Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pentagathus said:
Is check_quest_finished degenerate now? neg|check_quest_finished didn't seemed to work in a dialogue window, so I assigned a global variable instead but this might be a problem with game save compatibility (planning to make a story mod, bit like the undying lands.)
It's used all over, so it's not "degenerate". Explain what are you trying to do and provide code.
You don't need globals for quest state.

as0017 said:
I use backup file and redo everythings
Now, I don't do any mistake.
Every when I mesh a band of skeleton (I'm trying to add skeleton troop).
It crash to desktop
(may be brf error?)
BRF errors have nothing to do with the ModuleSystem's compiler. You obviously have something wrong in your codes.
as0017 said:
All what I do to spawn them on the map is just replace "tp_looter" by "tp_skeleton"
Do you mean "trp_skeleton"?

Anyways, make sure your race is defined correctly. That you aren't missing brackets, commas, fields, anything. Make double, triple, quadruple sure.

MadVader said:
pentagathus said:
Is check_quest_finished degenerate now? neg|check_quest_finished didn't seemed to work in a dialogue window, so I assigned a global variable instead but this might be a problem with game save compatibility (planning to make a story mod, bit like the undying lands.)
It's used all over, so it's not "degenerate". Explain what are you trying to do and provide code.
You don't need globals for quest state.
Don't have the code anymore, but I put (neg|check_quest_finished, qst_whateveritwas) as one of the conditions in the quest start up dialogue so you couldn't get the same quest again.

Lumos said:
BRF errors have nothing to do with the ModuleSystem's compiler. You obviously have something wrong in your codes.

Do you mean "trp_skeleton"?

Anyways, make sure your race is defined correctly. That you aren't missing brackets, commas, fields, anything. Make double, triple, quadruple sure.
Yes, I change "trp_looter" to "trp_skeleton" in module_parties.py and module_party_templates.py
May be it isn't enough, must do more.
I will along the guide

I really don't know much about the shaders and such so I want a material to properly use a spec map so I am using specular shader and specular enable in the material flags, I am using this for glass and such so is this a proper shader or do people usually use a different shader when using specular maps.

Help please...

I'm trying to add three bags of salt to a specific town's (Smolensk's) goods market.  Is there a ay to do this? 

Cheers,

rfa

Got a bit of a problem with recruitment in the villages.  I can only recruit top-tier troops instead of low-tier troops.
I set up correctly the reinforcements, the types of troops and the upgrade order.

Any ideas?

Hi guys,

Been searching, but I can't figure this out. Playing with model building in Wings3D. How do I extract models from Native, so that I can mess with them?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a common question. I can't seem to find it answered elsewhere.

How do i add bullets into the game.​

So I have finally added a rifle into my game. The animations are all correct, but i only get one bullet. Whenever i try to reload it says i have no bolts. The osp pack the rifle came in did not have any bullet models. Please help me.​

Commodore_Axephante said:
Hi guys,

Been searching, but I can't figure this out. Playing with model building in Wings3D. How do I extract models from Native, so that I can mess with them?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a common question. I can't seem to find it answered elsewhere.

Use openBRF here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=72279.0. It cand import and export 3d models into BRF files. Also you can set the textures, UVW them, set the correct shaders & such.

Good luck.

longsword101 said:

So I have finally added a rifle into my game. The animations are all correct, but i only get one bullet. Whenever i try to reload it says i have no bolts. The osp pack the rifle came in did not have any bullet models. Please help me.​

You should change your bullet into type "bolt"

longsword101 said:

the bullets are itm_cartridges.

Does anyone know the cartridges module_item.py code.​

I know it exists i just can not seem to find it. Also does anyone know where i can find a cartridge mesh?

Use openBRF to look into all the BRF files in native. They have a pistol musket and bullets (pellets) there. I forgot which file exactly.
The native BRF files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\CommonRes.

And Dunde answered in the Q&A thread:

dunde said:
longsword101 said:

the bullets are itm_cartridges.

longsword101 said:
Ok, is their a model i can use called cartridge.
native has no model for carried cartridges and the bullets, asumed they re too tiny, and you won't pick bullets on the ground and try to reuse them like you did to arrows, will you?
Native only has square iconic cartridges for inventory and ammo left display.

dunde said:
longsword101 said:
Ok, is their a model i can use called cartridge.
native has no model for carried cartridges and the bullets, asumed they re too tiny, and you won't pick bullets on the ground and try to reuse them like you did to arrows, will you?
Native only has square iconic cartridges for inventory and ammo left display.
And i may find this cartridge model where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom