Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fg109 said:
Roemerboy said:
I have a little trouble with my "open helmet" code.
It works well, but I would like to define a little different in it.
Now, for example if I use helmet1 and press button v it changes the helmet to helmet2. Thats ok.
But, if I use helmet2 and press button v it changes to helmet1 again. That's not so ok.
I want, that if I equip helmet1 it changes to helmet2 and from helmet2 back to helmet1.
But I don't want, that if I equip helmet2 it changes to helmet1 if I press the button v.
I hope, that you understand what I mean.  :wink:

You're saying that if you enter battle with helmet1, you should be able to freely change between helmet1 and helmet2.  But if you enter battle with helmet2, you should not be able to change between them.

I think you need to add another slot to the helmet, which says whether or not you should be able to change helmets if you enter battle with it.  So for helmet1, you set the value of this slot to 1, and for helmet2, you leave it as 0.

Then in your mission template, add a trigger for ti_before_mission_start and store whether or not you're using helmet1 (or another that allows switching) in a global variable.  In your key_clicked trigger, you should add a condition that checks the global variable.

Thanks very much! That is what I meant!  :mrgreen:
as0017 said:
Roemerboy said:
The dust etc. are particles. You find them in particle_systems.py . The whole is an own object. You must script, that if the grenade hits the ground the object "whole" will add at this position.

I hope this help. :smile:
Thanks, but I mean small pieces of stones.  :mrgreen:
Such as:
ins-zhan-wang-my-personal-universe.jpg

And the grenade code of WFAS just have bomb blast, bomb smoke and bomb dust particle. It doesn't have pieces of stone (or I don't see  :mrgreen:, and don't need they can deal damage now)

I never saw the stone pieces in NW....

Could use some help about Python in general. Again. :razz:
Lumos said:
This is giving me problems, and it didn't do it before. If I try to implement it, I get all of the "unassigned local variable" errors for all of my keys, and if I apply Caba's fix, I get "int object is unsubscriptable" or something like that.
Therefore, I decided to hack myself all of the "assign" statements programmatically with my newly-founded Python knowledge. :razz:
Anyways, I tried to add this to script_init_all_keys:
Code:
	] + concatenate_scripts([
		(assign, keys_list[i][0], keys_list[i][1]),
	]for i in xrange(len(keys_list))) + [
Where keys_list (is old-style):
Code:
keys_list = [("$key_camera_toggle",   0xcf),
             ("$key_camera_next",     0xe0),
             ("$key_camera_prev",     0xe1),
             ("$key_camera_zoom_plus",0x4e),
             ("$key_camera_zoom_min", 0x4a),
             ("$key_camera_forward",  0xc8),
             ("$key_camera_backward", 0xd0),
             ("$key_camera_right",    0xcd),
             ("$key_camera_left",     0xcb),
             ("$key_primary_ab",      0x24),
             ("$key_secondary_ab",    0x25),
             ("$key_ab_help",         0x2f),
             ("$key_sprint",          0x38),
			 ]
And concatenate_scripts is:
Code:
def concatenate_scripts(block_list):
    result = []
    for block in block_list:
        result += block
    return result
So, my hackish code snippet should be translated into an (assign, "$key", hex_code) for every key. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working. Help?
Sorry if you need to read some previous posts...

I have a question about passages in a scene.  In edit mode, I can change which menu option the passage uses, and which entry point the player spawns at.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I'm assuming that it executes all the code for the menu option, as though you actually selected it in a game menu, and then overrides whatever entry point is set with the one from the passage.

What I want to know is how I can change which menu the passage works off of.  From what I can tell, all the passages in all the scenes use "mnu_town" and the menu options contained in it.

I want to create my own town/castle, which has its own menu.  Is there a way to re-route the passages in the scenes for my town/castle to the custom menu?

It's done based on the order of the entry point and the order of the menu option. There are no overrides, other than the (eq,1,0) operation at the end to make sure the condition fails and it doesn't actually show up in the menu. Use set_passage_menu to point to a different menu.

Somebody said:
It's done based on the order of the entry point and the order of the menu option. There are no overrides, other than the (eq,1,0) operation at the end to make sure the condition fails and it doesn't actually show up in the menu. Use set_passage_menu to point to a different menu.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know!  So I'm assuming that I use set_passage_menu after set_jump_mission and before jump_to_scene?  Or is it after jump_to_scene and before change_screen_mission? Or perhaps in the mission template under one of the triggers? Never mind, I'll experiment on my own.  Thanks again.

@Roemerboy:
May be my English is bad, so I can't epress my idea correctly.

So you can see in this picture, there are some pieces of ...dirt.
7674822512_eba4c1b979_b.jpg

Can you explain to me about the particle stats:
for example
Code:
 ("bomb_fire_1", psf_billboard_3d|psf_always_emit|psf_randomize_size|psf_randomize_rotation, "prt_mesh_fire_1",
     10000, 1, 6, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0,  #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (0.0, 1.0), (1, 0.0),          #alpha keys
     (0.0, 1.0), (1, 1),          #red keys
     (0.0, 0.6), (1, 0.6),          #green keys
     (0.0, 0.2), (1, 0.1),          #blue keys
     (0, 1.5),   (1, 4),            #scale keys
     (0.5, 0.5, 2),                 #emit box size
     (0, 0, 8),                     #emit velocity
     5,                             #emit dir randomness
     200,                           #rotation speed
     0.2                           #rotation damping
    ),

gravity strength = 0 (I think this mean the particle don't have weight, and it doesn't fall down), so how does it make effect if the number = 5, or 6, or 7? The number "5" is a gravitational acceleration of 5 m/s^2?
Does any other size stat use meter-unit?
What about damping ?
How to edit particle's corlor? (so much stat, don't look like a RGB  :mrgreen:)
and scale key, why it have so much stat for this option? ----  (0, 1.5),  (1, 4),

Thanks for helps and replies.

Lumos said:
And concatenate_scripts is:
Code:
def concatenate_scripts(block_list):
    result = []
    for block in block_list:
        result += block
    return result
So, my hackish code snippet should be translated into an (assign, "$key", hex_code) for every key. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working. Help?

I'm not really sure what you mean, but why is there a  +=  at result += block?
as0017 said:
@Roemerboy:
May be my English is bad, so I can't epress my idea correctly.

So you can see in this picture, there are some pieces of ...dirt.
7674822512_eba4c1b979_b.jpg

Can you explain to me about the particle stats:
for example
  ("bomb_fire_1", psf_billboard_3d|psf_always_emit|psf_randomize_size|psf_randomize_rotation, "prt_mesh_fire_1",
    10000, 1, 6, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0,  #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
    (0.0, 1.0), (1, 0.0),          #alpha keys
    (0.0, 1.0), (1, 1),          #red keys
    (0.0, 0.6), (1, 0.6),          #green keys
    (0.0, 0.2), (1, 0.1),          #blue keys
    (0, 1.5),  (1, 4),            #scale keys
    (0.5, 0.5, 2),                #emit box size
    (0, 0, :cool:,                    #emit velocity
    5,                            #emit dir randomness
    200,                          #rotation speed
    0.2                          #rotation damping
    ),
gravity strength = 0 (I think this mean the particle don't have weight, and it doesn't fall down), so how does it make effect if the number = 5, or 6, or 7? The number "5" is a gravitational acceleration of 5 m/s?

Uffff thats hard for me. I never added a new particle or choose one. But I will try to explain what I know.  :mrgreen:
Now, if the gravity is 5 for example will the particle fall down faster as the gravity is 3. If the gravity is 0 will the particle never stop flying.
I can't tell you as 5 = 5m/s , but there is a way to try it. You mustt add an object (like a white line) which have a length of 5 meter. Now go in your scene and put one of the ground. At one of the ends put you another line with an angle of 90°. Now throw a grenade at the angle and lock how high and long the particles fly.

as0017 said:
Does any other size stat use meter-unit?

I don't know this. Simply look in the particles. There you should find an answe. :smile:

as0017 said:
What about damping ?

I think, that the damping is the skill of the gravity. So it is hardcoded.

as0017 said:
How to edit particle's corlor? (so much stat, don't look like a RGB  :mrgreen:)

You must edit the red, green, blue keys for a new colour. Simply edit a few new numbers of this keys. Than look ingame after the colour. You need experience for this :wink:
But if you want it red, could you look at the torch particle. The torchfire is red.  :grin:

as0017 said:
and scale key, why it have so much stat for this option? ----  (0, 1.5),  (1, 4),

Thtas easy. You have three kinds of scale. Height, Length and Width. Every key is for one of this options.

I hope that this is helpfull for you. :cool:

Lumos said:
Sorry if you need to read some previous posts...

How about :
Code:
	] + concatenate_scripts([(assign, keys_list[i][0], keys_list[i][1]),] for i in xrange(len(keys_list))) + [
code edited. After trial in python command line, it seems that you only miss the space before for. Your code should work.
python.jpg

Roemerboy said:
I'm not really sure what you mean, but why is there a  +=  at result += block?
It means :
  result = result + block

Hello, I really want to edit a default uniform on napoleonic wars! Are they any tutorials you can link me to?

dunde said:
Code:
	] + concatenate_scripts([(assign, keys_list[i][0], keys_list[i][1]),] for i in xrange(len(keys_list))) + [
code edited. After trial in python command line, it seems that you only miss the space before for. Your code should work.
Thanks a lot, mate. Works. I didn't know that Python is that picky about indentations and stuff...

@Roemerboy: thank you very much, it is helpful.
But the scale key, I think this must have 3 stats such as x scale, y scale, z scale.
But it have 4.  :shock:
The last one, how it make effect?  :roll:

Hey guys what do you think on average in mount and blade scenes how much poly everything together would be. Like for say an average village, castle or town not including the people just the buildings and so forth. I just want to know so I can work my scenes better.

as0017 said:
@Roemerboy: thank you very much, it is helpful.
But the scale key, I think this must have 3 stats such as x scale, y scale, z scale.
But it have 4.  :shock:
The last one, how it make effect?  :roll:

:shock:
I didn't saw the 4.... I thought that it's not a . not a , ....
I do not know what this means.
Perhaps the hight of the particle? I mean the hight of  particle - earth.
xPearse said:
Hey guys what do you think on average in mount and blade scenes how much poly everything together would be. Like for say an average village, castle or town not including the people just the buildings and so forth. I just want to know so I can work my scenes better.

Hmmmm I would say that for a normal map, like a castle, nothing over 30.000 poly. So, It can't be lag. But I'm not so sure. I had not make a lot of scenes...

I have a problem with my kingfom banners. I gave my first kingdom the banner with the 2 roses as faction banner. But if I start a quick battle happens this.

210ipl4.jpg

And if I fight vs. the Outlaws, spawn this troops at them:

2efuzwn.jpg

Spieler = Player

The players should not spawn. They aren't in the quick battle troops part.

Any suggestions?

I'm currently editing module_troops and I've solved every problem before this (about twenty in the last week) and I'm finally stumped.

Code:
                                                                       ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Despair2K\Desktop\MOUNT AND BLADE MODDING\Module_system 1.153\p
rocess_items.py", line 66, in <module>
    from process_operations import *
rocess_operations.py", line 14, in <module>
    from module_troops import *
  File "C:\Users\Despair2K\Desktop\MOUNT AND BLADE MODDING\Module_system 1.153\m
odule_troops.py", line 547
    ["npc2","Deltah_The_Fearless","Deltah_The_Fearless", tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_i
n_party_window, 0,reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_leather_jerkin,itm_nomad_boots,it
m_sword_medieval_a],str_7|agi_7|int_11|cha_6|level(1),wp(40),knows_warrior_npc|k
nows_trade_2|knows_weapon_master_5|knows_ironflesh_3|knows_wound_treatment_2|kno
ws_athletics_3|knows_first_aid_1|knows_leadership_1|knows_shield_3|knows_riding_
2,0x000x000000003e083145341bacb6db6dc92b00000000001db6fb0000000000000000],

^
Exporting scene data...
rocess_scenes.py", line 15, in <module>
n_party_window, 0,reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_leather_jerkin,itm_nomad_boots,it
m_sword_medieval_a],str_7|agi_7|int_11|cha_6|level(1),wp(40),knows_warrior_npc|k
nows_trade_2|knows_weapon_master_5|knows_ironflesh_3|knows_wound_treatment_2|kno
ws_athletics_3|knows_first_aid_1|knows_leadership_1|knows_shield_3|knows_riding_

^
rocess_troops.py", line 4, in <module>

^
Exporting particle data...
rocess_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>

^
rocess_tableau_materials.py", line 8, in <module>

^
rocess_presentations.py", line 8, in <module>

^
Exporting party_template data...
rocess_parties.py", line 6, in <module>

^
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
rocess_scripts.py", line 7, in <module>

^
rocess_mission_tmps.py", line 8, in <module>

^
rocess_game_menus.py", line 8, in <module>

^
rocess_simple_triggers.py", line 5, in <module>

^
rocess_dialogs.py", line 9, in <module>

^
rocess_global_variables_unused.py", line 3, in <module>

^
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

This is what I'm currently editing:

Code:
["npc1","Hubert","Hubert",tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_khergit_armor,itm_nomad_boots,itm_knife],str_8|agi_7|int_12|cha_7|level(3),wp(60),knows_tracker_npc|knows_ironflesh_1|knows_power_strike_1|knows_pathfinding_3|knows_athletics_2|knows_tracking_1|knows_riding_2,0x000000003e08414505ffe3fff8fc0e0000000000001ff17f0000000000000000],
["npc2","Deltah","Deltah",tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0,reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_leather_jerkin,itm_nomad_boots,itm_sword_medieval_a],str_12|agi_9|int_11|cha_6|level(5),wp(100),knows_warrior_npc|knows_trade_2|knows_weapon_master_5|knows_ironflesh_3|knows_wound_treatment_2|knows_athletics_3|knows_first_aid_1|knows_leadership_1|knows_shield_3|knows_riding_2,0x000x000000003e083145341bacb6db6dc92b00000000001db6fb0000000000000000],
["npc3","Ymira","Ymira",tf_female|tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_dress,itm_woolen_hose,itm_knife],str_6|agi_9|int_11|cha_6|level(1),wp(20),knows_merchant_npc|knows_wound_treatment_1|knows_trade_1|knows_first_aid_3|knows_surgery_1|knows_athletics_1|knows_riding_1,0x0000000083040001583b6db8dec5925b00000000001d80980000000000000000],

I don't know if I'm just blind on this one or if something is seriously wrong.  Can anyone give me a hand and help me find the problem?

The problem is in the line that has "Deltah", line 547, but I don't know what's wrong with it, or if that's the only problem.

xPearse said:
Awhile ago, Xenoargh said testing showed that about 200k triangles was the upper limit for the combined scene props of a scene. Haven't done that much testing myself, so I can't speak from experience.

I guess I was blind on it, I don't know how I didn't see that.

Thanks man :smile:

EDIT:  It didn't fix it, same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom