Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, ok :smile: but how do i remove towns cities or, and another thing how do i edit npc faces like lords ladies or kings, i think that ive done everything right but anyway looks at this 1. i start edit mode 2. i start mount and blade 3. i load or start a new game 4. i click at character 5. i choose the king/lord i wanna change 6. when im satisfied with the face i press CTRL + E and copy the text 6. close down the game 7. open module_troops.py 8. i find like king harlaus and i change the code at the and 9. save 10. build _module.bat / no errors start m&b , BUT THE SAME FACE :razz:

and i use  ( / )  NOT ( \ ) inthe module_info

hello,

ok,I have a noob,very noob question:

how I add new scene props?

I'm completly noob with module system,so I can't do it

can enyone tell me?

probabily that question has benn answerd here,but I need it right now,and I don't have time to search

It's indeed not hard.

Anyway - quick question of my own:

In the module system; what's the scope of distances? What's for example 10 'distance' on the world map? Metres? What are metres on the world map? :razz:

So yeah, anyone have a grip on the approximate lenghts? Thanks.

Hello, ive read somewhere up to page 148 on this thread and i havent managed to find the answer to my query.

im looking for some sort of code to encumber my troops to make them walk very slowly, but not compromise thier level. example, i want a level 200 guy wearing cloth to walk like he's got lead balls. i have spent numerous hours simply increasing wieght on the items that these troops carry (which took forever and a lot of note taking lol as i was using basic Native items, so editing what one wears may affect several :razz:) up to  the maximum which i found out was 60-64, i found this made just a tiny difference to a level 200. even at level 50 the difference is barely noticable.
so i assume there is some sort of code that can do this. can anyone help me? im very new to coding i understand the module system, thanks to the module system tut. (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,12.0.html) but i havent found anything simiar for coding so if anyone has a link to a tut that also would be good. i have also pretty much spammed the search button for this with  numerous search terms.

thanks for your time  :grin: sorry for being a noob!

Why would you need a level 200 dude though? Seems kinda silly - you can get super strong guys at level 30 or something, too.

Maybe just try to lower the level till they slow down enough? (with max weight) and then just see if they're/the troop is still strong enough.

Again about adding scene_props, it's been said twice not be hard, and it probably isn't, but I've been getting the same dumb error quite a few times now and it seems I'm not getting my new prop in game. :???:
I've got a cart, cart1, in a .brf, added
Code:
 ("cart1",0,"cart1","cart1", []),
to the bottom of the scene_props.py and then build it.

Building gives no new errors, but I keep getting a get_object failed for: cart1 error. :sad:
It might be that I'm missing something really simple, but I don't see it.

Ultra said:
Hello, ive read somewhere up to page 148 on this thread and i havent managed to find the answer to my query.

im looking for some sort of code to encumber my troops to make them walk very slowly, but not compromise thier level. example, i want a level 200 guy wearing cloth to walk like he's got lead balls. i have spent numerous hours simply increasing wieght on the items that these troops carry (which took forever and a lot of note taking lol as i was using basic Native items, so editing what one wears may affect several :razz:) up to  the maximum which i found out was 60-64, i found this made just a tiny difference to a level 200. even at level 50 the difference is barely noticable.
so i assume there is some sort of code that can do this. can anyone help me? im very new to coding i understand the module system, thanks to the module system tut. (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,12.0.html) but i havent found anything simiar for coding so if anyone has a link to a tut that also would be good. i have also pretty much spammed the search button for this with  numerous search terms.

specify his athletics skill in module_troops.

If you give him athletics skill of 1, then he won't ever run anywhere, regardless of what he carries.
I think you're making a tank right?  Powerful, but slow?
keep up the good work!

In addition to my previous question that still remains:

In the module system; what's the scope of distances? What's for example 10 'distance' on the world map? Metres? What are metres on the world map? :razz:

I would like to make sure if the operation (try_for_parties) also takes in party templates? (like regular armies and stuff.)

Highelf said:
Why would you need a level 200 dude though? Seems kinda silly - you can get super strong guys at level 30 or something, too.

Maybe just try to lower the level till they slow down enough? (with max weight) and then just see if they're/the troop is still strong enough.

tested that didnt work. thanks for the response though.

Amman de Stazia said:
Ultra said:

specify his athletics skill in module_troops.

If you give him athletics skill of 1, then he won't ever run anywhere, regardless of what he carries.
I think you're making a tank right?  Powerful, but slow?
keep up the good work!

i will attempt this tomorow, hopefully it works. thanks for your response also.

I have searched everywhere for info on making an 'auto continuation' in battle, so when you get knocked out, the battle can still continue and your forces can still win without you. I have seen it featured in some mods, but I cannot find out how to change it on my own, for my own mod. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Hader said:
I have searched everywhere for info on making an 'auto continuation' in battle, so when you get knocked out, the battle can still continue and your forces can still win without you. I have seen it featured in some mods, but I cannot find out how to change it on my own, for my own mod. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Start here:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,63178.msg1641483.html#msg1641483.  Note the correction later in the discussion and the link to MartinF's discussion of the same topic:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61929.msg1603855.html#msg1603855.  I'm sure there's more around.

Highelf said:
In addition to my previous question that still remains:

I would like to make sure if the operation (try_for_parties) also takes in party templates? (like regular armies and stuff.)

this isn't really an answer, but I initially thought it was 1 'tile' as per the map editor.  However, a few trials with different numbers suggested it's more like the distance a party would travel per hour, with speed '1'.  Just a bit of guesswork, based on trial and error...

fisheye said:
FrisianDude said:
Is it possible to give troops items with imodbits? :???:

Yes. You have to use troop_add_item in an script called at the beginning of the game, just like how the player is given starting equipment with imods. You can't do it in module_troops.

Can anyone explain how to do this? I've tried, but I can't seem to get it.

[quote author= FrisianDude]Can anyone explain how to do this? I've tried, but I can't seem to get it.[/quote]
C'mon man, look in the header files. Fisheye even made it easy for you and told you the command and yet you still ask. Look around & do some research. :/

Code:
troop_add_item                         = 1530	# (troop_add_item,<troop_id>,<item_id>,[modifier]),
troop_add_items                        = 1535	# (troop_add_items,<troop_id>,<item_id>,<number>),

kt0 said:
Hader said:
Start here:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,63178.msg1641483.html#msg1641483.  Note the correction later in the discussion and the link to MartinF's discussion of the same topic:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61929.msg1603855.html#msg1603855.  I'm sure there's more around.
Thanks, I'll get working on that soon.

I had one more minor question, for now at least. :razz:

I encountered a bug while testing my mod where all AI parties seem to not notice I am there...basically, whenever I encounter any party that should care about my presence (so any hostile parties basically), they never acknowledge my presence. Bandits do not run from me or try to attack me, they patrol constantly and do not confront me for anything. I believe this has to to with parties.txt , though I do not know where the problem lies after my hours of searching.

If it helps any, I am running using the Calradia map refinement mod v1.2, which changes only parties.txt and map.txt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom