just skipped the whole "introduction" because it was taking so much time to test the game... every time I added some new stuff I had to fight the guy and talk to the merchant... bleah.
well your right,
But I would still like to know how to do it,

del said:
I'm having a problem with the initialize_aristocracy script, I have 8 factions in my mod so far so all I have added to this script is this

(else_try),
(is_between, ":cur_troop", "trp_knight_7_1", "trp_knight_8_1"),
(store_sub, ":npc_seed", ":cur_troop", "trp_knight_7_1"),
(assign, ":ancestor_seed", 37),

(else_try),
(is_between, ":cur_troop", "trp_knight_8_1", "trp_kingdom_1_pretender"),
(store_sub, ":npc_seed", ":cur_troop", "trp_knight_8_1"),
(assign, ":ancestor_seed", 43),
(try_end),

The problem I have is that lords 7_1 to 7_8 and lords 8_1 to 8_8 are now the players son in laws  :???: but the rest are set as they should be.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem.

Any ideas anyone ?

I had a question, I am making a mod for my little brothers involving zombies. I have the factions, map, troops, items, diplomacy and 30+ companions scripted and done. The problem is that in battle the zombies are still too fast. I've made their body and head armor values really high so that only head shots can kill them.
1) Is there a script or a header value that can slow down a units speed? Or could I change the agility value so that it increases the movement speed bonus more and if I could do that where would I find that or is it hard coded?
2)My second question would be is there a way to modify how often the AI units get head shots?  The AI army troops don't hit the zombie heads enough especially a unit I am trying to fix the marine sniper.
Any help is appreciated I have searched the forums for around 2 weeks now and haven't found any help.
Thank you

bubba06 said:
1) Is there a script or a header value that can slow down a units speed? Or could I change the agility value so that it increases the movement speed bonus more and if I could do that where would I find that or is it hard coded?
There are 3 operations to modify agent speeds.
Code:
(agent_set_speed_modifier, <agent_id>, <value>), # value is in percentage, 100 is default, value can be between [0..1000]
(agent_set_speed_limit,<agent_id>,<speed_limit(kilometers/hour)>), #Affects AI only
For horses;
Code:
(agent_set_horse_speed_factor, <agent_id>, <speed_multiplier-in-1/100>),

bubba06 said:
2)My second question would be is there a way to modify how often the AI units get head shots?  The AI army troops don't hit the zombie heads enough especially a unit I am trying to fix the marine sniper.
The AI is allways aiming for the head (hardcoded) and if you want to increase the chance for headshots, then you have to increase the skill of the bots and/or the weapon accuracy.

Hello folks,
As you may be aware, there is something that causes mountains of a certain height to become snow capped.
Is there a way to remove this feature, and if so, how?
Thanks!

Place (call_script, "script_change_troop_renown", "trp_player", 500), in script_game_start, or just (troop_set_slot, "trp_player", slot_troop_renown, 500), since you don't start with any renown unless you pick the right starting choices.

Jarvisimo said:
Hello folks,
As you may be aware, there is something that causes mountains of a certain height to become snow capped.
Is there a way to remove this feature, and if so, how?
Thanks!

Do you mean on the world map?

xPearse said:
How do you force factions to go to war at the start of the game.
I don't know for sure
But I think in the Faction.py
u have this relatin things, Like with outlaws and stuff
maybe copy that and change the name to faction id, and try if that works

Can't find the answer to this, how do you allow for formations and/or horses to be used in battles that take place when a "village looting" is in place?

The battle where the villagers join the side of the person intervening on the pillaging***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom